“Terry the Starter on the course needs to be fired!”

Tidewater Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: With its classic yet contemporary design, the course offers thrilling rewards to shot makers who take chances, use proper course management, and welcome challenges.We are very honored to be the most awarded of all South Carolina and North Myrtle Beach Golf courses. We thank all our guest for visiting and playing golf with us.We are growing and now offering the best value and service for your next Myrtle Beach golf vacation packages. We look forward to seeing you.
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Great golf course and the outside service was top notch. Terry the Starter was not the southern hospitality I am use to receiving. Ten minutes after our scheduled tee time, standing on the range between holes 1 and 10, we went to hole 10 as we are not from around here and turned around to go to hole 1, Terry was irate and started our round on a sour note. After getting to hole 1 everything was pleasant and the course was outstanding, not thanks to Terry!

1  Thank Wiit56

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Third round of the week here in MB and decided to try this course based on reputation and awards. Two slightly better than bogey golfers accustomed to nice courses and early tee times. Greeted at the bag drop by two very friendly guys and check in, bag loading, and direction to driving range went very smoothly. Hit a handful of complimentary range balls, putted a little, and were shown to the first tee by the starter who gave basic but adequate instructions and we were off.

First the good. No complaints about the condition of the course as it was really in excellent shape except for some soggy areas but this is the Lowcountry so that was to be expected. The layout is truly beautiful and takes advantage of the natural topography with carries over marsh and several holes along the water. Stunning really.

Still the day was not really fun for us unlike other courses we have played this week. The hole locations were just brutal especially when combined with the number of bunkers (both fairway and green side), the firmness of the greens and finally the speed of the greens. Don't know if the course was being prepped for a tournament but on the whole it was just too difficult to be enjoyable for us. This round felt like work so much that by the time we reached about #16 we were ready to pack it in. I think this course is potentially excellent for a low handicap player but was just too tough and relentless for a mid to high handicapper even with just one ball in the hazard all day.

I won't go back to Tidewater when we visit next year. There are just as nice courses along the Intracoastal that are a more reasonable challenge for a golfer of my skill level.

1  Thank PagsTX
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Had the pleasure of playing Tidewater on my recent vacation. What a great course! Excellent condition along with absolutely beautiful scenery! A must play!

3  Thank Jgerry
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I really liked the holes on this course, lots of variety - the GPS was first rate. The only downer was that the greens were choppy. We were told by the starter that due to the cold spring, they were not grown in yet and he was correct.

I would play this course again, would be a good buy at 75, we payed 100 including a sleeve of ProVI and lunch ticket.

2  Thank Dagolfnut
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I booked my vacation through Tidewater Golf Vacations Last May and when I lost my receipt they promptly emailed me a new one. The Condo was very eloquent and definitely made it seem like a perfect little golf get-away. I enjoyed my time there and really wanted to indulge in some great golfing experience. I'm not the greatest golfer in the world; 17 handicap. I played my first round of golf at the surf club and then Tidewater golf club. After playing my second round at Tidewater I knew I didn't want to play anywhere else besides there. I highly recommend playing this golf course if you are into golf.

Bob Roselli