We have just returned from a 4-nights at the Avista resort. Overall, it was a nice place. The rooms are clean and spacious. Our room,1028, was a corner one on 10th floor, 2 BR/ 2BT/QS, ocean front. We had a great view of the beach and the pools. The employees were very nice and polite, from the uploading screw, the front desk to the room service screw. On our first night there, we had to call them several times for missing items such as diswashing soaf, laundry detergent, extra trash bags.... and they were very patient with us. The pools are nice but a little small.
One thing I must complain is the washer/dryer combo unit. I have never seen anything like that and it did not work well at all. The dryer function was very slow and ineficient. We had to dry our clothes outside on the balcony, or use iron to make them dry when it's not sunny. We had 2 families with young children and this washer/dryer combo did not work for us at all. I understand it was up to the private owner of the unit to change it, but if the resort decided to have the washer/dryer in the unit, they should have something that work, or they would be better off with the coin-operating washer/dryer. The room private owner also did not supply enough cooking gears, pots, pans, and only one small basket to clean the vegetables. We had to buy an extra cooker and left it behind for next users.
Overall, it was a nice, relaxing stay. We enjoyed the beach, the view, and the indoor pools. The employees were very nice and polite. However, we would not stay at this resort again unless the situation with the washer/dryer is resolved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of North Myrtle Beach's newest oceanfront condominium resorts. Extraordinary features and architectural beauty combine to offer visitors the ultimate vacation experience. A condo to suit your every need and provide the finest experience possible; this is what differentiates between an average resort and the Avista Resort. As one of the first guests to have the opportunity to enjoy the experience of our new resort it will be our pleasure to serve you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Vacatia, Cancelon, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Avista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Myrtle Beach
- Avista Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Avista North Myrtle Beach
- Avista Hotel n Myrtle Beach