We Checked into the Avista, and when we got to our room we were quite disappointed to find that due to the Architectural curve of the building and geographics... there is little sunshine exposure except on the beach. You cannot see a sunrise from your room as the complex actually faces in a southerly direction. You see lots of other rooms and that is my main memory...
you would acutally have a better sunshine location if you looked out over the street view, as the curve of the building lends itself to the balconies for those units facing east.
We had a 3 bedroom end room. We originally were in a 2 bedroom but moved so we could get some sun.... but were disapointed to find that it doesn't seem to matter where you are... there is little direct sun to be had. In general... everywhere had a grimy greasy feel, the resort is pooly staffed. The massage is 'swedish massage' which was a problem... we booked there as my older son require a RMT to work on his tendons, so the massage service was of no use.
When we arrived there was a note on the counter which explained the inventory of the suite, and that we would be charged for anything that was missing if we didn't report it immediately.... so the first hour we spend scouring the room and taking inventory WELCOME TO THE AVISTA.... of course there was indeed lots missing... knives, toaster, roasting pan..... so glad that we took the time to do that inventory.
When we moved rooms, the inventory in the new room was complete... but we had to spend another hour going through everything.
Our neighbours son got stuck on the elevator around the 7th floor and it took them over 45 mnutes to get him out of the elevator.
We put our 7 year old son in the shark tooth hunt... and I observed from the balcony... once my husband dropped him off... they just led him to the beach where he sat all by himself.... I could see he was very bored, so I sent my husband back down to rescue him... in the interim I saw him and another boy just leave the sand and head back to the hotel... no one was supervising him. Luckily my husband was there to catch him. They just left, the pool and came back to the room.... no-one ever contacted us with any concern that he was missing.
Poorly run, the staff was generally unhelpful which was surprising for South Carolina, as the locals are usually so cheerful and friendly.
Will definately not go back... we cut our stay short and left to go to Washington DC ( 1/2 way home)... When we checked out.... we noted that we had been charged for our room service... WHICH WE HAD PAID CASH FOR AND THE TIPS HAD BEEN ALTERED.
Beach was nice... crowded but nice. ( again the architectural cuve lends to increasing the capacity of tenants.... therefore the beach is overcrowded for the width of the property)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of North Myrtle Beach's newest oceanfront condominium resorts. Extraordinary features and architectural beauty combine to offer visitors the ultimate vacation experience. A condo to suit your every need and provide the finest experience possible; this is what differentiates between an average resort and the Avista Resort. As one of the first guests to have the opportunity to enjoy the experience of our new resort it will be our pleasure to serve you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Avista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Myrtle Beach
- Avista Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Avista North Myrtle Beach
- Avista Hotel n Myrtle Beach