“loved it”
Review of Crescent Keyes

Crescent Keyes
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have been going to North Myrtle Beach for the passed 10 years. I tried many places and found Crescent Keyes to be one of the best! I think what people need to know is every rental may have a different Realtor and that means different cleaning people, and so on! We use Condolux and every room was clean! And I own a cleaning co. so i check everything. Its really depends on who they deal with! The WORST PLACE TO STAY IS PRINCE RESORTS! DOWN RIGHT GROSS! And Again maybe the other rooms were different but you couldnt pay me to stay there. I didnt go throw condolux we went through someone else! They tried to find us a better place but again every place we saw wass dirty! That falls on the trash people that clean the rooms! We stayed in 902 in Crescent Keyes and it was clean and had towels and sheets, THats the one thing i dont like is not having the option to bring your own stuff( I always do anyway) but i still had to pay. Other Realtor allow you to choose! Love it everytime we go! And Thank You Condolux for having nice places. Thanks Mary ( stayed 8/25/2012-9/1/2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
CondoLux-Rentals, Guest Relations Manager at Crescent Keyes, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Awww Thanks, Mary! It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and thank you for dropping by to share your positive experience with CondoLux. We look forward to seeing you at the beach again soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

The condo was OK, but the overall experience was not. There were several maintenance issues, such as the oven smoking and a headboard banging against the wall anytime the occupant rolled over in bed. The managing company sent someone the next day. When we came back from a day out, the headboard was still loose and the oven hadn't been fixed. The company called to check on the repairs and was told nothing was done. Nothing further was done.

When we made the reservation, we asked about the smoking policy and was assured that all units were non-smoking. What they failed to mention was that other units not controlled by the company might have smokers. We wound up having to leave a day early (no refund, of course) because there were smokers adjacent, and smoke came into the condo in billows. Towels were saturated with smoke smell, as were our clothes. The company ought to explain the situation to people who take the trouble to ask about smoking.

The company wants to keep an open credit card slip in case of damages. I can understand that they want to protect themselves, but there is no protection for the renter. They won't do an inspection at the time of check-out, but when they get around to it. I have never rented anywhere that does this. I have rented apartments all over the world.

The setting and general building condition were fine, but I wouldn't rent here again.

Room Tip: The company manages individually-owned units. There is no consistency in furnishings, from what the...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank westysc
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed in unit 1006 on a Friday-Tuesday vacation. It was a one bedroom unit. We loved it. It was all the room we wanted or needed. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room because we were on the beach. Which is why we went on vacation in the first place. We loved drinking our coffee on the balcony listening to the waves of the ocean and watching the people stroll the beach. This place was definitely quiet! We wouldn't have known we had neighbors if we hadn't have run into them accidentally while leaving the beach. We came well prepared And took a quick inventory of our room and picked up what we needed at the local Kroger which we had to visit anyway. We did not need any assistance from the staff and could care less about the lobby. Parking was never a problem. The Condolux people are first class and we were in and out in under 10 minutes!!!! This was an absolute flawless vacation! A definite do again! We went to old myrtle beach area and stayed 2 hours And couldn't wait to leave that dumpy part of the beach! The pools were good but we came to swim in the ocean, we can swim in a pool anywhere else. This place is definitely top notch and the hospitality of the locals is un-matched!!!! Thank you NMB and Condolux.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank TampicoMafia
CondoLux-Rentals, Guest Relations Manager at Crescent Keyes, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

From everyone here at CondoLux - we wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us.

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We booked through condolux to stay here a week. The sink and shower in the second bath don't drain, the fan in the master bath is broken, the ironing board is broken, the carpet is stained and filthy, the window in the second bedroom won't open, there are no hangers, the shower in the 2nd bath has a nasty shower curtain, the cleaning is not up to my standards, mold in master shower, frying pans were dirty, washer/dryer makes a funny noise, very few dishes, all the cooking utensils are melted and dirty. The towels and sheets are horrible quality, vey thin and rough. We were given two keys-one of which didn't work. There were no luggage carts when we got here. Staff wasn't very helpful or friendly. No staff on site if you need something. We did put a work order in for the bath tub. It was fixed within 36 hours. Shouldn't be called luxury.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Brittney H

Brittney, I'd like to start off by apologizing for the issues you had with Crescent Keyes, Unit #1011 during your stay in September.

There is absolutely no excuse for the condition of the unit during your vacation. I want personally reassure you that each and every single issue that you reported, and even some of those that you did not report - have been identified and corrected to ensure a positive experience for future guests.

