“needs a lot of help”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“needs a lot of help”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

singers were so off,it was just horrible.comedian was the best.we paid a hundred bucks for a 25 minute comedy show cause the rest of it sucked.

1 Thank S S

Park City, Utah
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Go See This!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Just a great evening of entertainment for all ages. The host is Greg Rowles and he keeps the evening moving. The cast do a fantastic job and do not miss the comedian Ricky Mokel.

31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Not quite what was advertised”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Perhaps its my own fault: I didn't realize that the Alabama Theatre is named for a country group called Alabama. And then perhaps I didn't realize that because of this connection, the entire performance would have a country aspect to it. It's advertised as a variety show, but it doesn't mention that the Broadway, Motown, etc., would all be done with a country twang. I might not have gone had I known this. Furthermore, country depends heavily on the words and the message, and the sound engineers need to revisit some issues that get the words and message lost in the echo.

BUT for many reasons I'm glad I did. The host is engaging, really drawing people into the event and making them feel personally wanted. The comedian delivers a gentle, hilarious, relevant commentary, in the most family-friendly way. Clean humor is far harder to develop than profane humor. And the cast is unabashedly Christian. A "God bless you" slips in here and there, and in the program they're delighted to share their church affiliations. It's not nauseating, they just share it as a natural aspect of who they are.

I don't think I'd go back, but I'm glad I went.

1 Thank Jaggfly
Malinta OH
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Nice evening out”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We have see the show twice in the last 4 years, we liked the show better the first time but this year was okay. It is a nice "date" evening out. There were kids there but I think older people get more out of it. It is a show featuring comedy, dancing and singing.

Visited August 2013
Anderson, South Carolina
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“The comedian MAKES this show!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I have seen hundreds of stand up routines over the past 30 years and this guy is SOOO hysterical! I laughed so hard I nearly wet myself. He is worth the cost of the ticket alone! If you don't laugh at him you should see a shrink for an evaluation... So the rest of the show, the emcee was eye candy, sweet, and nice to listen to. The 2 dancers Kristoff and ?, were also amazing. The rest of the show needs and overhaul. Please get rid of the Taylor Swift song, it was so dumb, and girl singing it was not funny but tacky, sorry but that was the worst part of the show. The blonde lady singing a lot of the songs needs longer skirts and an up to date hairstyle.... Any style conscious person will see my point. Overall, I would see the show again today, just to see the comedy acts.. Phenom!