“Great Experience with Captain Johnny”

Reel Action Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Inshore and deepsea private fishing charters,eco tours,dolphin tours
Jackson, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Experience with Captain Johnny”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My husband & kids had a great time! One of them caught a small shark! Captain Johnny was very professional and knowledgeable about the area. They would definitely recommend chartering a fishing experience with them!

Visited March 2014
3 Thank janiemp

Charlottesville, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Reel Family Action with Captain John”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I took my son (12) and daughter (8) on Captain John's 4 hour afternoon charter, and Captain John made it an afternoon to remember. He was so attentive to the kids, and selected a location, even during a rather low fishing season, where he knew we would catch a ton. We kept the Captain quite busy taking off fish and putting on new bait. We must have caught and released 80 to 100 fish in a solid three hours of fishing. The time really flies when you are catching or missing a fish every few minutes. On the way back to the dock, we spotted some porpoises before stopping at Captain John's crab pots to allow the kids to see some blue crabs up close and personal. We rode past the oyster beds clearly visible in low tide, and then had a 10 minute shell expedition on Shell Island in the warm South Carolina sunshine. I would highly recommend Captain John and Reel Action for a fantastic family adventure in North Myrtle.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Michael K
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“cant say enough!!!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

if your going near myrtle beach sc. and looking to fish.. look no more! the past week we went with captain john twice and caught black sea bass ,dog fish,toad fish and an eel!
captain john knows where the fish are! and if we didn't catch 80 to 100 fish each time we didn't catch one!! a great time and fun! never fish in the myrtle beach area without first going to reel action!

mike and bill

Visited March 2014
3 Thank BillyandJacqui O
Springfield, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Captain John - awesome Myrtle Beach fishing!!!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Captain John took my wife and I out on a half-day trip, Sunday, October 13, and we had a great time. Captain met us promptly at 7:30am, and we fished for about an hour in the Inter-coastal Waterway. There, my wife brought in a bluefish and a gator gar. After that, we motored out towards the jetties at the Little River Inlet. Captain John first netted our bait-fish close up against the rocks. We then headed out toward the NC-jetty were we fished for red drum, drifting for awhile before anchoring in Captain John’s favorite spot. I landed a 40-lb. redfish, and hooked something bigger that was literally taking us out to sea before the line snapped. Captain John is an excellent skipper. He is extremely knowledgeable about the N. Myrtle Beach waters. He handles his boat flawlessly, and wants, first and foremost, to catch fish. He is also a real nice guy, and my wife and I are really glad to have met him. If you want to do a charter in the Myrtle Beach area, choose Captain John!!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank RLH617
Linwood, Pennsylvania, United States
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Captain John is great”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and I went out fishing with Captain John. I had to go out on his boat when I talked to him; he is so friendly. I learned more about fishing with him then I did my life fishing with my Dad and my brother. It was very exciting. My wife caught two red drum; approxamately 16 and 20 pounds and I landed a 100 pound sting ray which took a half hour and a half mile to reel in.

John teaches and knows where to go and provides a great time.

Visited October 2013