“beautiful day on the water....that was the best part”

Voyager Fishing Charters
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I won't go into the fact that I had a sea sick child who hardly fished, or that we were almost late, that won't factor into why it was just an average experience. My family and I had been wanting to take a fishing trip, but most were so expensive, this was $35 for a half a day, so it was the most reasonable. We didn't really know what to expect for that, but were looking forward to it anyway. The boat was large, but so packed to the gills with people, you had about 12-18 inches to fish in. elbow to elbow, and if you wanted to move to a different spot, forget it, too many people, and not enough space to walk around them to another spot. There was no casting, just dropping of lines, I will say most people caught quite a few fish, they put us in good spots, most were catching two fish at a time, but majority were too small to keep, so it was catch and release. Mainly we caught sea bass. I only saw one other type of fish, some kind of "blue fish". I mean, it was fun, don't get me wrong. We love being out on the water. It was a gorgeous day, but don't expect to catch any crazy large fish, or anything really interesting...probably won't...at least we didn't see anyone get anything cool. The crew was really helpful, they pull fish off the lines, and they will bait your hooks for you, they also have a little "cafe" with hot dogs and drinks, chips and snacks that were reasonably priced. ($1-4). It was nice, but the crowd made it less fun. I doubt we would do it again, but it was a good experience, and different from much of the other activities in Myrtle Beach. Oh, and also, you only fish about 2.5 hours, the rest of the time was spent riding out and in.

All reviews
"galley"
"seas"
"vessel"

Reviewed April 11, 2014

My son and I participated in a half-day fishing charter. We went on a Thursday during April (Spring Break) and there were about 16 other people on board. The crew was great, very friendly. We caught several fish but only had one keeper. This is the perfect charter for the average family who can't/doesn't want to spend hundreds on a charter. It was $65 for my son and I. It was worth much more! This was a great memory for us and we will definitely be back the next time we are in Myrtle Beach. (They fish after driving approx. an hour out to sea. You get to spend the rest of your time fishing. We took the 8:00 a.m. tour and were back to shore around 1:00 p.m.)

Reviewed March 23, 2014

They took us up the river, showed us a couple of dolphins thirty feet away. I've seen more dolphins from our balcony. You could barely see them! Then they took us about a half mile and threw in a net for about 5 minutes and pulled it up and showed us the small fish they caught. That was it. Then they had the nerve to pass around a hat and ask for money for the crew. It was a total joke. Save your cash!

1  Thank Kate R
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Was a very slow day for the fish. We moved around alot needless to say to try to find a good area. My husband lost his stomach over and over the whole trip - no thanks to dramamine LOL. The kids (4) and I had a blast! We would definitely go again and recommend to anyone! (1/2 day trip) Thank you to the crew for fileting our fish and being so nice and understanding!