Thomas Outdoors Water Sports - Anchor Marina
More attraction details
Owner description: Thomas Outdoors Watersports is located on the waterway in North Myrtle Beach, nestled in between the small fishing village of Little River and Cherry Grove Beach. With over 25 years in the watersports industry we can confidently say that we offer the Grand Strand's finest in watersports rentals. Our staff will make you feel safe and comfortable. You will take home not only great memories but great friends. Whether you are taking out a pontoon boat to Bird Island for the day or ripping through the water on a jet ski, you will most definitely leave with a smile.
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

My fiance and I wanted to try a jet ski dolphin tour on our vacation... I found and called two places that I saw offering this... I called the other place first and the person who answered although not rude was very bland when I called Thomas outdoor watersports I spoke with Richard and right away just his friendliness and personality over the phone made me choose his establishment even though I thought it to be actually a farther drive... Don't let the smaller size of the establishment fool you... It is excellent... They were courteous friendly and kind to everyone.. Great with educating about what to do and not do... We actually also visited another watersports place right on the ocean a couple days after for parasailing and also rent a jet ski to just freestyle on the ocean... Staff was nice but didn't compare and a lot of what we knew about the rules and handling the jet ski was thanks to Robert... I expected the dolphin tour to be great but I never expected it to be as amazing as it was! I was ready to go back and do it again before leaving... And it is top of the to do list for next time with no one but Thomas outdoor watersports! Definitely the step above choice! Another thing... We were very politely asked to wait a few moments longer for the souvenir cd we purchased to allow the family with two small children to leave a little sooner... We didn't mind at all and would have done so with no complaints or problems bit he wanted to give us free t-shirts for doing so! Will definitely be wearing his logo and will recommend him to anyone that will listen! Good job guys! )

Visited October 2013

Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Awesome dolphin experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

From start to finish we had a great time. Customer service was extremely friendly and fun to work with over the phone. When we checked in with Chris we knew it was going to be a fun adventure. Unfortunately the dolphins refused to show up for us. Chris checked all his usual sights and kept apologizing because he knew how excited we were to see dolphins. When we got back the owner offered to take us back out the next day at a discount because he felt bad we hadn't seen dolphins. Well, the next day they showed uo. Probably 40 of them -with several babies. Can say enough good things about Thomas Water Sports!

Charlotte NC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Fun jet ski tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Two couples, four jet skis, and a beautiful day on the water. Took the morning dolphin tour, escorted by excellent guides Josh and Bryce. Never been on a jet ski? No worries, it is a safe and exciting experience, and we saw and learned many new things (even though we've been coming to the area for over 40 years). For the novice, it takes a few minutes to get the hang of it, but then what a blast! Highly recommended.

Bristol, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Thomas Water Sports.....Not Going out for Business”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Thomas Water Sports ...Not out to Get Business
We have rented Jet skis from Thomas water sports several times previous to this date. The last time rented had a very nice hostess, She went through safety information and then had about an hour on the water, That was this spring, For some reason the owner, Richard, has decided that he wil not allow anymore "play" which was just riding around in the ocean in a specified area. For someone who does not own a watercraft it was a nice experience, The big problem if you try to ask RIchard what you can do ..... He will yell at you that you're not going to talk him into it no matter what you say. Could not make sence of his madness. He was obviously upset at someone and decided to take it out oh anyoe who called. Three different memers of the family tried to call on different days just in case he was just having a bad day. He obviously does not care if he gets any business any longer. Therefore, eventhough had been satisfied customers in years past, ... will no longer support a business where the owner does not care what type of language he uses to answer questions incoherently.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank compton77
lukeski1, Owner at Thomas Outdoors Water Sports - Anchor Marina, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
This is Richard responding. After several calls asking the exact same questions and continuing to argue that I should change my mind about letting you go out and play freely when I had already explained to you at least 2 if not 3 times that we do not offer that any longer and I explained this to you and that is why the frustration level grew till I eventually got nasty with you enough to get you to stop. I do apologize for being rude but you pushed until I snapped. Maybe think about not going on and on and on and on. Oh and lets not forget about the mistake on the price that you found on a website that is not even my website and then you challenged me, (the owner of Thomas Outdoors) about that price! Maybe pay attention to what you read next time. Finally, when a business owner changes the way they do business and it does not suit you, the best way to handle that is to take your business elsewhere, not argue that they should adjust to you. I have a very good reason that we do not rent for free-play rentals any longer and there are many other businesses in the area that still offer that option. Sadly the only ppl I ever have problems with on or off the water are ppl that want to free-play. Hence the change. Now we don't have those problems. Sorry... :-)
Michigan
“Amazing Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful dolphin watch jet ski trip! The owner of the business was great as he gave us a discount and a free picture CD since we were newly weds.

It was really like a private trip because we were the only ones on the tour. Our guide Josh was absolutely incredible! He really knew his stuff, was very personable, got us right up to the dolphins, and created a custom trip just for us. I highly recommend them and cannot say enough good things about our guide Josh.

If you have the chance to go with him, do it because he was a true professional in every sense of the word!