“Great view and oceanfront. Clean away from crowd.”

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Westwinds
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great view and oceanfront. Clean away from crowd.”
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

We only stayed or one night while waiting to check in to our condo for the week but I wish we could have stayed here. Hardly any crowd and the view was amazing. We had a one bedroom oceanfront and we left the sliding ocean front doors open all night. We were so close to ocean the breeze was amazing to wake up too. Large balcony and such a friendly place. You can tell the same people return often. We loved it.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank wonderwall3

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

We arrived to stay 9/2-9/7 we had a two bedroom deluxe room. Very pleased. Provided everything u would need to cook meals, cups from coffee mugs to wine glasses. And we did eat majority of meals in room :) fun activities to par take in... bingo,trivia, morning pool fitness, and social hour at four (on certain days). Great location to have a beach day or pool it up. Also close to grocery store, wal mart for last minute things u may need! Also close to the many attractions this area has to offer. Book your next trip here! :)

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank h0nstycnts
denville nj
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed from 8/24 to 8/31/2012. We arrived 4 hours before check in. They told us that our room 206 was not ready. We went to have lunch and came back to the office. Our room was still not ready so they switched us to the 4th floor. Thank god.. I would have been mad if we were on floor 2 as your entrance to your room would have been from the 2nd deck parking garage. The Condo was Ocean view and.... no we are not owners for Wyndham. We traded through RCI. We had a beautiful view of the ocean. The Condo was very nice. We are owners at Palace resorts in Mexico and are used to 6 Star accommodations. This room was very clean and nice for our Myrtle Beach vacation. The staff were top notch. EVERYONE was very nice and accommodating. My family consisted of My husband and I, our 22 year old son and his 23 year old girlfriend, and our 18 and 8 year old sons. My husband and I had the master bedroom with private bathroom and doors to deck. My son and girlfriend had the 2nd bedroom with 2 single beds. My 18 year old slept on the pull out couch and our 8 year old slept on a blow up mattress in living room. In the kitchen you had everything you needed. I tried finding something that they were missing and could not. They had everything you would need to cook anything.. Pool was nice but not somewhere you would send your pre-teen alone. from the pool you had to cross the parking lot to the elevator. Very dangerous if not accompanied by an adult. Plenty of parking. Bottom garage, top deck and 2 lots across the street. The beech was absolutely gorgeous. Very warm. Waves a little ruff but not crowded at this time of the year.No pressure whats so ever about Wyndham time share, We met Sean and he was truley a gentlemen. I saw him do things with guests that was truly above and beyond.. Extra kudos to Sarah, I felt like I knew her forever. I wish I knew the front desk peoples name. 3 Caucasians and 1 african american woman. They were all superb. The 2 arts and crafts woman were the best. My son did 2 arts and crafts projects with them and we played bingo. Do not believe any negative BS from other people. This place was nice and the staff were great!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank aqwnbee
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed at Westwinds for just 1 night. Moved from Wyndham Towers of Grove (because we can't get 1 more night stay there due to the high season), it was a quite difference.

Westwinds is conveniently located on beach front so that was great. The pool area is a tiny space right in the parking area. It was out dated, ran down and definitely need some renovation. There is a small pool and a hot tub. That's pretty much it.

We stayed at room 701, a corner unit with 2 bedrooms and 2 ensuite bath rooms. So good privacy. Big sitting and living area, with a fair size full kitchen.

There is 1 king size bed room, and 1 2-twin-bed room, so if you have over 6 people, you need to pull out the sofa bed in the living room.

The air conditioning is loud, the bath room fan is loud. The sound proof was poor. I can hear people banging the door and the furniture moving upstairs.

Location is more closer to Tanger outlet mall and airport. so that is good.

Staff were friendly. They were able to let us check in at noon even though the regular check in time was 2pm. Everything else is Wyndham standard.

I was glad we only stayed 1 night before leaving for home. I wouldn't choose this place next time unless they do some serious upgrading of the building.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank EMMW232431
Beckley, West Virginia
Reviewed July 21, 2012

As a new owner with Wyndham I was frustrated when I could not get scheduled at a bigger resort due to no vacancies. I booked at Wyndham Westwinds apprehensively since this was the oldest of all the MB properties. I was pleasantly surprised. From check-in to check-out these people were soooo nice and professional. Customer service is a very serious concept at this resort. The 2 BR oceanfront room was nice, not fabuous but very clean and well-stocked. There was no TV in the 2nd BR and no flat screen but I did not come to the beach for TV anyway. The oceanfront view was AMAZING!!! I am very hard to please, the resort we stayed in last year had to show me 4 suites before I found one acceptable. The beach was really close to the hotel, and very clean. The outdoor pool area is small but the true indoor pool is quite nice. The activities program has something every day for both kids and adults and the activities personnel Ariel was absolutely wonderful!!! I loved the quiet atmosphere and personal attention we received. I will definitely be returning there with my family!

Room Tip: Check in on Sunday for the best view of the beach, as this is when they book the 9th and 10th floors...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank dizzymomx3
Rougemont,NC
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Spent a week here in May. Place is clean, and we had an ocean front room. The view was very nice. Located on the North end of Myrtle Beach so less crowded and easier to drive around. Parking was not an issue. Well decorated, but bathrooms could use some updating. Also,, no TV in the second bedroom. Overall, a good place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank ikner005
Charlotte NC
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I made reservations 7/11 to stay at this property for 6 nights 5/12 to 5/18/2012. I figured that that was enough time to get a good unit. I own thru Wyndham, so I wasn't expecting a unit overlooking walls and the street! I've stayed here in the past with wonderful memories, but this was so bad I left after 1 1/2 hours! If I'd paid cash I'd have really been upset. You should be advised if you're in units ending in 01 or 02 because I wouldn't pay one cent to look at walls or Ocean Blvd.

Room Tip: Demand to know the room number. Avoid units ending in 01 or 02
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo