Message from TripAdvisor:

Review of Beach Cove Resort

Leesburg, Virginia, United States
“A Great Family Resort”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Facilities are clean and staff helpful. Plenty of pools, huge game room, coffee shop. Rooms being renovated. Great location and beach not a far walk. Nearby attractions include Barefoot Landing with great shopping and restraurants.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
BCGManager, Front Office Manager at Beach Cove Resort, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay. Beach Cove Resort is in a great location, with a plethora of entertainment and dinning just minutes away. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Beach Cove Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We have stayed at Beach Cove numerous times over the pas tfour years -- so many, if fact, we decided we wanted to be a part of the property. We purchased an efficiency condo about a year ago and love owning at Beach Cove!! There are three swimming pools, a lazy river and three hot tubs -- PLUS the ocean, complete with a beautiful wide and clean beach!! Beach Cove is within easy walking distance of Barefoot Landing, Alabama Theater, and, if you want to eat off the property, numerous excellent restaurants. Beach Condo is CLEAN, well-maintained, and the staff goes out of its way to be of service and attend to our requests.

Don't hesitate to make reservations for Beach Cove -- as a solo, with family or friends, as couples, or for business. You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter, and corner suites are large and sunny. All rooms have good vie...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jan H
Wow, liked the resort so much that you bought a condo here. It is excellent to hear that you have decided to join the Beach Cove family. Thank you for taking the time to comment and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Georgia
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I found my experience at Beach Cove Resort to be most enjoyable and very economical. I got a "Manager's Special" rate and it was really a good deal. I went with myself and three other ladies on a "girls weekend getaway" and was pleasantly surprised. I have never stayed much on the north end of Myrtle before but I have to say it is much quieter and less crowded than south Myrtle. I found the Beach Cove online with tripadvisor. I have done many reviews myself and I find that with Tripadvisor the reviews tend to be highly acurate. I did see several negative reviews but you have to weigh the good with the bad sometimes and decide for yourself. It is well suited for families, couples and friends..most teens would prefer the hussle and bustle of Boardwalk in south Myrtle but older adults and families with smaller children will really like it. There are a couple of smaller condos and a big new resort next door but the privacy of the beach area was great since you weren't packed side by side with all the other hotels and it was nice to have a beach area pretty much contained in front of the resort. The location was great...had a Cracker Barrell right at the end of our road.loove it......Straight shot across at red light for Barefoot landing....Preston's Seafood close by as were a dozen other seafood places...... a personal fav place for all you can eat crablegs...very fresh...and keep em' comin'.... Belks and the mall not far.....Pirate Adventure dinner theatre and Carolina Opry ..great attactions and very close by.....plenty to see and do everywhere....

Okay..I will give you the "411" on the Beach Cove from start to finish..mostly Good....nothing really Bad...nothing Ugly....

