My wife and I stayed at Avista August 18 - 24. This was our second visit to Avista and we were very happy with our accommodations and the service we received. We have booked through the hotel both times, and haven't encountered any issues. The location is great!
Check in on Sunday afternoon was easy and took all of 8 minutes. Since there was only the two of us, unpacking wasn't a big deal and we were in our room within 20 minutes of arriving.
We chose an ocean view "L" room. Even though it's only "ocean view", the actual view was great. We were on the 8th floor in the north tower. Granted, a higher floor would have provided a better view, but we were happy with what we had.
The room itself was very clean, appliances all worked and was more than large enough for us. The king bed was comfortable and the flatscreens worked well. The safe in our room wouldn't program properly, but maintanance came up and fixed it on Monday. Housekeeping was very good every day and always left lots of towels.
I'd like to take a moment to comment on some of the issues that others on Trip Advisor have noted...
Parking: We had no issue with the parking garage. Sure it's tight, but take your time, use the mirrors on the corners and you won't have any problem. The fact it's across the street may be an issue for some, but it didn't bother us.
Washer/Dryer: Last year, our unit had a stackable washer and dryer, which was very nice. This year, we had one of those combo units that everyone complains about...and with good reason. We tried to dry some beach towels and they came out damper than when they went in!
They should consider getting rid of the combo laundry units. They're useless, but again, for just two of us, it wasn't an issue. We never intended on doing laundry anyway.
Elevators: I believe the hotel was nearly full the week we were there and I think the longest we waited for an elevator was maybe 4 or 5 minutes, if that. We never had any issues with the elevators, but maybe we're just more patient than some folks!
Pool area: Yes, it was crowded, but the pools were clean. We spent most of time on the beach anyway.
Tree Top Lounge: A huge disappointment...DEAD!! This place has so much potential, but when we walked in for happy hour around 5pm, there were two gents at the bar and the bartender. She couldn't even tell us what the happy hour specials were, so we left. Avista should consider some local entertainment or something. If you're looking for a good happy hour, go to Coconuts next door.
Just Off Main: We had dinner here one night and had the Prime Rib special. It was ok, it wasn't "special", but the price was very reasonable. I think they could raise the price a bit and dress up the meals a bit. The cut of meat was a bit small. The staff and service were great.
All in all, we were very pleased once again. We're already looking at booking for next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of North Myrtle Beach's newest oceanfront condominium resorts. Extraordinary features and architectural beauty combine to offer visitors the ultimate vacation experience. A condo to suit your every need and provide the finest experience possible; this is what differentiates between an average resort and the Avista Resort. As one of the first guests to have the opportunity to enjoy the experience of our new resort it will be our pleasure to serve you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Avista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Myrtle Beach
- Avista Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Avista North Myrtle Beach
- Avista Hotel n Myrtle Beach