“Continue to return year after year”
Review of The Prince Resort

The Prince Resort
Illinois
“Continue to return year after year”
Reviewed January 13, 2011

Our first stay at the Prince was two years ago. I was nervous booking a property that I had not heard of or had seen. What a surprise! The condo was fantastic. The view, which I thought was going to be a tiny window view actually was a full ocean front view from our balcony. Rooms were spacious, pools are great, especially the lazy river. Nice blender that is plastic so you can take your "cocktails" to the pool area. We are now booking our third year and continue to tell everyone what a great value it is. For 6 of us it was $118.00 each for three full nights! You will need a car if you plan on going to any of the shopping outlets or restaurants in Downtown Myrtle Beach but it's worth the cost.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank antonacci42

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Love the ocean front view. The rooms have always been clean through out. The staff is great and very respectful. We have spent the last two Thanksgiving weeks and the prince resort, we are planning on a summer stay and Thanksgiving and possibly Christmas at the Prince Resort. I am very picky about things being clean. There are certain things I look for as far as being clean and I have never found anything negative at the prince resort. We love this place. We other family staying at diffrent places at Myrtle but we all came together to eat our thanksgiving dinner at our place at the prince resort. They all stated they would be booking at the prince resort for their next vacation.

• Stayed November 2010
2 Thank ceaerblue
Greenwood, South Carolina
Reviewed January 6, 2011

My party checked into 2 of 3 of our reserved condos New Year's Eve at around 4:30PM. Because I left home 6 hours after the others, I didn't arrive until 10:30PM. Upon my arrival, the person who booked the rooms brought my room keep downstairs to the drop-off spot. 2 of the members from my party took the bags to the condo while I parked the car.

When I arrived in the room, I was greeted with, "We have a problem!"
Entire unit - had a moldy carpet and paint smell
Bedroom 1 - had dirty socks in the closet
Bedroom 2 - had a white wire hanger on one of the beds, and there were a pair of red socks in one of the drawers.
Balcony - had a coffee mug with appx 6 cigarette buts and ashes
Kitchen - counter had some red sticky substance (thick like jelly)

We called the front desk and was told that they would send a maintenance person up to remove the items. Because I didn't feel comfortable with the cleanliness of the room, I requested that the linens be changed as well. He did change them.

When I went down to the front desk to ask how I could be compensated for the room conditions, I was told that I would receive a 15% discount. After pressing the issue it was increased to 25%. I told the representative that I didn't plan to stay the second night, and was told that I wouldn't receive a refund b/c they have a no cancellation policy. I said, "I walked into a dirty room at their establishment, and won't receive a refund! What's wrong with this picture?" She then told me that I would be allowed to cancel due to the conditions.

At approximately 3:15AM (1/1/11), I rode down Ocean Blvd and found another room, called the members in my condo, and told them to get ready b/c I was coming to get them. While they loaded the car, I went to the front desk and told the representative that we were checking out. She offered to find us another room, and I told her the I had requested to be moved earlier, and was told they the hotel was booked b/c it was New Year's Eve. Ironically, she found a 3 bedroom and offered to move me. I told her that I had already secured another location.

I went back to the hotel at 9:30AM (1/1/11) to make sure my friend's card was credited for the one night and the remaining balance of the first night. While waiting on the manager, the housekeeping supervisor called my cell phone. She starting telling me how no one had slept in the room, and that the room was clean. I informed her that no one slept in the room b/c we were in another room majority of the time prior to checking out at 3:15AM. I asked her to meet me in the room so I could explain what we found and our experience. When she got there I showed her and the Front desk manager the pictures and asked them put their hand on the jelly substance and asked, " Is this what you call clean?" The house keeping supv said this was not their standards and that they are working on their inspection process, b/c it needs tweeking.

The management team agreed to refund the 25% first night and 100% second night. I still feel the entire amount should've been refunded, b/c I was an unsatified customer and they didn't have other accomodations when I originally requested.

• Stayed January 2011
3 Thank StaCeMac
stephanie1447, Manager at The Prince Resort, responded to this review, January 11, 2011
I apologize for any inconvenience this caused you and your guests. This is definitely not typical of the Prince Resort and I do hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.
Chapel Hill, NC
Reviewed January 4, 2011

We have stayed at the Prince Resort Condos several times over the last 3 years. We have also experienced the "high priced spread". And we always return to the Prince Resorts. The rooms, the view, the resturant and all first class. I will recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dabigman240
Peterborough, Ontario
Reviewed January 1, 2011

This was our first stay at the prince but not north Myrtle beach. The check in was smooth and easy. We stayed in the second tower in a one bedroom corner unit overlooking the inlet bay. The room was pleasantly laid out with what looks like newer appliances and kitchen tile flooring. The carpet looks a little older as well as the furniture and televisions. The bed is not good. It is very hard and in the morning my back is sore. The corridors on our level-18 are open with concrete floors. I was thankful it wasn't raining! There are also windows on the hallway rooms which face the corridor. They have curtains over them but some don't meet in the middle and you can see the occupants. The pools in tower 2 are not heated and there was not a hot tub. All in all it is an average room at a slightly inflated rate as it as new years eve on our arrival. After new years the rates can not be beat-very reasonable. There are other north Myrtle resorts I would choice over the prince.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cybersis007
Princeton, West Virginia
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Spent four days at the Prince Resort for a girls weekend to celebrate one of our friend's 60th birthday. We had a great time and the views were an added experience to our celebration. We rented two rooms and both were perfect for our large group of eight women. We stayed in the back tower, and the views were just as nice and we had the exercise rooms as well as the lazy river and hot tubs for our enjoyment. Also I would recommend the second tower to stay in because you can park in the building which makes it easier to get your luggage and anything else you want to carry up to your room so much easier. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable and bathrooms well stocked. A perfect getaway place.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank ReneeK55
Helen, Georiga
Reviewed December 2, 2010

We visited Prince Resort Again Novemb er 28-31, 2010. We Three Sisters wanted to go to a place where we and our husbands could go to be together- celebrate and see some good wholesome entertainment. The Spacious Accomadation at Prince Resort fit the bill exactly. The 3 Bedroom, 3 Bath Unit was perfect. Each of us had our "own" space and the plenty of room in common areas for all of us to enjoy being together. We really enjoyed our stay; and would say, "Thank You Prince Resort Staff for Providing a Clean, Beautifully Kept place for families and couples to get away and enjoy the visit together rather that worring about cleaning house-cooking etc.
We highly recomment this Resort and plan to return in 2011.

• Stayed November 2010
2 Thank expectedbetter09
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
#13 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
#2 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach

Been to The Prince Resort? Share your experiences!