“Not impressed with the service”
Review of The Prince Resort

The Prince Resort
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Our family of five stayed in a corner room with ocean view for two nights. The room was a decent size and I loved having the washer & dryer, and full size fridge. However, the set up in the hall was a little off and hard to explain. At the end of the hall was a fire door? And on the other side were two doors to two "corner rooms". (I think ours was called a king ocean view,(out a large picture window) and the balcony was on the road....exactly what we bought. It was the people next to us that came and went with their door slamming behind them that got on my nerves. The kiddie pool is a nice feature, and who doesn't like a lazy river. The restaurant in the hotel is overpriced, but there are decent places within walking distance. And a ton to drive to. The staff was by no means friendly. The bell man asked my husband if he needed any help after he had unloaded the car onto the cart. When I called to request a late check out, the front desk said we aren't doing that today. Overall, small annoyances for people in the hospitality/service industry. We visit family yearly, and I'm still searching for "the place"!

• Stayed: June 2013
Zach F, Front Office Manager at The Prince Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear ScarySarie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay and sharing your frustrations with us. I can say that while we would of course rather see nothing but positive comments, we do rely very heavily on guest comments to also fix the issues we are struggling with. I hate to see that our staff was not as welcoming and friendly as we expect them to be and I will be sure to have that rectified immediately. In regards to not being able to receive a late check out, I am terribly sorry that we could not meet that request. I can assure you that we try very hard to meet all of our late check out requests and unfortunately in the summer months there are times that is not possible. I hope that you do come back and stay with us in the future so that we can show you how great our staff is and give you the trip that you were expecting.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed in a 3 BR oceanview. The room is spacious and the view is great. The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet even with us be located right off the elevator. The room was not ready at check in time. We had to put pressure on the manager to get into our room at 5:00. The only compensation was a $40 credit and a lot of excuses but no apologies. The room was clean enough at check in but daily housekeeping was negligent. Day 2 required a phone call to the front desk at 4:45 and somebody showed up with a trash bag full of towels and said there was nobody available in housekeeping. Made another call to front desk and still waiting..... A few items in the kitchen were broken and TV remotes did not work. (TVs were ancient) Multiple calls to the front desk and still waiting for those to be repaired too. The elevators were fast enough but smelled like vomit the entire visit. Also, the area around the lazy river pool area desperately needs to be painted. The Cherry Grove area is lovely - traffic not too bad and the beaches not as crowded as other areas of MB. Will definitely return to Cherry Grove. Just not sure we will stay at the Prince.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Zach F, Front Office Manager at The Prince Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear LHF123,

Thank you very much for posting a review on your recent stay with us, as well as sharing the frustrations you experienced. I am very happy that you enjoyed one of our very spacious 3br condos and enjoyed the amazing views those units can provide. I do want to apologize that you weren't able to get into your unit exactly at 4:00pm when check in began, unfortunately we can not guarantee that our units, especially our larger units will be available exactly at 4:00pm but we did compensate you for your disappointment. In regards tot he lack of housekeeping and the issues with the tv's and remotes I am very sorry that we seemed to have dropped the ball. If you had a moment I would like to speak with you at your earliest convenience, that way I can get more information on which unit you were in and ensuring that we make necessary improvements. I hope that for your next trip to Cherry Grove, you do decide to choose the Prince Resort again so we can show you just how great a stay with us can be.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here at Prince Resort II from June 14th-June 22nd through Elliot Realty. We drove in a day early for a wedding and luckily got our same room for Friday night. We stayed in a corner room on the 12th floor. Our room was clean, and comfortable .We had views of the channel off of our balcony as well as our bedroom window. We also had a window overlooking the 9th floor pool, where we could see the ocean and channel. The room was great, no complaints. My only piece of advice would be to get a ocean front view room. The views are better, the room and balcony are larger, and they are often not a large price jump from the channel view corner rooms.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kjjjohnston

