Beach Cove Resort
Rodeway Inn(North Myrtle Beach)
$71
RodewayInn
Avista Resort(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$145
Quality Inn & Suites(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$105
The Prince Resort(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$93
Seaside(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$115
Edgewater Inn(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$118
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$174
$129
Harbourgate Resort & Marina, Oceana Resorts(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$94
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort(North Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$110
$72
Travelocity
1,864 results
All reviewsbarefoot landingtower blazy riverpool areaocean frontone bedroom suiteparking garagefull size fridgepools and hot tubshouse of blueshousekeeping staffoff seasonexercise roompools were nicespring breakliving areaeasy access to the beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 29, 2008

The resort rooms badly need to be upgraded and I I found it was shabby. The sofa was very worn and the bath was not in very good shape.
The wireless internet connection was very poor. I did find the view from my balcony was great.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 19, 2008

After reading reviews (mixed but more positive than not) on Trip Advisor, I thought we would try this resort. We usually stay in a condo but were going at the last minute and decided to give the kids a "resort" experience. We booked an executive suite since we were only staying 4 nights and could manage with an "efficiency" kitchen instead of a full kitchen. Only problem at check in is they did not have our deposit listed and tried to charge full price. Resolved.
Upon entering the room, I was impressed with the size of the bedroom area... MUCH bigger than the living area. Big stain on carpet in front of bed and open window only had shutters that did not meet. Not good for privacy with 2 televisions.
The living room sofa was a shambles... middle seat was showing stuffing and had oily stains all over it. When you sat on it, you sank in and sat on the metal bars of the sofa bed. We were going to use the sofa bed for our boys but after seeing it, I threw on a sheet and dared them to sit on it without the sheet covering it.
The bathroom was severely dated... tile was so chipped I couldn't tell if it was clean or not. Vanity was chipped.. sinks and shower drained slowly... couldn't get the sand out of the shower all week due to this.
After finding long black hairs on the toilet and floor, I asked the maid (a young Greek (?) boy with little english to sweep again that day. One day he had left our rugs from showering in the middle of the floor, one day we had no towels at 3 PM in the afternoon but room had been "cleaned". Never once vacuumed our room or living room. NOT what I was accustomed to in a resort hotel. .
Only positive , A tower did not get morning sun so you could sit on balconey and had pretty good view. Also, pools and whirlpool were fairly nice... lazy river pretty small.
Need to "reserve" a seat at the pool about 8:30 am to get most lounge chairs even though signs posted saying you aren't supposed to reserve chairs. We could see people at this time "rushing" the pool to reserve. We just went to the pools late in the day.
I have stayed at other hotels in Myrtle Beach and had a much better experience... hate to think this is what all the resorts are like for over $200 a night... one bedroom and one living room and efficiency kitchen for that price and this quality.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 9, 2008

Arrived early on the 4th of July and was unable to check in early but was given a FREE upgrade to a SMOKING 2 Bedroom Suite. My husband and I are both smokers so it was a Major PLUS for US!!! We were given access to the vibrant pool area and beautiful beach which was buzzing with activity. Upon entering our room we were "BLOWN AWAY" by the amazing oceanfront view and the sound of the waves hitting the shore.

The room was immaculate. The first room had 2 Double beds with its own bath and the second room had a King bed with its own bath as well. The kitchen was stocked with utensils, cups and plates. A dishwasher to boot. A washer and dryer were in the room as well, which we took advantage of on our last night. The Flat screen T.V.s' with DVD and VCR combo in each room and living room came in handy with nothing on TV during the holiday weekend. The view of the beach was perfect. We were able to see up and down the beach as well as the the lazy river, pool and a bit of the pool bar area.

Our room included FREE hot breakfast every morning but it had its moments. The first morning all the meat was overcooked but the eggs, fruit and potatoes made up for it. The second morning we were presented with a different variety of food which was much better. We also had room service which was fast and tasty.

The hotel is accessible to various restaurants, shopping and nightlife. BareFoot Landing and the Alabama Theatre are in walking distance. We drove a few blocks to The Alligator Adventure and Ripley's Aquarium which are "must see attractions". We also ate at Joe's Crab Shack "REAL GOOD EATS" at Broadway on the Beach and were able to feed the fishes along the boardwalk.

