“best room with excellent staff + amazing beach & eatery access” 4 of 5 stars

Hartford Motor Inn
Hartford Motor Inn
Ranked #37 of 54 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Ashville, New York
“best room with excellent staff + amazing beach & eatery access”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

THIS small enterprise offered extremely updated clean unit at an amazing price . We visited in the off season for them but it was an on target seasonal value with amazing offerings. We enjoyed easy access daily peir affordable fishing supported by easily accessed local grocery and supply stores. The nearby local eateries were always available and supplied everything from miraculous seafood platters to unsurpassed grits. Look forward to next visit Worth the out of season or for any reason visit. ty ALLEN

Room Tip: room near beach on top level was good for us
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank allen w

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
East Bend, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! We stayed at the Hartford over Labor Day weekend. We just wanted an end of summer trip to the beach. I love to cook while on vacation, but the kitchen was so nasty that we were not about to cook anything. Everything was nasty. The floor had not been mopped in ages, as after coming out of the shower and walking our feet were nasty. We had to keep our shoes on at all times. We were never left enough towels for six people, I had to go about a block up to the office to ask for more. There were no phones in our room either and the main building and office are about a block up which is also where the pool is. Our first night there, we arrived around 11:00 and we had told them that we would be arriving late. Our room had 2 beds and a sleeper sofa which we had no sheets for. We had to call the emergency number and after waiting for about an hour we finally got our sheets, except they did not fit. We had to call back and they had to bring us more sheets. needless to say it was late when we finally got my 3 year old granddaughter to bed and we were all tired. I will never stay here again. Although we as a family had a good time, I did not feel that I could relax in the room. The carpet was coming up and the cabinets and doors were coming apart. I didnt want to be in it, but I had paid for all four nights and there is no refund and I couldnt really afford to lose the money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Robin S

Travelers are raving about these North Myrtle Beach hotels

Cape Carteret, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We booked a 2 bedroom oceanfront room. Upon arrival, the first thing we noticed was the smell of mold. The door to our room was hanging on to one hindge. Also, the room we were given was not attached to the main motel building, but instead across the street. Even though the receptionist offered us another room, it was equally horrible.We could not stay, so the receptionist offered a refund. It was very diffricult to find somewhere to stay in Myrtle Beach at 2:00 PM on a saturday not to mention I had to wait several days for the money to be put back into my account, REALLY inconvient. This motel is extremely old and to be honest, Im surprised the health department has not closed it down.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank C0astalCar0linaGirl
Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

The motor lodge was so pleasant, pool was refreshing and just a quiet street crossing to the beach. No crowds, just lots of relaxing fun. I took my 14 year old granddaughter and we had such a good relaxing connection with this area. Kayaking the inlet, walking to the point and of course swimming in the ocean. We drove over to NC and swam in the ocean at Sunset Beach. Totally different from the SC side, but both beaches were clean and not crowded. Can't wait to stay here again. My now favorite place at the SC coast. Oh and you can't beat the price about $150 less then any place else. Gave us more $$$ to spend on eating good seafood.

Room Tip: The rooms with the kitchen are nice. Also I was in 213, and you could step out on the 2nd floor bree...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank kharr481
statesville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

its a clean friendly inn. not a 4 star motel but very affordable place close to the beach. and the pool is well maintained. if you have kids they will love it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank StatesvilleMark
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I have had the pleasure stay several weeks at a time at this Inn. It is affordable, everyone is so nice and helpful. The rooms are clean. I felt very safe there being I was by myself and the staff were just so kind. My ocean view was to die for. Only steps away from the beach. No it is not the Taj Mahal but they make you feel like you are a king or queen for the short time of your stay. If you are real people who are on a budget but want the treatment and views of Royalty this is the place for you. Times are difficult for some but this place seems to make it like it was when a family could take a vacation together without going broke the rest of the year. A time family can spend together and make memories with each other . New families on strict budget that want to start new memories. Enjoy your stay at the Hartford Motor Inn.

Room Tip: WiFI available
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank gladys o
kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

I started to Google affordable resorts online , since my wife and I decided to get away. The Hartford Motor Inn popped up. It looked nice and was very affordable, So we called and booked a week . Well let me tell you, are stay there was just wonderful . The people there where so nice. The room was very big for the money , witch i was a little concerned being there was four of us . It was very clean, and very comfortable. Anything we need they where wright on it .I could not find out haw to get the DVD player working , When The guy came to the door he had a brand new one in the box , man that was great! The women at the front desk always had great ideas for us going out for dinner , activities , and was very helpful. All and all we had a great time. Im definitely bringing the family back next year . I defiantly
recamend it!

Thanks Hartford, for your Hospitality !!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Sea Cabin Condominiums
Sea Cabin Condominiums
#27 of 40 in North Myrtle Beach
3.5 of 5 stars 8 reviews

Been to Hartford Motor Inn? Share your experiences!