“Terrible”

Azalea Sands Golf Course
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The one bright side is the free coffee. But with only one person working in the shop, there was none. As fa as the golf course, it was in the worst condition i've ever seen.
Having the airport abutting at least gave us some entertainment. Terrible conditions all over.

3  Thank Craig195

Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Went with the wife who is a beginning golfer and the price was right . Very disappointed . Course was really in bad shape, very wet despite little rain. Grass sprayed green. For pm tee time had to wait for carts of those finishing the 18th. Very slow play. Only played 9 holes in three hours. Won't go back!!!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I'm just going to repeat the notes I typed into my iPhone during my round on 2/24/14.

-No rake for the bunker
-No overseed, all brown except for tees and greens
-Greens spotty and slow vs excellent elsewhere
-Cart paths poorly maintained, many holes, uneven surface
-No sand to repair divots
-Ball and club washer on cart worn out
-Cart seat repaired with white tape
-Overall not well maintained

There are so many other choices of well maintained much higher quality courses to play up and down the Grand Strand. No need to waste money here.

I don't enjoy writing scathing reviews, and they may try to correct these things, but as I said, so many other choices.

1  Thank rkr1203
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This was our second year as winter members and we were not disappointed. The people who work there are WONDERFUL. The course was in OK winter condition and they still allow walkers. John and Garrett actually remembered our names and were so very helpful and pleasant. We cannot wait to come back again next year. This place is fun!!!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I shouldn't complain, because it was a beautiful day for golf and I had fun. That being said, this is the worst course I've golfed in Myrtle Beach. Staff is friendly and helpful, but the course is BAD. The sand traps were concrete. A member of our foursome hit a 200yd drive straight into a bunker, but when we got up to it, it was still laying on top of the sand, when I was expecting to see a fried egg. WOW! Also, the rough is WAYYY too thick. We lost a handful of balls just a few inches off the fairway. You could be standing right on top of it and not see it. Leaves and pine straw lay everywhere. Didn't see a beverage cart the entire 18 holes, and the water coolers were empty at every station. Wouldn't matter anyway, because the paper cup dispensers were also empty, if not broken. You can't be this bad in Myrtle Beach: You will not survive. They must have been hurting financially for some time, as this is the ONLY course I have ever seen that have sponsored ads on the hole layouts at each tee box. "This is a 359 yard, Par 4, and contact Mason Tire for all your automotive needs!" WHAT?!