“Waiting to check in”

Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Columbus, Ohio
“Waiting to check in”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Arrived right before 3:00 pm, check in time...as I write this I am sitting by the pool bc our room is not been ready...but it's been 2 hours since my arrival. The front desk staff seem very unconcerned, but also told me the the owner of my unit is returning the day BEFORE I am to check out, and I will have to move to another room for my last day here.

We had a long car trip, and we just wanted to get in and get our vacation on. Nope...it's been 2 hours. I am so disappointed. So disappointed. But the lack of real concern from the front desk is just too much to handle.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Penelopec052
Heather N, Guest Relations Manager at Mar Vista Grande, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We are happy you were able to enjoy the credit we issued for our Tiki bar while you waited for the room to be ready. As with all guests, we want each room to be immaculate for check in, and we apologize when it runs a bit longer than expected. We do hope the rest of your stay was hassle-free, and we invite you back to join us for your next vacation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
rock hill sc
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We actually stayed here in April of 2012 but I had to give it a review. Back when I stayed here you could pick your rooms individually from pictures. They have changed that now. I loved it here the condo we had was superb! The pool area was nice too. If you need anything you can ask but I don't recall a lot of maid service so I had to request towels most of the time or I washed them myself. This was ok for me because I personally prefer not to have strangers in my room anyway! I have noticed some bad reviews on some condos and I guess that would be possible since they are individually owned but mine was awesome. The floor was tile which was wonderful and carpet in bedrooms and the kitchen was fully stocked. I know everyone's experience can not be the same but from what I saw they deserved their aaa rating. Specify that you want an upgraded condo, that may help with room selection. Rental companies are ok because I rent that way but I booked this place through an email special on certain rooms from the owners. I dealt with the mar vista directly. I hope this helps but I cannot say a bad word about the place!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank ahawkrockhillsc
Heather N, Guest Relations Manager at Mar Vista Grande, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
We very much appreciate you taking the time to review our resort. We are thrilled to read your superb rating of the condo. We also appreciate your specific notation that we are derserving of our AAA rating, which we have actually received three years in a row, We are so pleased that you booked directly through the resort, and we cannot wait for your next visit to make sure you have another awesome experience with us!
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed in the Mar Vista for 5 days. Please don't let them put you in room 509. The carpet and furniture was filthy. We had to place blankets over the couch and chairs. The carpet was solied and dirty. The Bathrooms were very clean. The Kitchen was very clean. We told the front desk about the furniture and carpet and they said they were not responsible and that it's the home owner is responsible. They said they would let them know and let the Home Account person know about it? Overall the location is great, right on the beach. Very nice pools and hot tubes. The staff is very friendly as well. They always made sure we have fresh towels everyday. They do not change the sheets, you will have to wash them yourself. They washer and dryer were very nice as well. We rented a 3 bedroom. The living room had a flat screen TV. The master had a flatscreen TV. The two bedrooms did not have flat screen TVs, would have been nice. They were small 5-10 inch Bubble tube TVs.

Room Tip: Do not Rent room 509
1 Thank jcmoye
We appreciate your feedback regarding your 5 day stay with us. It is great you found a clean kitchen and clean bathrooms in the condo. We are also glad you were pleased with our amenities including the pools and hot tubs, and that you had friendly encounters with our staff. We are addressing your concerns about the room as we speak, and we would like to invite you back for a future stay so we can show off our continuous improvements.
Sussex, New Jersey
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Based on such great reviews, my family decided to stay at the luxurious Mar Vista Grande. What we encountered was not luxury but a mockery of anything close. I understand that check in can take a while so I'll let it slide that we waited 3 hrs for a room that was being "cleaned". Our room 1103 was disgusting. The pillowcases and pillows had stains on them. We had to run out to buy our own because we were grossed out. The carpets had stains on them. Kitchen sink smelled awful, coffee machine looked like it had mold growing on it. I literally took it apart to clean it. The towels smelled like fried food. The balcony floor is never swept. There was sand and finger/toe nails..yuck..on the floor. The elevators are dirty. We tried to change rooms but the other option was worse then the first. I should have known how our week would be based on all the people complaining about something or another when we checked in. I know that there are nice and clean rooms but we didn't get one. If we rented through an owner, I could say it's who they use for cleaning but we booked through the hotel. No excuse for such poor cleanliness. Be careful when staying here because the photos you see may not be what you get!

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank djkrussell
Heather N, Guest Relations Manager at Mar Vista Grande, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are very sorry your stay was not as expected, and we are addressing your concerns as we speak.We strive to make sure each and every room is kept in immaculate condition, and we do apologize if we fell short in this instance. We hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future.
Mickleton, New Jersey
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were fortunate enough to vacation with our family at the Mar Vista Grande in August, 2013. Our 3 bedroom condo was perfect. Beautiful ocean front view! The condo was clean and very comfortable! We found the management to be very accommodating and everyone was friendly. The pool area was cleaned on a regular basis . Because it was the end of the season it was not that crowded which made it really nice!

We enjoyed a much needed vacation and we hope to return again next year!

2 Thank Charlene M
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent vacation at Mar Vista Grande. We are so glad you found the condo clean and comfortable, and we are pleased to hear that you found the management accomodating and friendly. We would love for you to return to the resort next year!
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Checked in towards the beginning of the season, and was offered this unit, recently renovated and on the 9th floor. The place is comfortable and inviting, beautiful decor and a very nice and useful kitchenette. We are a family of four and there was ample room to spread out. Each bedroom is decorated a little differently so you're sure to find a room that suits your taste.
The balcony can be entered from the master BR or the living room and offers prefect views to the ocean. Every morning my wife and I would settle into a comfy chair, enjoy our coffee and watch the sun rise.
An indoor and outdoor pool are on the property as well as a lazy river, so if the seas are rough or the weather is crummy you can still take a dip.
There is convenient shopping nearby, a good selection of restaurants at hand, but the beach is the main attraction for us.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lekimoppilifnas
Wow, we are thrilled that you found your condo at Mar Vista Grande so and comfortable and inviting. It is wonderful that you were able to see the gorgeous view/sunrise from your balcony. We are also happy that you found shopping/dining venues conveniently nearby. We would love for you to come back and stay with us for another ultimate beach experience!
roanoke
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Rented a 3 bedroom condo in August, 2013. Was the nicest condo I have ever stayed in. Very spacious with upgraded appliances and fixtures. Management is very courteous and helpful. Condo is right on the beach which was not too crowded for the last gasp of summer visitors. Maid service was a little lacking and had to ask for toilet paper and dishwashing powder. But overall would stay here again in a heartbeat. Was around $1700 for 7 days which is way nicer and cheaper than staying in condos ($2500 for 7 days) at South Padre island in south Texas.

2 Thank marlaramav
Thanks so much for your positive review of your stay at the Mar Vista Grande resort in August 2013. We are thrilled that you considered it the nicest condo you ever stayed in, and that you found the condo spacious and management to be courteous and helpful. We invite you back to stay with us any time!