“Would love to come back”
Review of Avista Resort

Avista Resort
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We rented a three bedroom, three bath ocean front suite for 6 adults and 3 children. The unit was spacious and contained a washer and dryer. The view was amazing. Staff was friendly and helpful. We discovered it was college week, however this was not a problem for a family vacation. Our we could not hear any noise from the unit next door. Access to the beach was easy. The resort has 3 pools and 2 lazy rivers. We would definitely stay at Avista again if we visit N Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Zach F, Front Office Manager at Avista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear FloridaEmptynest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with us in regards to your stay over student week with us at the Avista Resort. While we know that some of our students can get out of hand, the majority are great kids celebrating graduation and we as a staff do everything we can for it to not affect our other guests that may not be here for the same reason. We are thrilled to see that you had a great stay in one of the spacious three bedrooms and hope that we have the chance to serve you and yours again in the future.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

We really enjoyed the food, drinks, and overall atmosphere...the room was sooo clean and I loved the jetted tub...I only wish I had picked a room on the side of the tower...I like to see only the ocean from my view not other rooms too...but like I said I caused that...the staff was friendly and everything worked great...I was really please!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Zach F, Front Office Manager at Avista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Lucy Lu G,

Thank you very much for choosing the Avista Resort and letting us and others know how everything went. I see that you prefer the ocean view side of the towers and would certainly recommend our L units that have a fantastic view of the beach, as well as floor to ceiling windows which creates a fantastic view. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact myself or our reservations department so that we have the opportunity to give you the most fantastic vacation.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

We stayed here for the Spring Bike week at the recommendation of a friend. Special garage parking for the bikes was top notch. Even had special bike towels and a hose for washing. Just wished they had put a wash bucket out in garage. Rooms were ocean front and awesome. On site restaurant was a life saver on arrival in the rain. After riding in the rain we were not in a hurry to get back on the bikes so we dined in and never had to leave in the storm. I would recommend and will stay here again. We had 6 people in our party and had a 3BR corner unit. Everyone had privacy but still we had a common place to hang out for the same price as 3 separate motel rooms.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Rosa C,

Thank you so much for spending your bike week with us and letting us know how great of a time you had. We are also very happy to see that the bike parking was welcomed and that you got great use out of our bike wash. Thank you again for choosing the Avista Resort and hopefully we will get the chance to wow you for the fall rally.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Avista Resort. The rooms were very clean, well decorated, and we had plenty of room. They supplied everything we could've needed, dish soap, dishwasher detergent, pots & pans, dishes, glasses. All looked nice and clean. Beds were comfy and roomy. I felt like it was a great value for the price as well. Pools were nice, with an outdoor and indoor lazy river. The location was also great. It's toward the end kind of away from everything, but yet still close enough. There were 2 food stores right around the corner and also plenty of restaurants close by. The view was nice. We had a side view of the ocean, but it was a great view. The wrap around windows were really nice. The washer and dryer came in handy as well.

Room Tip: We had the 1 bedroom unit. It had 2 double beds, a double Murphy bed, and a pull out couch. 2 adul...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank reesa76

Dear reesa76,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us on your recent stay at the Avista Resort. We are happy to see that you had a great time and found everything you needed in our spacious well stocked condo. We hope that in the future you will choose the Avista Resort again and that we have the opportunity to serve you and yours.

Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Most times hotels advertise one thing but when you get there it's something totally different. I didn't wanna go home lol. I'll definitely be back. The hotel staff was very nice and efficient with our room requests. It was in walking distance to many of the food spots in the area and beach accessible which is what we wanted. My kids had a blast.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Yohanna A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay, we are thrilled to see that you had a great time and that everything was as you wanted it to be. I can assure you we didn't want you to leave us either, so we hope that in the future we have the opportunity to have you with us for a longer period.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

There are so many hotels/condos/resorts to choose from on the Grand Strand that travelers can be choosy because of the stiff competition. The Avista Resort is located in the livelier section of North Myrtle Beach so there are restaurants and shops within walking distance as well as the small pavillion area with rides for kids. I really liked my 1 bedroom oceanfront room. It was very large - big bedroom, bathroom ( with a combo large soaker tub & shower) and a decent sized combo living/dining area. They provided plenty of towels in bathroom and kitchen as very well stocked with utensils, pots and pans. The sofa is a sleeper and there is a pull out bed so even more people can share this 1 bedroom, but if you have extra people you should probably go with a 2 or 3 bedroom. The balcony was perfect. You could open the sliding glass doors and see the beach and pool area from the entire living/dining room. You can easily spend a lot of time on the balcony and feel part of the outside scene. The maids, front desk people, and restaurant workers were all very courteous and helpful. I paid for the breakfast buffet and it offered quite a bit of options. Avista offers lots of discounts for military, teachers, AARP, etc and I LOVE that! Honestly, you can't beat the price for a 1 bedroom oceanfront, balcony, free wifi, free parking and breakfast!!! I would def. stay here again.

Room Tip: Go with oceanfront instead of ocean view
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank LillyKate3
Zach F, Front Office Manager at Avista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear LillyKate3,

We very much appreciate you taking the time to post such a great detailed review. You are very correct that our spacious one bedroom condos provide amazing views and I too could sit on the balcony for hours enjoying the sights and sounds. We are also happy that you love our location as much as we do, within walking distance to everything you could need but also within a very short drive to all major roads and easy access to other great places along the grand strand. We look forward to you choosing the Avista Resort again in the future and having the chance to host you and yours again.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

The first time my husband and I stayed at the Avista was last year and it was absolutely perfect! Very nice vacation trip. We did not like the restaurant breakfast. This past week I took my daughter and her fiance as we had to make plans for their wedding at the beach next year. Overall, there were no problems. The main thing was I finally had to call the front desk to get the towels for the bathroom and to have the trash taken out. The front desk staff was very pleasant about it. The maids were also pleasant but I was informed that in order to have the room cleaned I needed to put the "maid service" sign on the door handle. I really thought this was a routine service that did not need to be requested. I would still stay at the Avista. Just don't go toward the end of the semester of colleges unless you want loud music and drinking everywhere.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Evelyn W,

Thank you for choosing the Avista Resort and congratulations to your daughter and fiance on their upcoming nuptials. We will be sure to let the director of housekeeping know about the troubles you had faced and will be sure that with added training you wont face the same issue again. We are happy to see that this wont deter you from staying with us again and we certainly look forward to the opportunity to make up for this previous stay.