“North Myrtle Vacation”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Bathroom I
Backyard II
Will Sing for a Ride!  Ha!
Exterior Front - Boys on Christmas Watch
Ocean Freedom
Walking on Sunshine
Blue Skys
Walking on Sunshine
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Shelbyville, Illinois
“North Myrtle Vacation”
Reviewed October 5, 2018 for a stay in September 2018
person found this review helpful

Enjoyed 5 sun-filled days in NMB staying at Ocean Pups with husband and our pup Willa. The property is exactly as pictured and was perfect for our family! Loved the large back yard that had a secure privacy fence and didn't have to worry about Willa. Renting the golf cart made it so much easier for our trips to the beach. Unfortunately our stay was cut short due to mandatory evacuation r/t hurricane Florence. We left in such a hurry that we left my tote full of clothes in the house! Greg was so nice to retrieve it and shipped it to me! Looking forward to a return visit---minus the hurricane! This trip was very important to me as I had just recovered from head and neck cancer and chemo and radiation treatment. This place and the trip was just what the Doctor ordered!

Date of stay: September 2018
sarahd072...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful vacation home!”
Reviewed July 9, 2018 for a stay in July 2018

The house was wonderful! Extremely dog and kid friendly. We loved the large fenced in yard with the beautiful landscape. It was also a short and manageable walk to the beach. We would highly recommend this rental and will definitely stay here again the next time we are visiting Myrtle Beach!

Date of stay: July 2018
Labpak3
New Lenox, Illinois
“Dogs love it”
Reviewed April 19, 2018 for a stay in April 2018
people found this review helpful

This was our 3rd stay, so that should say enough about how we feel about this rental and its location by the beach. Our dogs always have a great time, so that sells this vacation option for us every time.

Date of stay: April 2018
Your age range 35-49
John and...
“Great pet-friendly home rental.”
Reviewed February 25, 2018 for a stay in February 2018
people found this review helpful

Great location to beach access and to restaurants/entertainment. Sidewalks available for short walk to beach access. House had very easy access for pets, very nice yard both front and back. Great fenced in back yard for pet play. Lawn condition excellent for pets. Interior decor was very nice. All necessary kitchen appliances and utensils were present, house was very well maintained, and in a quiet neighborhood. We highly recommend this house for pet owners.

Date of stay: February 2018
Your age range 50-64
Joe G
“Great !”
Reviewed January 15, 2018 for a stay in January 2018
person found this review helpful

Had a great time, exactly as advertised, everything went smooth as possible. Would definitely stay again!!

Date of stay: January 2018
Mona E
Spruce Pine, North Carolina
“BEWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS!”
Reviewed October 10, 2017 for a stay in October 2017
people found this review helpful

After wrestling with whether I should publish this review, I have decided to do so. We all need to look out for one another and leave honest heartfelt facts. Below is the actual message that I left for Greg after returning home from Ocean Pups on 10-6-17.

Mona Eggers 4 days ago
Hi Greg,
I'm extremely sorry to say that our third visit to Ocean Pups was terrible. You may remember that before I booked for the first time I asked you if there were roaches or bed bugs and you said no. Well, let me tell you that your house is crawling with huge, flying roaches!! To say that I am paranoid of roaches would be an understatement! I could go into full cardiac arrest at what we experienced at your rental. After taking the garbage out on our third night, I couldn't count the roaches that were on and inside the garbage cans. My mistake was not leaving then. Instead, our dog found one right under the couch we were sitting on and later one was in the shower stall. By then it was 10 pm and too late to drive home. So, I sat there......while my husband grabbed a few hours. Greg, should 70 year old people be subjected to the filth of roaches? We packed our car at 3:30 am for the 6 1/2 hour drive home. What are you thinking? Obviously, the pest control people are not doing their job and neither are you. All the way home I was afraid we might be bringing roaches home, or that one would be inside the car and on me. Once home everything was dumped out in the driveway and checked for bugs before bringing our items into our house. Even though I am home I still have tightness in my chest and may need to visit after hours. You need better pest controls, a cleaner house, fill in the holes, get the garbage cans as far away from the house as possible, and please refund my deposit that I have paid for Sept 2018.
Regards,
Mona Eggers
Greg views Palmetto bugs as harmless “water bugs and they are not roaches.” Really? No! They are 2 inch long flying ROACHES! So I guess it’s ok to have huge flying bugs in your house? NOT IN MY WORLD!
When I first retired to North Carolina from MI, a local told me that I was in for a culture shock. Boy, was he right! However, I have lived in the south for 10 years now and have my house treated by pest control on a quarterly basis. There is no need, I do not, nor have I ever had, any bug issues and don’t want any. I always walk around as pest control treats my home and make sure they are doing their job. I take care of any issues BEFORE I have a problem. Greg and Tina are good people that have, in my opinion, not taken all precautionary measures needed. Perhaps now that this has come to light... things will change. It’s a good house with a great fenced in yard for the pups and I am going to miss it. Please look for roaches BEFORE moving in for your stay.
10-10-2017 UPDATE: NO, I did not get my deposit back!

