“Like a greek festival only better” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fat Greek's Restaurant - CLOSED

Fat Greek's Restaurant
Cuisines: Pizza, Mediterranean, Greek
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Saginaw, MI
“Like a greek festival only better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

They advertise "like a Greek festival" and the food certainly is comparable to that served at the best Greek Festival. The servers are friendly and helpful, and the menu includes just about any item you'd be able to get at a festival. From gyros to musaka, classic desserts, soup, salads. The decor is pleasant and clean, but not fancy. The prices are very reasonable, and the veggies in the gyro were very fresh. If you enjoy the food at a Greek festival, this is your place!

Reidsville, North Carolina, United States
“Do not judge this book by its cover!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

This is a place that could easily be overlooked in a city full of upscale restaurants. But if you go inside, you will be greeted by the wonderful aroma of Greek food, Greek music and some of the best authentic Greek food you have ever tasted.

We discovered this place about 3 months ago. Since then we have eaten here 4 times and we live over 4 hour away. The portions are huge and the prices are very reasonable. Yesterday we brought my brother and his wife to the FGR. They were both amazed at the quantity, quality and value of the food. We will definitely eat here again.

Calabash, North Carolina
“Ok, but not great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

The food and service were adequate. The portions were fine. I have had better Greek food. Doubt we will go back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“What a Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

We are big fans of Greek Food, and have found that except for diners, good Greek restaurants are generally few and far between - except if you happen to live within striking distance of Tarpon Springs, FL. We are vacationing in N. Myrtle Beach and have driven by The Fat Greek a few times thinking it looked like diner food. Finally, we developed a craving for Greek food at lunch time and decided to give it a shot. I'm so glad we did.

We walked in and immediately changed our minds about our prior assessment. The place was bright, cheery, clean, attractive, and best of all - the aroma of really good Greek food wafted through the place. It has a homey feel to it and the service enhances that feel - very friendly people.

A quick review of the menu and I was pleased to see that my very favorite Greek green beans were there. Unfortunately, when I ordered them I was told they didn't have them. Bummer. My disappointment was brief, however. I ordered the avgolemono and one of the grilled pita sandwiches. My wife ordered the Greek burger.

The portions were large in general, and the service was efficient. My wife said that her burger was the best burger she'd ever eaten. It was quite large and she didn't get a chance to eat the fries that accompanied it. I did. They were as you would hope your fries to be - crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. Know that my wife is not prone to "rave" about her food, rather she takes a pretty critical view.

My soup was creamy with egg and rice, and delicious. It was just tart enough so that the lemon enhanced rather than overpowered. The tzatziki that accompanied the sandwich was thick and rich, the sandwich was huge and messy, and my heart sang. Can't wait to go back for dinner.

Concord, NH
“Messy, but totally worth it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

So after checking TripAdvisor for recommendations in North Myrtle Beach, I hied myself down the highway and tried Fat Greek's. As has been previously published, they have a gyro lunch special for $7.95, so I went for that.

Delicious! And pretty messy, what with the delectable tsatsiki and the overstuffed pita, but fortunately I had come just as they opened and was the only patron there for a while. Next time I go (and there will be a next time), I'll ask for light onions, 'cause I can still taste them a couple of hours later. Oh, and I had to ask for a box for the "small" salad, since I couldn't finish both it and the gyro, so I opted for the gyro.

They don't seem to have a website but do have a Facebook page under THE Fat Greek's Restaurant.