The Avista Resort saved my vacation! Literally! We had booked what was touted as a fantastic room at another resort in South Myrtle Beach that specialized in family vacations. We showed up and the area was more like Sturgis than Myrtle Beach. The room was a hole and the customer service couldn't have been worse. I quickly got our money back and got the heck out of there. It was suggested to me that we head up to North Myrtle Beach where it wasn't "dumpy". So, we did. North Myrtle Beach was much more calm, had it's own activities and was a very short drive to anything we may have wanted to do in South Myrtle Beach (which was nothing). We drove past Avista and gave them a call. They had a room/condo that was a little more expensive than what we had booked in SMB but the place had the ammenities we wanted so we went for it. Good move on our part!
Tip 1. - The front desk staff was very friendly and very accommodating. We booked over the phone while we were in the parking lot, went in to check in and asked for a higher floor. Other places would act put out but not Avista. Dea (yes, his name is DEA but pronounced Dee short for his real name) immediately looked and found us a room on the 16th floor with a balcony overlooking the ocean. The Avista is right on the ocean so I am pretty sure every room has this but the higher you get, the more breathtaking the view. I watched people coordinate all kinds of special requests at the check-in desk and no one had any attitude or said no. I also saw a couple tell Dea's co-worker they came because she was highly recommended to them by someone in their town. This staff was exceptional.
Tip 2 - The lounge has half price appetizers from 4-6 and they are very good. We fed 3 our kids a ton of food several times for $20. Kids aren't allowed in the lounge so you have to take it back up to your room but that was no problem.
Tip 3 - The rooms sleep MANY! Our room had 2 beds in the bedroom but also had a double murphy bed and a fold out double sofa bed.
Tip 4 - The washer/dryer works well but takes a whole day pretty much so don't expect a "quick" clean.
Tip 5 - The concierge is selling timeshare so use the front desk for questions. They have just as many answers. If you don't reserve but rent a room on the spot you won't get on the concierge call list. That was a good thing. He was nice but got a little snippy.
Tip 6 - If you are a family, stay here. With 2 lazy rivers, pools, 3 jacuzzis, large bathtubs, the ocean on property, the fully equipped kitchenettes, the friendly staff, inexpensive food, etc. Avista is the perfect choice when coming to the South Carolina coast. Fantastic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of North Myrtle Beach's newest oceanfront condominium resorts. Extraordinary features and architectural beauty combine to offer visitors the ultimate vacation experience. A condo to suit your every need and provide the finest experience possible; this is what differentiates between an average resort and the Avista Resort. As one of the first guests to have the opportunity to enjoy the experience of our new resort it will be our pleasure to serve you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Avista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Myrtle Beach
- Avista Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Avista North Myrtle Beach
- Avista Hotel n Myrtle Beach