GOOD.....We headed to North Myrtle Beach via Hwy. 22, it the best , quickest way and most convenient route to North Myrtle Beach. FYI.... be sure if you are going that way that your gas is NOT sitting on empty before you get on. For approx. 30 something miles there are NO gas stations anywhere in sight on the road...no nothing! If you run out it would be a most Incovenient walk to the nearest gas station or at least a "white knuckle" experience if you are running real low! They do have exits off along the way, but you would have to drive several miles either direction to find a gas or convenience station along this road....the good thing about this highway is it is a nonstop drive to north Myrtle with no traffic lights to stop at every mile or so and the rod ends in front of the Tanger Outlet Stores, Walmart store and their are grocery stores on your way in to the Beach Cove Resort..we found the BILO at the beach to be an excellent place to stock up and it was less than 1 1/2 miles from the resort.... so it is convenient to be able to stop on your way in for beach supplies, groceries, gas, etc. before you arrive at Beach Cove Resort.
Upon arrival at the resort the buildings are a big V shape and the entrance is pretty small...not alot of room for a bunch of cars loading and unloading but we didn't have any problems. I walked in the lobby and was greeted at the front desk with a friendly smile and a nice welcome. We arrived well before check in and I was really surprised to find that our room was ready so we did not have to wait for check-in and that starts a vacation off right in my book! There were plenty of carts available to unload a "packed to the gills" Honda with four ladies and all our groceries we picked up on the way in..better to unload and go back to store if you have time too. I parked the car while the other ladies took our stuff up. Parking deck is mostly covered with only the top deck in the open so it is nice to have covered parking to protect your car from the weather. Kudos to the tripadvisor person that recommended parking on the third level as there is a nice ramp going over into the resort..no steps and made it easy to roll some of our stuff to the elevators that are just inside the hallway...and you didn't have to wait in a crowd to get on the elevator. Only down side to coming and going on the 3rd floor parking deck is it is not covered between the building and if it's raining you would get wet, otherwise convenient and less crowded to get on the elevator than in the lobby area. We stayed in room 915...also it was recommended to stay above the fifth floor so that your beach view was unobstructed. Got to the room....layout was the most unusual one I have ever stayed in. NOT BAD......Upon entry, the bathroom is immediately to the right. It has double sinks..great for 2 or more people to be able to use. The shower stall area is in need of an update as the shower head was leaky and was wobbly when you adjusted the spray and the celing tile and metal supports are a bit rusty and are in need of replacement...not a biggy but definately needs updating..but functional and ok.. We had a one bedroom unit..the bedroom was right beside the bathroom . The bedroom has two queen beds..a dresser, closet with a safe inside, had a shell shapoed mirror over a side table and a there was a floor to ceiling mirror on the far wall which was nice to be able to check your appearance head to toe..we women like that! There were bifold shutters on the end of the bedroom and it opened overlooking the living room/kitchen area..unusual but gave you a connected and open feel and was nice to be able to chat with the girls from the bedroom... and it was nice when we accidently locked ourselves out of the bedroom to be able to climb thru to unlock the door! Only down side is that the bifold shutters open into the bedroom and kind of are in the way of the 2nd queen bed right beside it on that end of the room and if you leave them open then you might hit your head getting out of bed and run into the other one at the end of the bed...just say'n...keep em closed when you go to bed..bedroom was a decent size..bedding was clean but bed itself was firm..a personal preference if you like them that way..but not totally uncomfortable and served the purpose. Going down the narrow hall way to the living/kitchen area there are two steps down so the room would not be good for elderly/handicapped persons to go up and down...also be careful in the dark and don't forget they are there.....we left the light on in the little alcove niche' beside the steps to to avoid tripping up/down the stairs if you had to get up in the dark to get something out of the kitchen. NOt a biggy for me but needs to be noted in the room description so people will know before they book that they are there.Photos online do not show the steps but you can barely see them in the illustrated drawing of the layout. I am sure they do have many handicapped rooms available but should be noted that in the non handicapped one bedroom ones at least...there are a couple of steps. Kitchen/living room area was adequate and functional. Had a small floor fridge which was okay if you don't need to keep alot of stuff cold...prefer a full fridge...had a tiney stove and tiny bar typle sink, a 10 cup coffee maker with packets of coffee, creamer suger but I did ask ahead and took my own coffee and condiments...nice to have a full size coffee maker...cupboards had a adequate supply of coffee cups, bowls, plates and silverware is in a deep drawer beside the sink as were the pots and pans, utensils, etc. also had extra blankets and pillows in drawers and ironing board, etc. in the small closet...again needs some updating but functional. OK..now we get to the balcony! I personally really liked having a end room next to the elevators so we didn't have to walk/carry all our stuff up and down the breezeway..but if you want a room with a somewhat private view you can sit out on in your jammies....this is not the place for your....ask for one that is you are not looking at your neighbors across the way ..those rooms are on the far end of the building...but I can say it was quite entertaining people watching! Our room did have an ocean view and a good view of the pools, tiki bars but it did take a bit of getting used to.

We did have a minor issue later in the day when we were getting ready to go out to dinner. We had put our valuables, billfolds, money etc. in the safe in the bedroom and when I went to open it one of the push button numbers did not work to unlock it, so I had to call the frontdesk..but they sent someone imediately and it was fixed and we were on our way..nice to have quick service..another convenience.......but we had noticed when we left the room to go out that the security latch on the inside of the room door was broken and I called again to get someone to come fix it but no one returned and I did not call them again so I am sure it was just an oversight and the security deadbolt did work fine...just wanted them to know it was broken when we got there and I did mention it when we left and again their freindly, courteous staff made a note of it.

