“Another great year at South Shore Villas!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of South Shore Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Myrtle Beach
South Shore Villas
Statesboro, GA
“Another great year at South Shore Villas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

We recently stayed at South Shore Villas June 23-30 and had such a great time (again)! This is our second year staying at South Shore and I loved our particular unit even more than our last rental. We stayed in unit 1103, a two bedroom 2 bath unit, and were so pleased when walking in. The unit was clean, well maintained and had everything we would need. I usually bring some cleaning supplies with me (after years of renting vacation condos you expect to have to do some cleaning upon arrival). Not this time, the floors, counters, bathrooms....all spotless. The furniture was clean and comfortable, beds slept great.

The complex has a VERY large ocean front pool, lazy river, small indoor pool, hot tub and kiddie pool. We never felt it was too crowded. Always plenty of room to swim, play around and enjoy some pool time. The elevators are quick, no waiting. Plenty of parking and well lit.

At this end of Ocean Drive it's quite easy to get out of the complex when driving (making a left) when needed. You can go down a couple streets and turn onto 17th Avenue and get right onto Hwy 17. Very convenient. We had a great time and can't wait to go back!

2 Thank E.S.B.Statesboro

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

In relation to the room it was very nice with the exception that the ice maker and the microwave did not work and there wasn't an iron. Apparently there was no maintenance people available on the weekend or during the week to fix anything. As others stated the beach is not very crowded and the pool area is nothing special at all. Parking was convenient and sufficient.

Here's what you need to know if you are staying at South Shore Villas, definitely things that i wish we had known. There is only 1 set of elevators for the entire complex. In other words if you plan on checking in at 3pm be prepared to wait and wait and wait for an elevator. Also call before check in to make sure the cleaning staff has returned your keys into the rental agency. Otherwise you will get to wait for an hour while they track down your keys.

Here is a tidbit we wish we had known, not all the units are rentals as some actually have the owners living in them. We encountered this on our arrival while unloading our luggage one of the owners and a cleaning lady had a very heated exchange laced with a few curse words in front of our children. This also creates a problem at the pool as there is a lady best described as a "Pool Nazi" who's only joy in life is to yell and yes I said yell at kids who get in the lazy river without a float. Kids are not permitted in the hot tub or lazy river without an adult otherwise they will be told to get out. There are not enough pool chairs and if you put a towel on chairs to save them as most who go to the beach are accustomed to doing, the pool monitor will remove your towels. It is very uncomfortable for parents with young kids at the pool. I kept telling my kids to be quiet and tried to keep them at the beach for most of the trip because we just did not feel welcome.

Did i mention that there isn't ice machines at the facility and if you need to use the restroom at the pool you better have a key with you because it stays locked.

We had a great vacation and the room was and the balcony was awesome. I loved the location. However we will not be staying here again. I just do not like being stressed on vacation. This place needs to be advertised as a place for mature or eldely couples without children to stay.

Room Tip: If you have kids go elsewhere.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank 747BLC333
Churchville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

My family has rented numerous units at South Shore Villas over the last five years. We usually come twice a year and this is by far our favorite place to stay. This year has been no exception. Upon making the reservation with Grand Strand Reality the representative was very helpful and pleasant to talk to. I felt like she went out her way to make our stay very enjoyable. Our unit in the past as well as this year was perfectly suited for us, very spacious, very well maintained and equipped. We had stayed in this unit before and we were surprised that since being here before there was new carpet and furniture. We can't say enough about how pleased we have been with our stay at South Shore until the last two visits. I realize there are pool rules and I respect any posted rules and regulations so please don't think that I feel like I or my family are above following posted rules however, we are considering renting elsewhere in the future because of the annoying lady pool monitor. The pool area has become more like boot camp. Mrs Monitor stalks everyone . To my knowledge there has never been an issue to have a sandwich in the pool area and there are no signs stating as such. Early in our stay I over heard this same person while in the lazy river tell children to stay out of her space. Now it seems to me that if you don't want to be splashed with water stay out of it. That's what children as well as adults do on vacation in a pool and lazy river. I realize that maybe a monitor is needed to keep accidents to a minimum but I don't think that a drill sergeant is required. It' s a rude awakening to think that you paid 1604.71 for a weeks vacation to be constantly aggravated by a pool monitor. And I guess it wouldn't be such an issue if she would have said anything to the persons drinking alcohol but that didn't seem to be a problems even tough that is posted. Wonder how the other owners would feel about losing perspective renters because of a extremely annoying pool monitor.