For nightlife check out Broadway on the Beach's Celebrity Square. Malibu's is the HOT SPOT, 4 clubs in one!!!

The hotel was a DREAM COME TRUE and we'll will return anyday of the week!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NY_Road_Warriors
Reviewed July 7, 2008

I have to say that overall, we had a great vacation. Eight of us went - Me, my hubby, my two boys (ages 2 and 5), my parents, and my brothers (ages 10 and 18). We shared a 2 bedroom, 2 bath ocean front room. The best part about the hotel is the pools and poolscape - very nice and very pretty - many great photo opportunities amongst a tropical landscape. Overall, the hotel was pretty good with a few complaints. I will try to objectively give you the pros and cons of the hotel.

Pros:

Pools, hot tubs, outdoor landscaping, free breakfast (very good), good parking, nice location, pool bar, live music almost every day

Cons:

carpeting, elevator issues, C-Tower not as pretty of a view, long check-in wait time, missing remote control, went 3 days with only 2 washrags and dirty towels (with 8 people in our room).

The carpet in our room (#503) was very dirty. Our feet or socks were literally BLACK within minutes of walking on them. I'm not really sure where the black was coming from. In my own home, after days of not running the sweeper, you can tend to get a little bit of a dirt colored light brown look to the bottoms of your socks, but NEVER BLACK. Makes me wonder if it's like mold or something. I cringed everytime my two young children played on the floor. Everyone wore sandals or socks in the room the whole week.

The underneath of the pulllout sofa mattress had some rust-colored stains. I am hoping it was rust and not blood. The frame of the sofa was a little rusty.

The hotel had some issues with elevators not working. Staff told me that a lady got stranded in and elevator between floors with her infant for and hour.

We had to wait 45 minutes in line to check in. Not a huge deal, but could have been avoided with more staff. (Only 2 were at check in at 4 p.m. which was check-in time). Staff were nice, friendly, and helpful though.

The remote control to the living room TV was missing. Maintanence came and began to get us one. Then, fire alarms sounded, everyone evacuated the building. After a few minutes, we got the all clear, but never did get a remote control.

I know all of this sounds kind of bad, but it really wasn't horrible. With a few minor adjustments (mostly a good carpet cleaning), things would have been fine. I do think it was a bit pricey considering the dirtiness of the place. I would have expected things to be cleaner - even for a beach hotel. I would probably return to this hotel - if I was paying a cheaper rate. If it weren't for the carpets, I would have totally recommended the place to family and friends.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2008

This is a true "resort", with beautiful grounds, great beach access, great rooms, good staff. i think the prices are reasonable for what you get here. I really dont think that we could have done any better in North Myrtle Beach. We walked up and done the beach several times and we saw no locations that we would have preffered over this one. Some of the things that I found outstanding:
__ comp. beach towels for use at the pool and beach area that you just pick up and use and then return to the lobby area ***A real NICE PLUS for any resort.
---- 3 boardwalks to the beach EACH with water rinse stations to wash of the sand before returning to the pool areas.
---- MANY, MANY pool lounge chairs. This is a huge PLUS, as we were never at a loose for lounge chairs around the pools.
----- Very nice gift shop , with quality items for a regular reasonable price.
----- Parking garage
-----HOUSEKEEPING each and every day for the condo that your rent !!!!!!
---- Spacious decks.
---- Very organized and CLEAN grounds !!!!
---- many pools, kiddy pools, hot tubs, AND a lazy river for the kids ( they loved it all week long)

The only thing that they might have done better was to have the kitchen outfitted better with cooking supplies such as: pots and pans, and oven cooking sheets, cooking utensils etc.

Also, the Tiki Bar that is located on the beautiful pool grounds is nice but, they should have LOWER prices !!! The costs of a beer or frozen drinks was too HIGH. I know this is somewhat common for all resort bars, but If the costs were a bit less , we would have probably purchased many more of them making it more enjoyable for us. They need to lower the prices to a point that they still make that massive proffit on each drink , but allow the reg. person to enjoy drinks at the pool

----