Message from TripAdvisor:

Beach Cove Resort
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“delightful!!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This was our first time here & we enjoyed every bit of our stay. The rooms were clean & very comfortable.The whole area is maintained beautifully,multiple pools & the beach are also kept very clean,would definitely return!!

Room Tip: all rooms have balconies & are oceanfront we found it very relaxing. The location is great for...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
Statesville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We usually stay at Beach Cove twice a year. We love the landscaping of the pool areas the clean rooms and the fact that all rooms are ocean front and the friendly staff from housekeeping to the front desk. We have tried other places but always go back to Beach Cove. If we had the money we would love to have a condo there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Blacksburg, Virginia, United States
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This was my second stay at the Beach Cove this year. On both occasions my trip was centered around attending a show at The House of Blues Myrtle Beach. (Buddy Guy in march. The Black Crowes in May) So, I mostly chose the Beach Cove Resort for it's location. It is close to many attractions and good restaurants especially Barefoot Landing and is still within a short drive to the more touristy part of Myrtle Beach. The view of the ocean is excellent from the room balcony. The beach is more or less private and very well kept. The numerous pools and hot tubs are nice. As far as the room, the first time I stayed the room was excellent. On my second stay, not quite as nice (A little worn and the lay out was kind of funky), but clean and worth the price. As far as the restaurants on premises, the breakfast buffet at the Tradewinds is decent and convenient (the staff is very friendly). The other restaurant and lounge never seem to be open? The seasonal bar at the pool was a little disappointing as the bartender was very rude. Overall, the positives far out weight the negatives, especially for the price. I am planning on another trip to N. Myrtle for another show at the House of Blues in August, but will not be able to stay at the Beach Cove as it is already booked up for my needed dates...I would have stayed there again for sure. So if you are looking for a economical, convenient place to stay in N. Myrtle, I recommend the Beach Cove Resort...just don't expect all the bells and whistles.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms in tower A not facing the pool give the best views of the ocean, beach, and the be...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hookett, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I chose to stay here for our first vacation in 6 years. The room was excellent - sure the linens could be updated but that was a small price to pay for our room. {Hint - the rooms are rated so see if an A room is available when you book}. Ours had a brand new kitchen including TV, and a bathroom with his/hers sinks. The bed was very comfortable and clean. The view was beautiful, but I can see where it may not be as good from a lower level. The pools were pools, but I loved the Tiki Bar. The bartender Ken knew me by name the second day and made me my drink without me even having to ask. The breakfast buffet was a little overpriced but good all the same. There are lots of shops and restaurants "1/2 mile that way" that turned out to be great. Wet Willies in particular was an awesome find.

There were only 2 downsides to our stay. One was the price of housekeeping, which I ended up declining. The other was the 'airport shuttle service' which is supposed to pick you up and drop you off as long as you give them 24 hours notice. We ended up waiting at the airport and eventually got a taxi to the hotel. When I tried to arrange a ride back to the airport - I was told it was only from 9-5, something that wasn't posted when we made our reservations nor when we asked for a pickup from the airport. When I pointed this out to them, the front desk agent was very nice and said she would see what she could do. I was then left a voicemail stating that the GM refused to accomidate us. In total we paid 150 for taxi rides there and back.

All in all I would stay here again, although next time I'll grab a car at the airport.

Room Tip: When making your reservation - ask what rating the room they offer you is. They are rated from A to...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed may 4/2013 and had stayed 5 yrs previous I could not see any updating same decor we had black mold in the bathroom,the frig door handle was broken..everything just looked old and worn kinda dirty feeling but the view was great,just kept my eye on that...everyone was nice ..just a shame w/such a fantastic great view and location .This should be a five star hotel but needs major renovations and updating..will not stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Great, clean, and fun place to stay. The staff were friendly and helpful and the entire establishment was very clean and well kept. The noise level was very minimal in and around the resort. The beach area is peaceful and relaxing. We will definitely return to Beach Cove Resort.

• Stayed May 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed for 4 days in early May. It was a great value. We reserved their spring deal. The room was clean and well appointed. It is not a $500 a night resort, but it was more than enough for two adults and a 2 year old. The beds were comfy, the wifi worked very well, and we loved the pools. The fact that it is on the beach was a big reason we chose this place. We like to leave the door open and listen to the waves. Housekeeping was wonderful, they stopped in to make sure we were good and happily gave out extra towels. Our son loved it too. We did not use the restaurant or bar, but it is perfectly situated to drive most anywhere in Myrtle or North Myrtle for food, or fun.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are ocean front and facing. We stayed on the top floor and had a wonderful view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
The Prince Resort
#4 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,035 reviews
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
#2 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,578 reviews

Been to Beach Cove Resort? Share your experiences!