“Wonderful place to visit”
Review of Castaway Beach Inn

Castaway Beach Inn
Ranked #18 of 52 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Reviewed April 10, 2006

My husband and I visited By the Sea for the second time March 23 till April 2. This little motel right on the ocean is the best. Due to family illness we were not able to know in advance how long we would be staying. The Patterson’s were fantastic in working with us. We were able to be on a day to day basis. This motel may not have all the bells and whistles of the BIG condos but we loved the homey atmosphere. My husband and I love to walk on the beach and watch the waves. If we could, we would move there permanently. We are planning on it in a couple of years. We are going back hopefully within a few months.

3  Thank dine56

Kodak, TN
Reviewed October 23, 2005

My mom and I took my two small children to the beach. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The maid service was good. I like going directly to the beach from the poolside. Not a long walk to take toys and chairs. I also liked the kiddy area in the pool, and the lazy river ride. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
LaFollette, Tennessee
Reviewed September 28, 2005

This is the worst place in North Myrtle Beach to stay. The people are rude, and what thier websites says don't expect. The pools were small, and the websites says they have rollaway beds they don't. They also say that all rooms are ocean front, this isn't true either. Our room was old, the sink leaked,and we didn't even have ocean view let alone ocean front. We will never stay here again and I would advise you not to also.

• Stayed: September 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Parkersburg, WV
Reviewed July 16, 2005

I loved this place. The staff is very friendly and they keep their establishment clean. I also like the way they "patrol" the area. My family and I felt very safe. I am booking next year's trip and I plan to bring more family with me!

• Stayed: July 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Louisville,Ne.
Reviewed October 4, 2004

We went to see my very ill father in N Carolina in Sept.And then took our sons down to see N Myrtle Beach(the place dad loved sooo much).
I just wanted to be there and our two youngest(of 5) had never seen the ocean.We only had two nights there and found "By the Sea" our last night.We wish we'd have found it first. Affordable,nice hotel,nice people,and clean.
We have decided to head back to the beach next Sept. Stay 5-6 nights and will definitely check availibility at "By the Sea" first. They do a great job.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Roxboro,NC
Reviewed September 16, 2004

I have stayed at the By The Sea Motel sevral times and have enjoy the stay! Great rates and Great service!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 21, 2004

My familyand I just returned from a stay at By The Sea. This was our first stay here. When we first pulled up I got a little worried because the exterior facing the road needed some minor work. The staff was extremely friendly at check in, during our stay, and during check out. When we entered the room it was very spacious and well suited for a family of four. I selected the efficiency to save a little money on dining. The room had a nice stove, sink, refrigerator, coffee pot, microwave, and dishes. The bathroom was huge for a hotel bathroom. The room had two great full sized beds and a love seat that pulled out into a bed. The balconies for the oceanfront rooms were private and very nice. The bottom floor balconies opened to the pool area. There was also a small lazy river ride on-site. There was also direct access to the ocean from the pool area. Really the only fault I had was with the parking. While we were there the hotel was full and the parking was a little tight but overall this hotel was excellent for only $109 a night during peak season for an oceanfront efficiency. They have a website at

• Stayed: July 2004