Date of stay: October 2017
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Oct 11, 2017
In our history of offering this beautiful, private, dog friendly home to guests outside of friends and family, this is the only negative review we've received. It was disappointing to hear this kind of complaint after this guest left instead of taking advantage of the personal relationship that Tina and I offer every one of our guests. The house is and has always been on a quarterly pest control maintenance program. It is also professionally cleaned before and after every guest check-in. If this guest would have called Tina or myself (our personal numbers and emails are always available to guests), we would have reacted the same way we did when we received this message: full deep clean and pest inspection while the current guest was in the home (who by the way reported no signs of this issue and was very appreciative of the fact we told them why we were doing it). Palmetto "water" bugs are native to coastal regions and are not a sign of filth. Even with the barriers created to protect the home, they can still cross over open doorway or window thresholds. They also die within hours after crossing the pest control barrier. Ocean Pups is our pride and joy. We've taken great lengths to make sure every guest has a wonderful stay and we will always continue to do this for all future guests. This guest was also refunded their full deposit from TripAdvisor (who holds these funds from time of receipt until the guest actually completes their stay), within a few days of their request. We respect our guests but we also expect the same of our guests. Give us a chance to react by informing us of any issue you might have instead of actually completing your stay and then complaining. Ocean Pups was created with great love and it is our pride and joy. It is an ocean home that was built for people who love their dogs as much as we do. Read the many previous great reviews and trust that Tina and I will always take care of anyone we allow to stay at this property. Thank you so much. ~Gregory :)
James H
“Dog heaven and within blocks to the beach”
Reviewed August 21, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

From the dog treats placed on the counter for our arrival, to the fenced in back yard, to a 4 block walk to the beach, this was a wonderful vacation home for my wife, our two dogs and myself.
The neighborhood that the house is located in appears to be safe and quiet.
With options of sitting outside under the side veranda, on the back yard patio or on the front porch --- outdoor life accessibility about the home is well thought out.
The outside shower is a wonderful solution to a day at the beach too !
We didn't need to use the golf cart - there is free parking near the beach access on 21st Street if you need it - and our dogs enjoyed the walk to the beach early each AM and then again later each evening (after 5 PM, but cooler temps after 6:30)
Inside, the house appeared to have had a recent refurbishing (as the owner noted) and was in good condition. Air conditioning kept up with the 95 degree heat wave during our stay. Lighting could be brighter, as even during daylight hours with the shades open the house was still a bit dark on the inside.
The keyless entry was very much appreciated- no lugging a house key back and forth to the beach !
There are many restaurants, pizza parlors, ice cream shops, trinket places , etc near by. Several gas stations are also very close to the home.
Consider a visit to Duplin Winery (Carolina wines - mostly sweet Muscadine grapes but somehow perfect for summer's enjoyment)
Kroger's and Walmart are within a 10 min drive from the house, and a large mall is only about 15 mins away.
Overall a great place to stay if you want to bring your dogs with you on vacation as we do.
We enjoyed a fantastic dinner at Barons's Steakhouse (near Krogers) one evening for those looking for a perfect steak dinner.
The grill at the house is charcoal fired, but there was bag of charcoal, lighter fluid and a lighter all ready to go for those that wish to cook at home.
Great location
Great upkeep and maintenance
Great fenced in back yard
Wonderful way to spend a week's vacation with our two 4 footed fur babies !
We look forward to returning next year.
Thanks for an awesome experience!!!!

Date of stay: August 2017
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing