“Good time”

The Prince Resort
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good time”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Hat's off to Zac for saving the day. After having a bad experience in a ocean view condo he was able to move us into a luxury 2 bedroom condo. Then he called back to see if he could do anything else.Customer service was excellent and friendly. Remember if you get a ocean view get on a high enough floor (11th or above) so you can at least open your curtains and are not staring directly into the parking garage or street below.

1 Thank Kay H
Zach F, Front Office Manager at The Prince Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Kay H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on your stay with us. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your new room and that I was able to make a difference in your stay. I hope that you do decide to choose the Prince Resort at the Cherry Grove Pier again in the future, and I look forward to having the chance to serve you and your family again.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
Boothwyn, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel was very nice. Everything was very clean, the people that worked there always said hi or good morning. Pools were clean, We didnt get a chance to have a dinner or lunch at the restaurant inside but we did have dinner at the restrauant outside and it was very good a little pricey of 22.00 for 2 hamburgers with fries but it was good.

Room Tip: Room 1006 was right near the elevators, nice to get everything on and off when coming in or leaving...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bachus88
Zach F, Front Office Manager at The Prince Resort, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear bachus88,

Thank you so much for your comments on your recent stay with us. I am very happy to see that you had a great stay and that our staff was very welcoming and friendly to you and your family. We certainly try very hard to make all of our guests feel like family while with us. We cant wait to have the chance to serve you and yours again and hope that you continue to choose the Prince Resort.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Our attitude going into this hotel was realistically hopeful. We knew that it wouldn't be the most luxurious place we'd ever been, but were hoping for space, cleanliness and utility. Consequently, we were very happy with the results. Tower One condo was exactly as pictured, no more and no less, corner unit afforded lots more light and great views from everywhere, and full kitchen allowed us to bring our own wine, beer and some food to keep expenses down.

We especially enjoyed the fairly roomy ocean front balcony (available from both the master and the living room) and it's views. Pool was filled with children, (predictable) and beach was active but not crowded. Fun to buy a day pass to the pier and watch all the fishermen.

Housekeeping was attentive (a manager checked in to make sure) and the front desk also checked in with us a few hours into our first day to make sure we were happy (we were). We are empty nesters so really appreciated the quieter style of the northern end of myrtle beach. We drove around and looked at other properties in this area but none seemed as nice as this so we'll definitely be back! Very relaxing experience.

Room Tip: Avoid checking in right at 4:00 if you can. Bit of a traffic jam in the ground area of tower one.
2 Thank szy_13
Dear szy_13,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We strive to ensure that all of our guests are comfortable and satisfied while with us which is why you received the calls checking up. I am very happy to see that your expectations were met, and that you will be returning. We look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

The pictures this resort posts on line are decieving. You should be ashamed of your selves. The gym and lazy river you so proudly display are at best a joke. The equipment in the gym is completely out of date and inadequate. the lazy river is no more than tiny winding wading pool. Your pictures make it look bigger. Our kids were so disappointed. The elevators were horribly slow and reaked of a stench. the carpet is dirty and the pull out couch was so filthy I refused to let my family sleep on it. the fcurniture was filthy. The staff in the office at Elliot Realty were rude and impatient. the refrigerator in our room never did work even though we called three times to have it fixed. We lost over two hundred dollars worth of food. The parking there is a nightmare. We saved for a year to go on vacation and we are horribly disappointed with our stay. We will never book another stay here nor will we ever use Elliot Realty again. I plan to write letters and reviews on every website I can find about how terrible both Prince Resorts and Elliot Realty are.

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank tricar7
Zach F, Front Office Manager at The Prince Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear tricar7,

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay at Prince Resort through Elliott Realty. I am very sorry that your vacation was not as great as it should have been, but did want to address some of the issues you experienced so that you and all of our other guests understand that is not our standard here at Prince Resort.
Unfortunately because the unit was not rented through Prince Resort, we can not enter those units to make sure that the cleanliness and quality of the room are consistent with what we have to offer. I can however assure you that our housekeeping staff is great at what they do and work very hard to keep all of our public areas and units clean, and I can assure you that our staff is very friendly and welcoming. We pride ourselves on treating all of our guests like extended family. I hope that you do decide to give us another chance and welcome you booking your next reservation with me and anyone on my staff. I can promise you that your experience with us will certainly be different the second time around. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me anytime, and I look forward to having you back with us in the future.

843-417-1300 ext 7160
zach.frazier@discoverprinceresort.com
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Families, surfers, fishermen, old and young - great spot to hang and watch the waves. Stayed in Unit 909, two bed room, two bath, corner ocean view. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Unit was well maintained and clean. There are two towers here, we stayed in 3500 on the beach right next to the Cherry Grove Pier. There is another tower just across Ocean Blvd. over the parking structure that also has a pool. Found this place via tripadvisor reviews-many thanks!!!

2 Thank jji-den
Dear jjji-den,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us here at the Prince Resort. I am very happy to see that you had a great time and got to see the many people who enjoy spending the day at or around the Prince. We hope that you continue to choose the Prince Resort at the Cherry Grove Pier and cant wait to have the opportunity to host you and yours again in the future.

Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was our second stay at Prince Resort. We were very pleased with our first stay. The room was as expected until I made the pull out bed for my youngest son. When I put the blanket from the closet on the bed, sand went everywhere. Some one from a prior stay must have used the blanket on the beach. This made me doubt the cleanliness of the whole room. Are the linens not checked between visitors? My son refused to sleep on the bed after this so I just waited to check out to voice my concern. I was disappointed when the manager checking me out gave me his card and said he would make it up to me during our next visit. So, in other words, this wont be fixed unless I visit Prince Resort again. I am in the customer service business and this just doesnt make sense to me. If you have a problem, it should be fixed when the problem occurs. I have no guarantee this employee will even be working for Prince Resort next time I visit. I do not intend to visit Myrtle Beach next year. I am disappointed. Not so much about the dirty blanket but by how it was handled. And if Wi-Fi is important to you, you may want to ask about the connection for the room you have. We were only able to use it in the small bedroom (not in the common area or the master bed room). This was a big inconvenience.

Room Tip: Ask about Wi-Fi availability for your chosen room.
3 Thank Donna B
Zach F, Front Office Manager at The Prince Resort, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Donna B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us. We certainly rely on guest feedback, whether it is positive or negative there is always something that we can continue to improve on. As I stated when you checked out and through email correspondence the reason that I offered to compensate you for the unsatisfactory cleanliness on a future stay was in no way to force you to re-book with Prince, but as a way to be able to offer you more compensation for your troubles. When I checked you out and offered the future compensation, you did seem okay with this and didn't balk at the idea. I wish that I was aware that you were unhappy so that I could have resolved the situation to your satisfaction. In regards to me possibly not being employed here at Prince during your future stay, I did place a note with your reservation that will be there anytime you make another reservation with us or any of our sister properties. As previously stated I am very sorry that your stay was not up to yours or my standards and I genuinely hope that I have the chance to make this stay up to you. Please feel free to contact me anytime with any questions or concerns, and I hope that you and yours have a great summer.

843-417-1300 ext. 7160
zach.frazier@discoverprinceresort.com
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Prince Resort is wonderful! My view was spectacular, aside from the pier restaurant being in the way because I was on the 4th floor. I recommend going much, much higher, if you get the chance. I don't like that parking is at the other building but if that's the sacrifice I have to make to stay in paradise, so be it!

1 Thank Tracy M
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
#13 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
#2 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach

Been to The Prince Resort? Share your experiences!