“Wonderful Place”
Review of Castaway Beach Inn

Castaway Beach Inn
Ranked #17 of 52 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Reviewed September 8, 2010

I loved this motel.It was a nice quite place to stay. Family owned and wonderful. It was clean and cozy. the maids came by to clean every morning by 9am. The pool was cleaned every morning and the view from our room was great. This is a great place to stay with family. I really enjoyed my stay and will be back very soon. If you want to be in the middle of the crowds and all the attractions this is not the place for you. It is in the North end so to get to most attractions and great eating places you have to drive a little. .My husband and I decided that we did not mind the driving as long as we had a nice cozy,clean place to stay. I will be back very soon.. Thanks for making my labor day weekend great...

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank abatts
There are newer reviews for Castaway Beach Inn

Reviewed August 13, 2010

i am writing this review about this motel not based on the fact that i stayed there but on the fact of the rate quote i was given i rec,d other quotes near the motel by the sea and all of them charged 12 percent tax on the room when this motel gave me a quote the tax for there rate was just a little over 22 percent i am writing this to let people beware of this place so they don,t scam you for more tax than they need to charge

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
6  Thank jamer66
Reviewed July 11, 2010

I do not understand all of the negative reviews for this motel unless like myself, they don't want other people to know about this little place. We had never stayed here before and decided to take a chance this past weekend despite the negative reviews. No, this is not a Ritz Carlton or even a Marriott, and it is an older property. However, the rooms were extremely clean, the AC worked well, the beds were comfortable, the pools were clean and it is oceanfront. In addition, the front desk clerks were among the nicest I have ever encountered. I have paid double the money at other motels that could not even compare to this one. Talked to several other people staying here too and specifically asked if they liked the motel; all said it was more than adequate. If you are looking for a clean, affordable motel then you will not regret staying here. If you are looking for luxury lodging, then keep on trucking and spend several hundred dollars a night!

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank cindyj2
Reviewed July 26, 2009

I would just like to say after reading the reviews I was a little suprised!! My husband and I have stayed in this hotel for 2 years now and are planning a third stay. Everything to us was very clean, the day we arrived we had to wait a little while on our room because they were cleaning it and the ladies done an awesome job!! Way to go!! Very polite and such nice people to do business with we will see you next year!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2009

I stayed at by the sea on July 3rd and 4th and left on the fifth with my 12 year old her 13 year old friend my 20 month old toddler and my husband. We had read all the bad reviews before we booked but decided to take our chances. Check in was easy the front desk was helpful. Our room was very clean and the best part was that it was right in front of the pool which was great because I felt comfortable letting the kids play in the pool while I was in the room because I could just look outside and see that they were okay. The lazy river was great my 20 month old fell asleep while on it. The maid service was great also. We had a really good time and I definitly do not think it is bad like others made it out. I also talked to a lady that said she stayed there every summer for rour years and has never had a bad experience.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank hanandlanesmommy
Reviewed June 20, 2009

this place is absolutely horrible.we were covered in bug bites, all over. not even sure what we were being bit by. assuming bed bugs since the beds were about 30 years old. the towels are about as old. they are thin and rough. not good on sun burnt skin. the lazy river is ok if there are 2-3 people in it, other than that no room to move. we would have been better off sleepin in our vehicle or on the beach, since our bed had as much sand in it as the beach. sheets were never changed.

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed August 1, 2008

The pictures online were very misleading to say the least;
When we arrived at our room there were several things we noticed,one after the other. A strange musty, mildewy smell, the A/C was not working, several lights did not work..One mattress was ok the other needed replacing. The room was not clean and to make matters worse,a little critter ran across the kitchenette floor when we turned on the light; so we headed back to the office & told them . We were told no refunds! no exceptions! They were very quick about taking my money for a very shoddy room. Please do not stay here. ever! You would be more comfortable sleeping in your car, I assure you.
PS: We never even made it to the pool, Thank God!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)