Dear kjhenning,

Thank you so much for the review of your stay here at the Prince Resort, and I will be sure to pass along your comments to the Elliott staff. I am very happy that they were able to accommodate you in getting in a day early and that you very much enjoyed the property and the unit you were in. We certainly hope that you do decide to stay at the Prince Resort again the next time you visit the area.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our first time staying at this resort and it had a few good points and a few not so good.
First they need more luggage carts, especially for the weekends. It was very irritating having to make three trips back down to the car to get all our stuff up the the room. Second, I do not know if all the mattresses are the same in every room but the one in 510 was awful, I mean like sleeping on a concrete slab. Please get a new mattress. No sheets for the fold out couch. Ok thats all the negatives, on the positive side it is a great location right at the pier. The room was clean and had enough kitchen items for cooking. The pool above the parking garage was really nice and clean. We would stay here again, hopefully with better bed.

Room Tip: Do not stay in 510 unless you like an extra extra extra firm mattress
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lolashowgirl

Dear lolashowgirl,

Thank you so much for choosing the Prince Resort and posting a review on your recent stay with us. I am very happy to see that you had a great stay and enjoyed our fantastic location in the heart of Cherry Grove. I am however very sorry that you did not find the mattress in the unit to be very comfortable, I of course know how important a good night of sleep is while on vacation and do want to inform you that each room is slightly different due to being owned by individual homeowners. I will certainly have the bedding int he unit you were in checked out and make any necessary suggestions that are needed. We look forward to having the opportunity to host you and your family again and hope that you continue to choose Prince Resort for all of your lodging needs in the North Myrtle Beach area.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our first time staying at Prince Resort. The staff was nice but there are a few issues that will keep me from returning such as hazards and cleanliness. The rooftop lazy river had some kind of sharp object in it which sliced open several children's toes. My daughter lifted the fitted sheet on one of the double beds and there was a giant yellow stain on the mattress cover that wasn't from us. It looked like a urine stain. I'm not sure how long it had been there but housekeeping didn't seem to concerned. There are three elevators in the main building and one was always broke down! It sometimes took 20-30 minutes just to get up or down from the 15th floor. In some cases we resorted to using the stairs. We've stayed at several places in Myrtle Beach and this one is definitely near the bottom of the list!

Dear Jaxncrealtor,

Thank you so much for sharing your frustrations and concerns with us. I do want to say that I have not received any complaints of any children or adults having their feet sliced open in our lazy river or any other water amenities and I have also checked with our engineering department and they also have not had any record of this happening. If you had a moment I would love to speak with you about the incident and when it took place because an accident of that manner is very concerning to me and the entire staff here at Prince. I look forward to speaking with you at your convenience, and hope that you have a great weekend.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is the second time we have visited Prince Resort , We have been here several times before and stayed at number of resorts and found that the Prince Resort has full service to the rooms and we look at how clean the rooms are after the maids come in and they do a real good service also the pool area is clean and watched by the help there ,it seems that they care for their Quality. The Ocean view was as nice as on the beach. even though we stay across from the other Prince Resort , 18-floor nice view well worth it again to stay there again. Branden

Room Tip: The parking is in the same Building , Which is better if you go shopping to bring up your gifts from...
2  Thank Branden R

Dear Branden R,

Thank you so much for your review of the Prince Resort as well as your continued support and patronage. I am very happy that you had a great time and will be sure to let the housekeeping staff know they did a great job. We look forward to having you back with us again and hope you and your family have a great rest of your summer.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The suites are very nice and the view is superb. Just a few things that we did not receive on this stay that we received before. We did not receive any toiletries/linens other than what we received on check in during the week long stay without asking. The survey asked about daily housekeeping, but we only received it once during the week. This is what we expected to receive, but last stay we received over and beyond on the tolietries and housekeeping. I would definitely stay here again, but it seems something is slipping.

2  Thank Wanda F

Dear Wanda F,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay, I am very happy to see that you enjoyed the fantastic view that our units do offer. I do also want to apologize that the unit lacked enough toiletries and linens and do hope that we were able to get this resolved for you in a quick and efficient manner. Thank you again for sharing your comments, and I look forward to having the opportunity to serve you and your family again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#2 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#4 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
#16 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
#1 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach

Been to The Prince Resort? Share your experiences!