“One of the best choices at the beach!!!”

Wyndham Ocean Boulevard
Charlotte, NC
“One of the best choices at the beach!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2009

This was a last minute booking. This was my first choice, but they had been previously booked each time I tried, we were lucky to get in. I literally booked on the day that we were checking in. After searching for 2 days and reading trip advisor for reviews on other resorts, I knew there were not many quality locations at Myrtle Beach that are both clean and affordable. The stay was excellent, the rooms are beautifully decorated and clean, the amenities are good, and there is great beach access.

After my last stay in Myrtle Beach at the Patricia Grand, which is not like the picture!!! So many of these resorts use pictures that have been enhanced. I knew that I had to find a location that I could trust. I had stay here twice before both times in rooms that were new where I was the first person to stay there. I can tell you the rooms still look as good as they did when they were never been stayed in before new.

The only problem is the parking garages, locating check-in, and confusion about where amenities are located. I guess you can't have it all, just have patience with the few things listed and you will have a great time. I would highly recommend this to anyone, and will stay every time that I can get in.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank supermomma1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Rsing Sun Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2009

Wyndham Ocean Blvd delivered outstanding guest service, amenities and facilities. It is truly an impressive resort that handles a large volume of people with relative ease. Our family vacation included grandparents, parents, young adults, teenagers and chlldren. Everyone left very satisfied. The location, resort, facilities and activities provide something for everyone. We stayed in tower 4. Parking was convenient, check in was quick, the staff was friendly and accommodating, the rooms were very clean, all of the appliances and facilities were in good working order. Asst Manager Elaine and Supervisor Angela in guest services did a great job in managing the room locations of our multiple parties. We would highly recommend this resort for all types of guests.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Tom S
Virginia Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

My boyfriend surprised me with a trip to Myrtle Beach for my 30th birthday. Since we've never been there before a friend recommended this resort to him, and I'm so glad he did! From check-in to check-out the service we received was impeccable. Every staff member we came in contact with was more than accomodating and even more friendly. With that said on to the rooms/suites, are absolutely beautiful with modern future and appliances. This room had everything in it to make you feel right at home, and was exceptionally clean. The resort offered free wi-fi (a plus) u could rent movies, play games, or just lay by one of the many fabolous pools on-site. Also the view of the ocean was magnificent right from our balcony. The only complaints I have is the parking is horrendous, although there are 4 parking towers most of the time they were filled with the exception of the 4th one across the street. So if you stay in towers 1-3 a lot of the time you will have to park in tower 4 and walk across the street, so we said next time we stay we'll request a room in tower 4 to avoid the parking headache. The elevators are also extremely slow and very hot, I would suggest that the resort have some type of cooling system inside each elevator to make things more comfortable. All in all the stay was wonderful, and I definitely wouldn't mind staying there again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank windee79
Eastpointe, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

We stayed here July 17 - July 24, 2009. After arriving, my husband was told during check in that he had to accept his gift and sign up for a presentation in order to get our parking pass. He was also told that if we didn't show up, we would be charged for the gifts ($75 dollar value.) During the presentation, we had a very nice salesman that understood we were only there becuase we wanted our parking pass. However, the women that was sent to talk to us after him wasn't nice at all. She showed us a paper of prices, I asked her if I could keep it and she accused me of wanting to take it to the pool and give the offer to other guests. When in fact, I just wanted the paper for future reference, so when the time came that we could invest, I would have the correct figures. (We will be inheriting these points.)
We stayed in a 3 bedroom, two bath, ocean front room on the 4th floor (building one). The room itself was great. We had extra boys from the baseball team staying with us and it was nice not to be cramped. However, when we arrived, the main phone didn't work and there was no remote for the tv in the master bedroom. The maintenace men were very nice and accomodating. The room also lacked hot water for showers. We only had hot water two days out of seven. We tried showering at different times, the last day I took one at 3:30 am and still didn't get hot water.
The parking was horrible. We only parked in the attached garage to our building on the first day. Other than that, we had to use the over flow lot. The resort claims to have a shuttle to take you there and back, however, we did not have good luck in that department. We arrived back from a baseball game (we were there for a tournament) and had a very heavy watermelon and baseball articles with us. There was a cart with two men sitting in it, talking to one another. We asked him to take us to buildng one, he said that it woudln't fit us (there was plenty of room) and that we had to walk.
Between that man and the sales women, I would say the service sucked. The room was great, but I am not sure it really sleeps 10 people. The last bedroom has two smaller beds and unless you have small children sleeping in there, it would not be comfortable. I would try one of the other Wyndham properties before I stayed at this one again.

