September 2, 2008
We've been to Myrtle Beach 21 years now and this was the worst stay ever. First, our reservation which was made the previous year was not honored. We did not have the accommodations we asked for which were specified on our reservation sheet. The condo is not user friendly e.g., if you are a family planning to make family meals in, the dinnerware and cookware is limited. We wanted to make a salad one night and called down for a salad bowl. A strainer was delivered to our room to be used as a salad bowl. We already had one of those. This is not what we saw when we made our reservation. We were shown a very well stocked kitchen and two master bedrooms with king beds as we requested. We were two married couples with a single adult. They gave us a master bedroom with a king bed and the second master bedroom with two double beds. Not what we signed up for and on the 18th floor, much higher than we wanted. A beach renovation project was going on right in front of the hotel. They worked part of the day and most of the night. Needless to say, not a very pleasant night sleep. Nor did we have access to the beach for most of the time we stayed. Being beach people and having brought beach chairs and umbrellas that was a waste. The hotel staff tried to say the hotel was not aware of the project but everyone in town at the restaurants and shops said the project was well advertised months ahead. We would have not stayed at the Prince if we had known. For a fairly new place it is not in very good condition. The furniture and carpets show a lot of wear and tear. The Prince needs to decide if they are a hotel or condo because clearly families wanting a fully supplied condo would not be able to make due. Not a place we would come to again. Dissatisfied from Philly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfortable, modern accommodations await you at beautiful Prince Resort, situated at the entrance to The Cherry Grove Pier. Find built-in fun along with easy access to all the excitement of the Grand Strand at your finger tips! You are our top priority here at Prince Resort. Whether you visit the beach for a romantic getaway for two or a large family reunion, let us make your ocean experience the best one, ever! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your The Prince Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prince Resort Condos Hotel North Myrtle Beach
- Prince Hotel Condos
- Prince Hotel North Myrtle Beach