So...now on to the pool area, tiki bar, and the beach area. When you go out the doorway you will see a beautiful palm trees, nice fountains and lush vegitation everywhere! You are issued a rubber armband that must be worne to identify you as a guest and security will pass by quite often to see if you have one...nice to have so that only hotel guests are using the pools.

We had just stepped out the door and a nice man whom I did not catch his name inquired about our stay and since we had just arrived he was very helpful giving us the lay of the land. A nice touch having someone point out the various pool areas. They have four pools by the way and all are separated by walkways and each pool has a gated entrance which with small children I am sure is a plus in keeping them safe and corraled! There is a kiddy pool beside the largest pool with an umbrella waterfall and the kids seemed to really enjoy it and there was quite a large jacuzzi as well, another pool that is over to the side with a hot tub adjacent to it and it too was nice to have a place away from the children's kiddie pool. They have a lazy river on the far side of the property and it was far enough away to not be disturbed by boisterous children..or even adults! The lounge chairs are everywhere and some have nice shade for non sunworshipers, the Tiki Bar had live music that could be heard from either pool area and was not too loud or too soft, the Tiki Bartender, Ken, was very nice and helpful in figuring out just which tropical, exotic beverage to try next! There was a small hamburger/snack stand adjacent to it serving food all day so it was nice not to have to go inside to a restaurant if you didn't want to. The beach area was really close by...I don't think I have seen the beach that close to a hotel before so you did not have to walk far to get in the water..BUT...when the tide comes in you will be moving your stuff quite frequently back to keep it dry! They have umbrellas and chairs available but you gotta reserve early to get one. Beach area in front of hotel is nice and fairly uncrowded since there are only a few condos and smaller beach houses beside the resort which makes it nice to be able to find a spot on the beach and not feel too crowded.

We did not utilize the dining rooms or indoor lounges, workout facilities, etc. so I cannot comment on that but I can attest that the employees, front desk staff, housekeeping staff and maintenance staff were excellent and very willing to assist you with a smile and it's nice to see employess that way..... Nice touch guys!

NOT REALLY UGLY....just say'n.......Upon our departure that Sunday we did have a time getting a cart to load up our stuff..there were none to be found in the lobby @ 10 AM.even checked several floors for abandoned ones...need a timer/tracking device on them so staff knows where and how long someone has them... ....have a feeling that people hoard them in their rooms the night before they leave so they will have one.........I personally recommend a tag team effort...one person should get the car and bring it around while another watches for someone that is either already loading/unloading and grab it....the elevators are hard to get ..so if you can get a 3rd floor room (not a great view..but..) and a parking spot ....utilize the third floor because the ramps over to the parking deck are easy to get to... and you won't have to use the elevator at alll....it WILL take you a while to get an elevator..we waited over 20 minutes on one...either passed our floor by or were slap full when it did stop....don't know what can be done about that but maybe they should try to concoct a plan to expedite the check out stage ...and in all fairness.... getting an elevator is always a bit tricky on a Sunday when people are leaving and prior to holiday since we came the week before Labor Day and people are coming in for the week. Still not a deal breaker for me staying there again..... I vote for a Monday check out next time....

Hope this helps...I always look for Tripadvisor to assist me in selecting places to go and stay, etc.....saves you from wasting a good vacation on a bad experience....

So..dispite a few very minor issues..all in all it was a pleasure staying at the Beach Cove Resort and I would do it again..in fact.. I will stay with them again!

