“disappointing”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
New York
“disappointing”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We first went to Greg Norman's in 2010 and LOVED it. We said if we ever returned to Myrtle Beach we would have to return. Our second visit was disappointing to say the least. We were seated in the sun outside right next to the band although the band was not that loud and very nice to listen to. The tuna sashimi appetizer was really good but it was downhill after that. Although I ordered the filet mignon with onions and chianti demi-glace I was given the plain filet mignon. I said it was fine. My daughter and I both ordered it medium rare but both were undercooked and would barely pass for rare. The kids' cheeseburgers, on the other hand, were well done and dry. My husband's grouper was bland. The boxed au gratin potatoes I make from Betty Crocker are better than the au gratin potatoes they serve there. The cheese was watery and flavorless. Considering that this is a pricey restaurant, it was totally disappointing and we will not be returning on our next visit. Our other two restaurant visits were MUCh better for almost half the price. I am glad we sat outside, because the indoor restaurant had a funny smell - like mildew or mold or something and even waiting in the lobby for our table was unpleasant.

Mechanicsville, Virginia
“Saved the best for last!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We ate at this restaurant last year and could not wait until we were able to return. Reservations are a must or you probably won't get in (except at lunch). A tiny bit disappointed we didn't get a table by the window which we requested but we were on the third tier and still had a decent view of the intracoastal waterway. We had the option of sitting outside (which we did previously at lunch last year) but it was just too hot being dressed up. The food was pricey but delicious! I had the lobster tail and my husband had the prime rib. Both of us were not disappointed right down to the creme brûlée which we split!
Our best meal by far at the beach. My only critique is the seating. I'm 5'1" so chairs are difficult for me...just too deep and I can't touch the floor. Definitely this was decided by a man!

maryland
“Good food, outstanding service”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We r visiting for a baseball tourney and although we usually do not like " celebrity " establishments, we decided to try this place based on recommendations of friends.

Food : Good to very good . We had prime rib, lobster tails, ny strip and scallops. None were spectacular but all were tasty and nicely presented. The dessert selection was pretty standard, my bread pudding was just ok. Warm starter bread was wonderful .

Ambience : Nice . A bit dark inside but tables are not cramped or overcrowded. Chairs are very comfortable.

Service : OUTSTANDING. From the hostess to the food runners to the assistants, everyone was extremely efficient, pleasant and professional. Our server was Justin and he was fantastic as was the young gentleman who was helping . Management is doing something right!

Lake Wylie, SC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not impressed”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Sadly, we did not enjoy this. Our food took a long time, there was a large air vent blowing directly on our table and everyone was freezing, and my father-n-law said it was possible the worst prime rib he had ever eaten and another person in our party couldn't finish his steak as it was too stringy. Underwhelmed for sure.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Marie D
Hickory, North Carolina
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We make a point to have "date night" at Greg Norman's every time we're in Myrtle Beach. This was our 5th or 6th visit, and we hired a sitter service and brought my in-laws along to join us. We wanted them to experience it because we always rave about it. They were a little taken aback by the prices, but we assured them the entire experience was worth it. We had reserved an outside table, and had amazing views overlooking the marina and the gorgeous boats. The atmosphere was idyllic. We began to wonder, however, if we had a server, as no one acknowledged us for over 10 minutes. Our server finally came over and took a drink order and we hoped all was well. But she was terrible, we rarely saw her again. Thankfully others were there to assist. She didn't clear appetizer plates, didn't ask if we wanted additional drinks, didn't fill water glasses, didn't bring steak knives (usually they do so right after we order). Our food arrived, and we tried cutting our steaks and prime rib with the butter knives, but finally had to get up and go to a server station to ask for steak knives. The poor service really put a damper on the entire experience. The food was great as always, but we weren't able to focus on enjoying it, or on enjoying each other's company, because we were always craning our necks trying to get basic things we needed. I let the people at the hostess stand know how terrible the services was, on our way out, just so they would be aware, because if this was our first experience we'd never come back. I assured them that we know it's much better than that, and we'd be back anyway, but my husband vehemently disagrees. We don't want to spend that kind of money, and our valuable date night time, and risk such horrible service.

1 Thank Marian E