3 Thank Carinmo
auburn ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2009

Stayed here July 17 through July 23. To follow up on other posts first of all: the elevators were no problem. There was one time I waited a minute or so, another time when a large group came (30 people), and we had to wait a minute or two, but other than that it was often express elevator service (and we were on the 12th floor!). Also, I went to the beach every day and never saw a single jellyfish. Parking: got back late two nights and had to park across the street - if you're in Tower 4 its only a one minute walk anyways.

The room: very nicely appointed (no details here - its been repeated enough in other reviews). I would add that we had a DVD player, and a AM/FM/CD/Cass Player along with tvs in the living room and both bedrooms. Our room was a 2 Bedroom, #1211 in Tower 4. This was a front left corner room as your face the building - it gave us a nice view of the ocean and street (rooms on lower floors would only view the towers across the street - by being higher up our view was enhanced). We made excessive use of our balcony. Plenty of beach towels provided; a small supply of soaps, shampoos, conditioners, coffee, popcorn was in the room - we didn't ask for extras but I was at the desk when someone else did, and it was given to them. The washer and dryer were helpful(and large enough for a normal size load - detergent provided).

Wyndham OB offered live music, Karaoke, pool-side movies and more. Our daughter is 20, but there were many families with small children, and the resort seems to offer something for all ages. I made use of the exercise room on several occasions (a good variety of work-out equipment).

The area: we ate at Duffy's Seafood Shack and Georgio's Pizza on Main St, a short 2 block walk. Souvenir shops, ice cream stands and more are right there. Bi-Lo and Kroger supermarkets were a mile away on Main St. Getting to MB attractions was easy (a couple quick turns to get to Rt 17).

Nothing to complain about here - a very relaxing and enjoyable week.

2 Thank kickerAuburnNy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2009

It is the first time that I stay at Wyndham Ocean Blvd. It was not bad at all. On the day of my arrival, the help desk lady told me that they don't have any more ocean front bedroom. I said that my reservation paper states that it's a 2 bedroom ocean front. After she (Michelle), a very nice and pretty young lady talks to her manager, I was put in a two bedroon OC front level 7. Thank you Michelle! The room has a very nice view of the ocean . I have nothing to complain. The room is clean and nice. There are 8 beach towels in the room and enough other towels for showers. The elevators are ok, except the day of departure. I cannot have the elevator vacant because everyone seems to leave the same day. It took me more than half an hour to be able to get into the elevator with my cart. I will be back next year.

2 Thank trip reader
Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2009

Arrived on Sunday 5/31/09, after a 9 hour drive, for a week of rest & play with my husband, our adult son & one of our son's friends. When we first arrived it was check-in time for everyone, so it was very crowded & took some time & patience for the elevators, no big deal we had all week, this was only the first 60-90 minutes we arrived. The garage in our building was full but they let us park there in a designated area long enough to get unloaded, again, no big deal. The rest of the week we usually just parked across the street & walked, could have taken the shuttle numerous times but we thought we needed the exercise anyway, who doesn't? again no big deal. Can't comment on the staff, we had no experience with them other than check-in/check-out, & they were courteous, as expected, but then we are not "needy" people & rarely make requests upon the staff. The resort amentities are superb & I liked having the security people around & often visible. We had a 2 BR Deluxe in tower 2 that was very clean & comfortable. We couldn't ask for anything more. The resort is located just blocks from Main Street & we enjoyed walking downtown. The first Thursday of each month beginning in June they offer live band entertainment "Music on Main" downtown, bring something to sit on, towel, blanket, lawn chair & enjoy the music. Great place to stay. Loved it. We can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank SpaGirlLMT06
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#4 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,156 reviews
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach Resort
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,406 reviews
The Prince Resort
The Prince Resort
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
#2 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,547 reviews

Been to Wyndham Ocean Boulevard? Share your experiences!