“Ocean Front Beautiful”

Seaside
Ranked #14 of 52 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in 1105 thru Carolina Resort Realty
We Loved the 2 Bed/2 BA updated Condo.
Direct Ocean view!!
Thanks for a Great Week!
Will have linens next time by the resort. Washer and Dryer a plus.
Beds are soooo comfy. Forgot to look at the name of them.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank TammyLu
JimEg, Manager at Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for coming to North Myrtle Beach and the comments about the Resort and the view. I noticed your comments about the Linen, while there are lots of great rental companies out there you can also get great deals going through Seaside Resorts directly along with continental breakfast, daily housekeeping and Maintenance and front desk on site.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Rooms are very clean. Spacious and a good value for the price. Like the location and the view is great. The staff is always helpful and friendly. The security staff keeps an eye on things, too so we don't have to worry about our car. The grandchildren loved the lazy river.

Room Tip: Ocean front has a great view and is usually quieter. The website has floor plans and pictures of eac...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cgtglmt
JimEg, Manager at Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for choosing Seaside Resort and for the kind words. Hope the grandkids continue to bring you back but it is such a great place for adults to unwind relax and read a little on the deck overlooking a great view of the ocean. Hope to see you back again soon and thank you again for taking the time to write.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Great place to relax and enjoy the beach. The room was large and had a wonderful handicapped bath. The staff was delightful and very talkative about the area and the facility. The weather didn't cooperated but there were plenty of activities around the area and in the hotel to occupy the time we could not use the beach. The parking area was very tight for my SUV but going slow and carefully down and around made it ok. There was always plenty of light in the parking garage which was nice when returning home in the evening. The pool area was delightful with the lazy river, hot tub, and an inside and outside pool. Getting into and out of the pool was difficult for my handicapped spouse but the exercise was delightful in the heated water.

Room Tip: We had a handicapped accessible room and it was great. Being on the 5th floor, the view of the wate...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jerry B
JimEg, Manager at Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

While I a very grateful you had a wonderful time, and thank you for the kind words about the hotel, we do hope to see you again soon. I want you to be aware that we have Pool handicap lifts at all our properties. Due to the space limitations from walking around the deck we have it ion storage but our staff is trained and ready whenever the need arises for you. I will make sure we get signs up stating this but please remember next time to allow us to make your stay just a little bit nicer.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have to say the my stay at Seaside was the best the rooms were great and really clean. The staff was great and have great customer service skills they were the best. I plan on staying at Seaside when I return Myrtle Beach. Thank you to all the Staff at Seaside for making my weekend stay the best.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are great but I prefer the 2 bedroom because it is Ocean Front which provide y...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
JimEg, Manager at Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

So glad you had a great time at Seaside Resort and that the staff took good care of you. We hope this becomes your vacation "home" too.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The hotel was very clean in all areas. Our room was nice and spacious. The parking deck was tight for my SUV but is well maintained. The staff is super friendly and helpful. They let us park on site so we could easily access the beach for a few hours prior to our 4:00pm check-in. The only complaint I have is the continental breakfast was not very good. The food quality was poor but the lady who stocked everything was very nice and talkative. I would stay here again but probably wouldn't pay extra for the continental breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were very pleased to find that I could get a seaside room during one of the biggest Spring motorcycle rallies (May 11-18) in the USA, and since Trading Places assured me the property was comparable to our own in value and quality, we were ecstatic. But once we discovered that the property would neither allow my bike trailer on the property or provide a secure alternative, I was appalled and concerned. This was an important oversight that resulted in a police report for larceny of the trailer. The resort offered no redress.
The internet in my room worked only two days out of seven, despite the hotel's attempts to remedy through an outside specialist. The washing machine worked only when the bathroom water faucet was turned on, so we discovered. Towels for the pool area were available from the reception office, when the door was not locked. Mattresses ware cheap and the furniture is worn and in ill repair, if not past its replacement point. Maybe it was just room 708, judging from the other reviews, but this is no exaggeration.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
JimEg, Manager at Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

We certainly understand your frustration but wanted to provide you and all our guests with more information. While we do wish the company you rented from provided you with more details of what the resort could or could not provide I hope you understand Seaside Resort did not give you this bad information. The Resort is not large enough for al the trailers and bikes our guests may want, though they do have reserved areas for bikes and trailer parking across the street, we have to be clear to our guest that there are limitation so they can make their choice of the hotel to meet their particular needs. Your trailer was parked on City property and though we are sorry for your loss we cannot be liable for the loss, when we did not guarantee trailer parking or 24 hour security, and the many positive comments from our guests show we do try and help everyone have the best vacation we can some things are beyond our control. With regard to the towels and supplies the Resort does have the front desk manned when the pool is open so I am not sure what happened. We appreciate the information on the washer but we could not duplicate the problem. Again we do sincerely wish you would have had a great time and not have had any issues while you were here but I hope you understand the lack of communication and security for your trailer were not something Seaside Resort could have helped you with though we regret your loss.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our second trip to Seaside and this time we upgraded to the 3 Bedroom Corner Unit. We were on the top floor (14th) facing Myrtle Beach. Our view was incredible! We enjoyed awesome sunsets from the comfort of our sofa. Could see the Skywheel 13 1/2 miles away every night! The 3 bedroom unit offers a floor to ceiling "wall of windows" that gives you a view from the oceanfront to Barefoot Landing several blocks to the west. Pellicans flew right by our balcony so close we could have touched them! We cooked in our kitchen several times but I never felt left out of the action because I could see my family on the beach right from the sofa in our living room as I prepared dinner. We had both oceanfront balcony and the full oceanview from the windows!! Couldn't ask for a better set-up! Spent 10 days there and still wanted to take the "wall of windows" with me when we left!! Requested help setting our TV so that we could watch DVD's and a staff member was there within minutes to show us how. Staff was friendly and beds and furniture were comfortable. We partially overlapped "bike week" with the motorcyclists but never heard any major noise as they were asked to park in the lowest portion of the parking deck. Pools were clean and warm. Lazy river was awesome as usual. Outdoor pool had a little chill for those that like cooler water for swimming. Hot tubs were enjoyed as well. Yet another great trip and another wonderful stay at Seaside! Can't wait to return!!

Room Tip: Rooms above the 7th floor have better views because the motels on both sides are shorter. Highly re...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family