“Beach Cove Resort”
Review of Beach Cove Resort

Beach Cove Resort
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Room was nice. Elevator service was actually above average but customer service was excellent. The only drawback was the beach. I normally rent an umbrella and two chairs for the week. When I initially talked with the renter I asked about the personal umbrellas that were in front of the rentals and was told that North Myrtle allows personal umbrellas to be put in front of the rentals (Myrtle Beach does not). I could not see spending $150 for the week and having someone stick an umbrella right in front of us. Glad we brought our beach chairs from Ohio. We just parked in front of the rentals and saved $150.

Room Tip: Book early; I booked my July vacation in February. It also saved me some $$.
3  Thank Reed B

Reviewed July 19, 2013

That’s what I told them at checkout. I felt like an idiot now after talking this place up to my girlfriend. I’ve stayed here over the years when I’ve come down to see shows at the HOB so she booked us a room for my birthday. We got to our room after the show around 12am. It was a little musky in the room. We immediately went down to the beach, as I had bragged about the location of the hotel. As we were walking down to the beach, we passed tables with empty soda bottles etc on them. No big deal I thought at first. As we get onto the beach, it got even worse, cigarettes and beer cans here and there, a guy passed out on the beach... It immediately became obvious that no one was monitoring the grounds of the hotel.
The inside of the room wasn’t any better: “something” stains on the walls, worn out and stained couch, dented and rusty fridge, wallpaper peeling away and poorly patched, a dust ridden plant, webs throughout on the ceiling, vents dripping with water (one with more than acceptable dust and dirt in it above the beds) and what looked like a blood stain on the comforter. We would’ve been out of the hotel even faster in the morning but it took 20-30 mins to get an elevator. As a rental property owner myself, I found the condition of our room was unacceptable. It looked more like something you’d expect from a privately owned and rented room at a $29 a night spot, not a $200+ a night hotel. Gross!!
If we had been staying longer than one night, I would’ve got my money back and gone down the street. I have lots of pics. I’ll post what I can. This will also be sent to their office.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Derek M
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is an amazing resort. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Will definately stay here again. The beds were a little hard but decent. Linens smelled fresh. The location is great. The pools are very clean and cleaned daily. No sand at the bottom. The staff is top knotch. Very kind and helpful. The elevators are a little slow but to be expected with the size of this resort. Parking decks were nice. The rooms have everything you would need to make a meal. Very organized and clean. The housekeeping staff are the best I have ever seen at the beach period.

1  Thank Sunshine83_13
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for last 2 years very friendly staff clean great pools clean great ocean distance. Quit! No bar on site and gift shop closes @ 6. Elevator is very slow in c tower but the place is worth the price. Love it here!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Cheri P
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I just returned from a week at Beach Cove. I agonized over where to stay, and have a habit of always reading the BAD reviews first. I drove myself crazy searching reviews for hours, days. I finally landed on Beach Cove, the price was great and it seemed to have the least bad reviews.
So glad we stayed here. The room was very nice, not over the top luxury, but nicely laid out, clean, up-to-date and big. The setup was really very nice. We stayed in the Oceanfront One Bedroom Executive Suite. This room accommodated 4 people very well. If you are going crazy looking for a place to stay, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms have sink, stove, and fridge.
2  Thank JaneJane123
Reviewed July 15, 2013

nice clean rooms, carpet a little old, staff ok, pools really nice lazy river bigger than expected, beach front nice, free parking in garage, very close to some attractions, 15 to 20 miles to others
decent breakfast buffet, beach not to crowded, really enjoyed my stay.

2  Thank Brian C
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I just got back from vacation here and overall it was pretty good! The rooms were average, the downfall was we had a half kitchen, not a full one. There were some minor things that needed repaired. The pools were so clean!! While I was swimming there was someone in the pool scrubbing the sides and cleaning. Security is always walking around the poor area making sure no one was saving seats and all were wearing their wristbands. The service was pretty darn good! Me and my mom would go for walks in the morning and when we would come in the maids would always say hi and were always very kind! Enough pools for everyone to enjoy and fun activities are planned daily for the kids!

• Stayed: July 2013