“Loved this resort”

Avista Resort
wareham
“Loved this resort”
Reviewed November 30, 2007

My family and I just got back from our stay at the Avista resort from Nov 18th - Nov 22. I did a lot of investigating of the millions of hotels in NMB. Thank god that I booked at this resort. My husband and I have a timeshare in Lake Buena Vista in Florida and are used to staying at 5 star resorts. I was kind of nervous to book at a hotel with only 3 stars but there was no need to worry. Once I read all the reviews from other vacationers, I felt much better because there were not any bad reviews. I booked a 2 bedroom condo and it was absolutey beautiful. My husband and I stayed in one room with a king bed and my 14 year old daughter and mother stayed in the other room and each had a double bed to themselves. We had a gorgeous view from our balcony looking right at the ocean. What a way to wake up in the morning!! Many other hotels that I checked on had many complaints of dirty rooms and cockroaches. Our condo was very clean and had no insects of any kind. Housekeeping came in every day to tidy up, restock coffee and make the beds. The only downside was that the indoor jacuzzi was shut down for 2 days. I think that they were trying to regulate the amount of chlorine because the odor was so strong when you walked into the indoor pool area. But the weather was beautiful during our stay and we just used the outdoor jacuzzi instead. The check-in and check-out process was a piece of cake and the front desk staff were wonderful and very accommodating. Everybody in Myrtle Beach were so nice. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody especially for the affordability. With a AAA discount it only cost $68 a night. How can you beat that and stay at a wonderful resort right on the water. Avista Resort , keep up the great job!!!

• Liked — very clean
  • Disliked — very strong smell of chlorine in the indoor pool area
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank alyssa9499

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (620)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed November 23, 2007

My wife, daughter and I stayed at the Avista for three days over Thanksgiving. The resort was in great condition with exceptionally clean rooms and great ocean views. We had booked a one bedroom ocean view condo. The bedroom had two double beds and there was a sleeper sofa in the living room along with a pull down Murphy bed. Renting a condo is the way to go as we had a full frig, stove, microwave, pots, pans, and plates. Although we did not do any cooking in the room this trip, having a full kitchen would make a difference if we came back for a week during the summer. The hotel also has an indoor pool, lazy river, and jacuzzi that we took advantage of; the outside pools while still open were a little cold for our liking.

• Liked — full condo with kitchen, right on beach
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank ABfromLosAlamos
Pooler, Georgia
Reviewed November 13, 2007

Avista advertised as a brand new Oceanfront hotel, and had a great price, so i made me suspicious. They didn't lie. it is a great hotel. Everyone was courteous, The room was neat and clean, it was actually a one bedroom with a kitchen and a living room and a jacuzzi bath. Only thing i didn't like was there are no windows in the bedroom. But when i woke up and walked in the living room, and saw the ocean. From my eleventh floor room, the view is magnificent. I went to the pool and the lazy river, it might've been 35 degrees outside, but it was warm inside the pool area. The last place i stayed at in Myrtle Beach, Monterey Bay, the walk from your room to the indoor pool was outside and i remember freezing. Not here, it was all indoors. All my friends are making plans to stay at the Avista Resort when they go to Myrtle Beach. I didn't want to leave.

• Liked — the view
  • Disliked — the bedroom with no view
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
7 Thank melody2angel2
South Carolina
Reviewed November 12, 2007

This hotel was sooooo nice! It has vibrant colors and a hip decor!! Pool area is very nice! Prices in the late season are a DEAL!!!! For SURE the time to come to this hotel!!!!!!!!!!! It was just overall perfect!!! Had no problem with staff...they were all very polite! Housekeeping was on top of things and kept it looking great in the common areas and in the room!!! Wonderful restaurant on site! Nothing bad to say about this hotel!!! It was great! No regrets!!!

• Liked — the colors and just how pretty it was!!!! treuly awesome!
  • Disliked — wish i could have stayed even longer!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2005, traveled as a couple
8 Thank projectfoxtrot
North Carolina
Reviewed November 7, 2007

This place is wonderful! Was pleased upon arrival. Friendly Front Desk staff, gave us a room low-mid level, as I had requested. Room was spotless, and continued to be well maintained throughout our 4 day/3 nt stay. Also, listing of kitchen items is a great idea. We have stayed in other MB resorts that we were lucky if there were 2 forks, and 2 spoons, 3 odd plates, and 1 piece of cookware. Obviously folks steal, but this solves that issue.
Set up of the room was very good, and the size of the room (including bedroom and bathroom) were exceptional!
Staff was friendly all the way around.
Oceanfront view was very nice, and the location was perfect - close to stores, restaurants, etc., but not TOO close.
Only knock, the parking garage is a bit "tight" - our car is a compact, so no issue, but big SUV's might have it tough.
Used to stay in Myrtle Beach, vs. N. Myrtle Beach, but decided to try something different, so glad we did. Can't wait to return next month!

• Liked — Clean and comfortable!
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Saratoga7
JaneDoe27
Reviewed November 6, 2007

The room was really DIRTY. I had to put a blanket and some towels over the funiture before my family would even sit on them. The tub had HUGE HOLES in it from RUST and so did the medicine cabinet. There were COCKROACHES in the both the bedroom and bathroom, and who knows where else. The linoleum floor also had holes in from MILDEW and looked like itwas about to COLLAPSE thru at any minute. We were in an old building towards the rear known as Phase I. I tried to get my room changed but they said they had nothing available.

• Liked — CHECKING OUT
  • Disliked — ROACHES, RUST, DIRT, MILDEW!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank JaneDoe27
High Point NC
Reviewed November 2, 2007

We've been to the beach dozens of times and usually rent a condo but decided for just 2 of us to try the Avista resort hotel. The room was small but clean however almost stark in appearance. Concrete wallls, very plain, small furniture but adequate overall. However, we had to ask to check out once we discovered it was impossible to get near the pools. They have several very little pools all clustered together with bridges and things and a loud DJ yelling there but noplace to sit on a busy weekday much less the weekend. I mean NOPLACE! Chairs are squeezed together as tight as possible near the pools and the beach areas near the pool but its just a zoo. Much of it is a lazy river which you can usually get into if you want to get wet indoors but if you are going to the beach with any thought of EVER relaxing near the pool DON"T STAY at AVISTA!
The staff accomodate a move to the Grande Shores adequately but not easily and that place has a great pool but oh my gosh....what a rip off for a dingy older building at the price we paid. There were HUNDREDS..maybe thousands of children in the Avista hotel. I love kids but it was like where did so many preteens come from. Some of the kids looked like they were having fun. Not a place for adults to go relax.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — pool
  • Stayed July 2007
3 Thank dithxtn
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
The Prince Resort
The Prince Resort
#4 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,035 reviews
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,440 reviews
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,578 reviews
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard
#1 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach

Been to Avista Resort? Share your experiences!