We just returned from a 9 day stay at the Avista Resort and it was one of the best Myrtle Beach vacations we’ve ever had! This is our 2nd stay here and we highly recommend it to anyone! From our initial check-in when we arrived things started out great. The entire staff were very friendly and helpful, starting with Tim (yes, we remember his name bacause he really stood out!)that checked us in. His joking attitude was the perfect beginning to our trip! From the person that helped us unload and take the bags to our 2 rooms to the hard working housekeeping staff we constantly met in the hallways, they all made us feel welcome and appreciated.
I’ll admit, the parking in the garage directly across the street is a little tight, especially in a full size vehicle; but for those worried about it they also have a newly paved outdoor overflow parking lot as well next to the garage. They have both indoor and outdoor pools, lazy rivers and hot tubs with a large outdoor area around the pools with a bar. The young bartender working there was amazing to watch, working nonstop and keeping a positive attitude even with some rude guests. The ocean was just a walk across a couple of ramps with showers to clean the sand off when you returned. One day there was a DJ out by the pool to entertain and it was a lot of fun.
The rooms were large and comfortable with a perfect “beach” atmosphere. We enjoyed the balcony overlooking the pool and the view of the ocean. Our rooms also had a washer & dryer so we kept up on laundry and didn’t have to pack as much and a dishwasher, which was nice! I saw another review complaining about there not being a restroom by the pool, but that’s not the Avista’s fault – it’s actually a local health department code about no restrooms on ground floors, probably in case of storm flooding (I saw a couple signs explaining this in the pool area).
Overall we HIGHLY recommend the Avista Resort and are looking forward to another visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of North Myrtle Beach's newest oceanfront condominium resorts. Extraordinary features and architectural beauty combine to offer visitors the ultimate vacation experience. A condo to suit your every need and provide the finest experience possible; this is what differentiates between an average resort and the Avista Resort. As one of the first guests to have the opportunity to enjoy the experience of our new resort it will be our pleasure to serve you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Avista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Myrtle Beach
- Avista Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Avista North Myrtle Beach
- Avista Hotel n Myrtle Beach