Room Tip: 3rd floor is an easy floor to get up and down the stairs if the elevator is slow....also 3rd floor...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank JanGeorgia
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay. Our location is very tranquil compared to the south end of the Strand. It is great to hear that upon arrival you were able to check in early. While not always possible we try our best to get everyone who arrives early checked in. Thank you very much for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed 3 nights (8-23-8/25) at the Beach Cove Resort. This was my first trip to this facility and overall I was satisfied with the stay there. The place is a little bit dated and the room could have used a little work, but otherwise it was an acceptable unit. Stayed in a 1 bedroom unit on the 16th Floor, tower A. Only thing I didn’t like about our room was that we were on the inside of the V shaped towers which meant there wasn’t much privacy on the balcony. Felt like I was on display for everyone one in the Tower next door. Next time I would request a room farther on the outside. The beds were average, not terrible, but not as comfortable as a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn. Overall I have to say the PROS outweigh the CONS and would recommend if you are looking for a relatively decent budget friendly resort experience. There are nicer resorts in Myrtle Beach, but you’ll definitely pay a lot more to stay there. I’ll summarize the PROS and CONS below:

PROS: Really cool pool area with several pools, hot tubs, and a lazy river. Great pool side bar. Excellent beach access. Parking deck located only a few steps from entrance is very convenient compared to some resorts in the area. Great central location in North Myrtle Beach, directly across from Barefoot Landing.

CONS: Rooms could be a bit cleaner, but otherwise acceptable. No privacy on the balcony. Elevators suck!! They take forever and just too many people using only 2 elevators per tower. Would recommend avoiding the elevators at check out and check in times.

Room Tip: For more balcony privacy, request a room on the farther end of the buildings rather than the inside.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
We always appreciate our guest taking the time to comment on their stay. To get a better visual idea of the layout of our three towers you can visit beachcove.com. The C tower with the 2 and 3 bedroom condos is parallel to the coastline and may provide you with adequate privacy. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Creedmoor, North Carolina
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed at Beach Cove for 4 nights last weekend 8/17-8/21 and had a blast! The room was very clean and well kept. Our room 1225 had been upgraded with a full size refrigerator and recently renovated. The view was outstanding and the pools were nice. One of the pools was 8'6" deep! The only thing that we did not like was the fact that the beach was very narrow and too steep for our son to skim board at high tide.This is the only reason I did not give it a 5. On the other hand he really enjoyed the pools left behind at low tide and actually caught 2 nice flounder with his bare hands out of them! The parking was better than other places we have stayed and we will be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. It is great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. Unfortunately the beach is not our property and is subject to erosion. Hopefully this will not affect your decision to stay with us in the future.

Blacksburg, Virginia
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights. 8-17 thru the 21.. This was our first time at this hotel and it was very enjoyable. We have 3 children and there was plenty of room in the pools and in the hot tubs. They loved the lazy river also. the room we stayed in was nice, it could use a few touch ups but hey it served its purpose wonderfully. The game room in the hotel was nice for the kids. The only downfall I have to my stay was the elevators. there is 2 fairly small elevators. Other than that I will def stay at this hotel again!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mrlafon
Thank you for taking the time to comment. We are so happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We do have plenty to keep a smile on all the children faces. Thanks again for staying with us.

Clayton, New York
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I spent our 26th Anniversary at the resort. We arrived on the 14th of August earlier then planned. We were able to check at 2:00 instead of 4:00 with no problems. We were greeted with smiles and everyone one was extremely helpful with questions about restaurants, where to visit etc. Our room was clean and the view over the ocean was breath taking. The tiki bartenders were not too friendly, but the house keeping staff were great. We enjoyed the number of pools and happy to be able to use them and not bumping I to people every 2 feet. The beach is only a few feet away which made for easy and quick access to and from the resort. We had no problems with hearing our neighbors through the walls unlike most resorts which have paper thin walls. Our only regret about the vacation was we did not bring our children and grand children, there is plenty for them to do and plenty for us adults to do as well. Next year we will defiantly be back at the resort with the family and perhaps some friends. We really enjoyed our stay and recommend the resort to others.

Lisa Newland

Room Tip: No matter what room you stay in the ocean view is priceless.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lisa N
BCGManager, Front Office Manager at Beach Cove Resort, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We are very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful anniversary at Beach Cove. You are absolutely right there is plenty for adults and children to do on property. We appreciate your comment and look forward to seeing you and your family/friends next year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
The Prince Resort
#4 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,035 reviews
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
#2 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,578 reviews

Been to Beach Cove Resort? Share your experiences!