“Vacation”

Fat Harold's Beach Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Dance Club where swing is king.
Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

Ocean Drive Beach in North Myrtle Beach South Carolina was my favorite place to visit as a teenager and young adult. Fat Harold’s Beach Club has kept the flavor from that bye gone day, featuring Shag Music that was so popular in the 1960’s.

All reviews
"beginners"
in 3 reviews
"movie"

Reviewed June 26, 2018

Having always wanted to learn how to Shag Dance since I saw the movie, SHAG, in high school, my family humored my desire to visit Fat Harold's on a Tuesday when free dance lessons were provided. I was so glad they did as I thought it was the most fun! Two experienced and award-winning Shag dancers provided the simple instruction and the lesson lasted about an hour and a half. We were taught the basic steps and were encouraged to stick around after the lesson ended to try out what we'd learned. Drinks were sold for reasonable prices and bar food could be purchased from the Grill up front. All ages are welcome until 11 when it becomes 21-and over. Our 9 year old felt comfortable there and even participated in the lesson until his attention and interest for it ran out. DVDs from the instructor could be purchased and the hospitality we felt there was genuine. I was very happy to visit and it will be a place, if I can convince my family of such, I will want to return on another trip to Myrtle Beach. It was the MOST FUN!

Reviewed June 10, 2018

My dancing partner
and I go here from time to time. Different Age groups. shag lessons on
Tuesday. Two dance areas to dance or watch people. No cover. People are very friendly but get there early on weekend to get good paking in the summer. Wear comfortable shoes. A very fun place

Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

If you have never been to this iconic place, you should go. The music is good, drinks are not overly pricey, and you can watch some amazing shaggers, and even learn the dance yourself.