7 Thank Trisha B
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

This was our families 5th weekly vacation to North Myrtle Beach, but the first stay at Southshore Villas Unit 1203. First, the complex was such a pleasure compared to the larger ones at which we have stayed. No line at the office when we checked in, no problem finding parking at the complex, luggage carts were readily available, and not once during the week did we have to wait for an elevator. That alone made me happy! The location was perfect. Beach was not over-crowded, nor was the pool. As far as the unit in which we stayed, #1203....we couldn't have asked for a more beautifully decorated, clean and comfortable condo. We will most definitely stay in this unit from here on out,(fingers crossed that it will be available for our stays). What a pleasure everything was....so sad for our vacation to end!

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Blastfan1
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

Just returned from a very nice stay at South Shore Villas, North Myrtle Beach. We were very impressed with the facility, the parking, and especially room 905. We booked online with Grand Strand Resorts (very smooth process, great pictures and video tour of rooms on the web site).

Although we arrived late, after 8pm, the check-in process was very convenient and smooth. We also did not have to wait to check-out. The parking garage was not huge, but we always found a space to park no matter what time of day or night we returned to the condo. I liked the fact that the luggage carts were always available right near the elevaors on each level of the parking garage.The carts don't fit through the doors of the rooms, so guests could not hide them in their rooms..

Our 3 bedroom condo had a very spacious, nicely furnished balcony with access from the master and the living area. The beds were very comfy. Loved the granite countertops in the kitchen and baths. The owners stocked the room very well, right down to the blender, pizza pan, cutting board, and hangers in the closets. Although we don't have small children, it was nice that there were safety features for kids, including electrical outlet covers. The unit was clean and obviously very well taken care of. The big screen tv was very nice. Free internet access was a definite plus! The beach was quiet and peaceful for the most part. Ocean Front pools were never too crowed. We did not want to leave. Can't wait to go back next year. Kudos to the owners of room 905!! Thank you for making our vacation a great success!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Natfel
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2010

Just a quick review to tell all that South Shore Villas is a fabulous condo resort. We have been going to Myrtle Beach for the past 20 years and have stayed in both hotels and more recently condos. South Shore Villas is our favourite! The condo we stay at is very large, beautifully decorated (4 bdrm/4 bath) and has all the ammenties. The property is wonderful - right on the ocean with a large pool, lazy river, indoor pool, spa and fitness facility.

This was our second visit to South Shore Villas (1st - August 2007) and the main reason we like it so much is that it is an upscale small property (60 condos) with simillar sized amenities to large resorts like Crescent Shores and therefore the pool, beach, etc. are never very busy.

We had a wonderful March Break and have already re-booked for August 2010. I would recommend this property to anyone!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2009

This is an excerpt from an email that I sent to the person I reserved through for South Shore Villas #1007, because I didn't want to have to re-type everything here:

"I just wanted to let you know that I didn't appreciate you not returning my phone call when we checked in to unit 1007. I was very upset with the condition of the unit and wanted to advise you as to the work that your housekeeping service is failing to do. In the beginning I was completely blaming housekeeping, but then when you didn't return my phone call, I began to blame you as well. I didn't feel like it was my place to call the housekeeper and I probably wouldn't have had a nice thing to say if I had, so I chose not to. I spent the first 3 hours of my vacation cleaning because it had not been done. The only thing that I could see that had been done was the linens picked up and dropped off. We had to wash the rugs, sweep, mop, run the vacuum (which we had to buy bags for), clean the bathrooms/shower, etc. It was disgusting! This is a really nice unit with great potential. It is in serious need of paint and a GOOD cleaning, but the furniture is beautiful. I just feel like if I was an owner I would appreciate my customers keeping me updated as to the condition of the unit and the job that my cleaning service is providing. I literally swept up 2 dust pans full of sand, dust and dirt off the tile, filled a vacuum cleaner bag FULL from the carpets, there is some type of mold/mildew (black) in the shower in the master bath, not to mention the amount of sand and dirt that was in the rugs in the kitchen and bathrooms. The unit smelled like a wet dog when we arrived and much of the odor left after we cleaned and washed the rugs. I am not exaggerating when I say that when we shook out the rugs they would have probably filled up half of a sand bucket. The couch looked like underneath the cushions had not been cleaned in at least 6 months. The sheets didn't fit half the beds, the bed in the back bedroom with the other balcony had a wooden slat broke, so my father-in-law had to prop up the bed with a case of Pepsi. There was only one key in the lock box on the door and no parking passes. Overall, we ended up having a good time, but the condition of the room and the amount of work that I had to do to feel comfortable taking my shoes off and actually getting in the shower was in my opinion RIDICULOUS! Plus, it's just not good business to ignore phone calls from your customers! The least you could have done was called back and tried to work something out with housekeeping to resolve the complaints. I have the owners address as I had to send him one of the checks. I will be printing this email and forwarding it on to him as well as I don't expect that I will hear back from you. I should have listened to the person on Trip Advisor that had very similar things to say. Possibly I wouldn't have been in this mess in the first place."

I also have photos the mess we had to clean up, if anyone is interested just let me know.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family