“Great week”
Review of Avista Resort

Avista Resort
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed in a 2 bedroom condo. Great location in North Myrtle beach. Close to restaurants and food markets. The room we stayed in was recently renovated. Excellent service, great ocean view and clean rooms. Free internet Wi Fi. Free parking in private garage.

Room Tip: Most rooms have excellent ocean view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Herman B
Zach F, Front Office Manager at Avista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear Herman B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us here at the Avista Resort, We are all very happy to see that you enjoyed our fantastic location in North Myrtle Beach and the amazing views that our condos do offer. We hope that you continue to choose the Avista for all of your lodging needs on your future trips to the area and look forward to serving you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,342)

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Check in was a breeze with very courteous and help front desk staff. I had a one bedroom condo with a ocean view....and what a view. The condo was clean, bright and well appointed. The second day I had an issue with my passkey and after switching them out a couple of times, the lock on the door was immediately repaired. I also had an issue with the coffee maker which was again, switched out immediately.
The Avista is a comfortable, clean resort to vacation in. I imagine the summers are crazy but that is why I choose later in the season. I don't need the pools etc when there is 60 miles of sandy beach right outside the door.
The only draw back was having to cross Ocean Blvd to get to the car park. There are some drivers that don't understand that pedestrians have the right of way.
I would recommend the Avista to anyone and will certainly return.

Room Tip: 9th floor or above
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear L B,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay at the Avista Resort. We are very sorry to hear about the key card issues that you faced but do want to assure you that is certainly not a common occurrence but we are happy that the staff was accommodating and got everything fixed and working for you. We look forward to having you back with us again soon and having the chance to host you and yours.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here about 4-5 times! We have always loved it! This time our mattress was old and really needed a new one. The carpet is very old & needs replacing alone with the mattress! We have always stay in ocean front room but this time we got ocean view room was so much smaller will never stay on ocean view again! Ask if we could change room but said they were full! Then when we checkout I was telling the lady at desk about the mattress being so bad she said that they could have moved us! Next time we think we will try a different place! Spb

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Randey84,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your stay with us, we often use our guest comments as a tool to see what we are doing well but more importantly what we can improve upon. I was hoping that you would be able to contact me via email or telephone in regards to what unit you were in so that we can take a look at getting with the homeowner and possibly replacing the mattress or carpet. I also want to apologize about not being able to move you, I can assure you that the clerk that checked you out was trying to be as friendly and helpful as possible by stating that we could have done something but did not realize that you came down and tried and was not thinking about the fact that we were sold out of that unit type. I look forward to speaking with you soon and do hope you reconsider not returning in the future.

Warmest regards,

Zach Frazier
Front Office Manager
843-417-5511
zach.frazier@avistaresort.com

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This was my second trip to the Aista in a months time(which says a lot on its own).
The staff is courteous,friendly,and very accommodating.The rooms are awesome with all the comforts of home.The views from the balconies are just icing on the cake.

The inside,heated Lazy River,Pool,and Jacuzzi are amazing and open late to accommodate night owls.
Amazing resteraunt and lounge(with good food and beverages)Just round out the package.

You can believe each and every trip I take to North Myrtle Beach,the Avista Resort will be my destination.

Room Tip: If looking for a full featured 1 bedroom condo/suite try this.In the North Tower get a room number w...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MToddCarter
Zach F, Front Office Manager at Avista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Dear MToddCarter,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Avista Resort and writing a great review on your experience. We are very pleased to read about your great time and that our staff and amenities are able to continue to provide consistent first rate services. We look forward to your next visit and the chance to serve you again int he future.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

The staff was very nice, especially in the 1st floor restaurant. The rooms were clean and the relaxed atmosphere throughout the resort was wonderful. They have comfortable sitting areas all around the resort that make you want to sit, grab a good book and relax, and the décor is just beautiful. Even though I was there for business, I enjoyed it so much I decided to stay and extra day. They were very accommodating and I was able to stay without having to change rooms. I would highly recommend this hotel for business as well as pleasure!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Breanna H

Dear Breanna H,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to post a review on your visit to the Avista Resort. While we do take pride in being a family resort, we agree that we have everything needed for that business trip where you just need to unwind as well. We are very happy that everything was excellent for what you needed and that you decided to stay another day with us. We hope you decide to choose the Avista for the next time business brings you this way or when you just need to get away.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I came here with my boyfriend for our anniversary, we enjoy every min and we liked north myrtle beach, weather was alittle chilly, we didn't stop us from enjoying the beach. Their rooms are spotless and the gym was nice. staff was amazing

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stacey s

Dear stacey s,

Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to host you and your significant other for your anniversary. We are thrilled to see that you had a great time and that the staff was able to make an impression on you. We hope the special date was memorable and hope that we have the chance to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This hotel is the only hotel I will stay at every time I visit Myrtle Beach. I smiled my entire visit due to the personalized and friendly service from all employees. I had such a great experience with the servers in the restaurant which I visited for the breakfast buffet. I even exchanged hugs after every visit. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Kwatters3

Dear Kwatters3,

Thank you for taking the time to write a few comments on your stay at the Avista Resort, we are certainly honored to read how pleased and impressed you were with the staff. I can say that we very much pride ourselves on offering the best services in the area and truly believe that our staff is unmatched. Thank you again for choosing the Avista and we cant wait to see you again very soon.