With that being said, we continue to stand behind the quality of Crescent Keyes Resort, as well as the quality of unit #1011. Crescent Keyes is one of the nicest oceanfront resorts in North Myrtle Beach, and over 85% of the guests that reserve units there are repeat customers who have specifically requested to stay there.

It is in our opinion that a few minor cosmetic issues shouldn't warrant such a harsh review, but we've taken notice of your experience - and will use it to further improve the quality of product/service we provide our guests with.

Thank you for staying with us, we hope that despite the issues you had during your stay - CondoLux is able earn your trust and business again in the future.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

This was our first time staying at Crescent Keyes. We're a family of 4 with 2 little children (ages 7 & 4) so we chose a 2 bedroom unit. I picked unit 703 because it looked bright & cheery online... and it looked like a good fit for little kids because it's decorated in a "surfing" theme. However, I was a little disappointed when we entered the unit for the first time. First of all, the Condolux website boasts that this unit has new carpet in 2012, and then shows several pictures. Well, the carpet pictured on the website is the old carpet. There is NO carpet at all in the entryway, kitchen or den... it is all tile. The new carpet is in the bedrooms only. My first reaction was that this was not the unit I had pictured in my mind (from what I saw online), and I would've never booked it if I saw pictures of the unit being all tile. I'm very picky about where we stay, and I want to feel like I'm in a "nice" place. Tile to me is kind of cold and uninviting. Also, the decor could be updated. I love the color of the bright red sofa, and as I mentioned before, the surfing theme. However, I think it's time to update to bright NEW furniture, and more decor in the master bedroom. OK, pickiness set aside... I have really enjoyed our week at Crescent Keyes, and have even come to adore our little 2 bedroom condo. :-) The outdoor amenities at Crescent Keyes are a bit nicer than those at Crescent Shores (where we stayed last year) just due to the detail... beautiful palm trees all around! We didn't have any trouble finding chairs at the pool everyday, but it would be great if they got more of them. There's plenty of room for more to be added, and I know they did fill up during the day (plus, we visit late in the season so I imagine it's worse during mid-Summer). We did have some electrical problems in our unit with the lighting in the bathrooms, but we didn't take the time to complain or have anyone try to fix the problem. All in all, this is definitely a great place to stay, and we WILL be back to Crescent Keyes. I'm not sure if we will rent unit 703 again, but if you're looking for a reasonably priced place to stay for a family of 4 or 5, this unit will suit you just fine!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lora H
CondoLux-Rentals, Guest Relations Manager at Crescent Keyes, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Lora, It was an absolute pleasure speaking with you via e-mail. We appreciate you taking the time to inform us of the minor issues you had during your stay. Shortly after our conversation I investigated your concerns a little further and discovered that: the electrical issues were fixed immediately after your departure and we are in the process of updating our website with new pictures that reflect the tile in the entrance, hallway and living room. It was our pleasure to have you and your family as our guest and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

As for all the people that put your towels on the limited pool chairs, your towels will still be in the spot you left them. As for the chair it's mine and I will move the chair to another spot. Have fun trying to find the chair. The chairs are not reservable.
The building and room I stayed in are great and that's why we are returning Aug. 25' 2012. I will follow up after our stay. Until then enjoy

Room Tip: Check the reviews
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
CondoLux-Rentals, Guest Relations Manager at Crescent Keyes, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Mary, we hope you had an enjoyable time during your visit to N. Myrtle in August of 2012. As for the situation with the beach chairs - we completely agree! In 2013 we will actively be working with the on-site HOA & property management company that is responsible for the pool chairs to see that they add a few extra for Summer 2013. Thank you for staying with CondoLux and we look forward to having you as our guest again!

Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed at Crescent Keyes in the beginning of May 2012. We had a good stay. It was easy checking in to the condo as there was someone from Condolux stationed right in the building. The condo was equipped with everything we needed and we didn't have any problems with furniture or appliance maintenance or anything like that. The pools were all in great shape. Everyone in our family enjoyed them, especially the indoor pool. The one downside is that the pools are only open until 10 PM (and there was someone there every night to rope them off) and I think it would be nice to just have a 24 hour pool because it is swim at your own risk anyways, so why not just let people swim when they want. The views of the ocean are wonderful.

I would recommend this condo to anyone I know. We loved our stay there and we will be back!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank dbsr15
CondoLux-Rentals, Guest Relations Manager at Crescent Keyes, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

It was so nice to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience with others. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we certainly look forward to seeing you again in the future. Until then, we'll save a spot on the beach for you!