“The Reuben is good”

Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

To me this was a unique find on the beach. Irish pub food doesn't strike me as beach food but it is very good. We were here in March and most of Myrtle Beach felt empty.

Its really a bar on the beach that serves irish food. The food is good

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Ate here the day we arrived at the beach. After the long, harsh winter we experienced up north in Pa, we really enjoyed being able to sit out on the balcony for our lunch. Wait staff was attentive and accommodating. All of us enjoyed our entrees, including fish and chips, which was very tasty. Laid back beach vibe was very relaxing on this early spring day. I would go back here, no question.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Since this was the off-season the place was not very busy. That said we had a nice table with a great ocean view. I had a Clam Chowder that was served piping hot with a fresh clam taste. My wife had the open faced Ruben with large slices of corned beef with a splendid slaw that not only had taste but some lovely texture as well. I ordered the fish and chips and I was not disappointed, the fish was moist and hot the chips were hot and tasty. I could wax poetic over the Guinness Stout on a cold day in the south but I fear I would be being redundant. The server was helpful and did a very nice job taking care of us. All in all a very nice experience.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

There was a group of 8 of us at this bar for St. Patty's day. On the dance floor there was a very dangerously intoxicated young lady who was being taken advantage of by a few gentleman. The dancing was highly inappropriate and hands were down each others pants. A few of us told security to help this girl and they refused, saying "she is doing nothing wrong." I then proceeded to tell the manager of the bar that this was occurring and I was told it was security's job to handle it. This bar does not take care of it's patrons or this over intoxicated young lady. I was highly offended by the security and I would never recommend this bar to anyone with moral values towards the proper care of intoxicated patrons.

1  Thank the891
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Of all of the restaurants we visited in North Myrtle Beach, this would definitely be rated at the bottom of the list. Dark, dreary atmosphere, and a waiter who did not have the time for us... And then there was the food itself:

I had the shepherds pie, which was small, bland and had a consistency of having gone through a blender... Appeared to have just come out of the microwave. My wife had the fish sandwich, which was a microwaved fish stick on a hard dry hamburger bun, with no condiments provided. And the prices were extremely high for what we received.

If you just want a beer, then this place is OK, but you will want to head elsewhere for a meal.