“Great place”

Wyndham Ocean Boulevard
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 20, 2014

These condos are fabulous and we really enjoyed ourselves. There were 6 adults in our room and very little to complain about. The kitchen is well supplied with the necessities and the furniture is all modern and in excellent condition. Beds and linens were excellent quality and very comfortable. The only complaints were primarily the internet service being poor. You only get 2 free devices and so I paid 47.00 (taxes in) to add 2 more and then the reception was extremely poor and very frustrating. It is the number one downfall of the resort and if you require devices as a business traveller this place would make you angry. On this point only I feel we got ripped off. The parking is also bad but there is a shuttle to take you to the various parking lots and if you are just sitting on a beach for the week it doesn't have much effect on the comfort of your stay. The only other complaint was that in the second bedroom the shutters are not sufficient to block the lighting from the hall. If the room was used for children they might be comforted by the brightness of the room but in our case 2 adult couples shared the room and the light added some awkwardness. Also the public games room was very occupied by children at all hours of the day and so the pool tables were never available in the late evening when grown ups would like to use them. Other than that I would score this resort a 9/10.

Room Tip: We had an ocean view room but not ocean front and our view was spectacular of the beach. Shockingly...
1  Thank NetmetKim
Rosanna M, Manager at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Dear NetmetKim,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent vacation at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard. I am so glad you enjoyed the resort. I am sorry you experienced issues with the WiFi connectivity. We do limit the usage to two complimentary devices to help control the cost to the homeowners association. I will speak with my Chief Engineer regarding the connectivity. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We've owned a timeshare at this resort for many years and each year we regret it more and more. They limit your WiFi to 2 devices now and charge a hefty fee for additional access. The carpets are filthy, no way around it. Walk around in your socks for 30 mins. and they will be black on the bottom. No mirrors in some of the bdrms. Dusty furniture. We were given our room only to pack up our stuff and head up to find out that the room had not been cleaned yet. For the 4th year in a row, we were told they had not received their linen shipment. Last year, we waited 3 days for linens for the entire family. We waited a few hours this year. This is getting old. Flimsy plastic chairs on the patio - and for this we pay almost $1900/yr. for. One of the hot tubs was nasty - at 8 a.m. in the morning! The staff is friendly and we like the location, but this is definitely not a luxury resort.

2  Thank NorthCarolinaMolly

Dear NorthCarolinaMolly,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced on your recent vacation. I will be sure to share your comments with the Executive Housekeeper regarding your arrival and the lack of linens provided. We have recently changed our WiFi usage to help control the cost to the homeowners association. Please feel free to contact me personally prior to your next stay and I will ensure your unit is cleaned thoroughly and ready for your arrival.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed for an extended weekend, and had a great time. Every year we stay at Wyndham Westwinds which is dramatically smaller and less crowded but has less amenities. We liked the extra amenities like the lazy river and the extra outdoor pools, but this resort was a little more crowded for our liking. We had a 1BR unit, and it was very clean, very funtional and very nice. The only negative was the sliding doors in the bathroom (annoying, but not that big of a deal). We checked in around noon, and told the room wasn't ready, but they would call us when it was ready. We went to the beach and pools and had a great time. We were called before 4, received our room cards and checked out our room. When we arrived at our room, we were very pleased. The room was very clean, comfortable and had everything we needed. We were on the 2nd floor, and would have used the stairs more often, but couldn't find stairs that took you from the 2nd floor directly to the main floor and parking area. but not a deal breaker, since we'd definitely come again. We were in tower 2 and had a side view. Very nice view of the beach. It wasn't oceanfront, but still a great view. We spent alot of time on the beach, pool, lazy river and the padded lawn chairs. The lazy river was awesome since it traveled thru the sun and shade. Very comfortable and a great time. There were alot of kids, but that's what I'd expect. It's the middle of august, and families are at the beach on vacation, I expect kids to be having fun in the lazy river. All the kids I came in contact with were polite, so I didn't have any problems. The beach was a little small and crowded for my liking. Except for the intoxocated family next to us who was bumping into my son and shaking sand off their towels onto us we didnt have any issues. The water was great, but the beach too crowded. Westwind beaches are wider and less people and everyone has considerably more room. One of the negatives of Ocean Blvd, but still a great time. The feet cleaner when exiting the beach was awesome. it was hands free and very efficient. Very effective, you just need to make sure you don't step on sand when exiting the foot cleaner. Very good. Every day, the lobby had freshly popped popcorn which was an added bonus. The staff was excellent. The person who gave us our parking pass tried to sign us up for a sales presentation, and we declined, but she wasnt pushy. She accepted our answer, and gave us her number if we changed our mind. I was very happy with that. The lady at Westwinds is very pushy. A gold star for the Ocean Boulevard staff. The biggest problem with the resort is the parking. There just isn't enough parking. Overall a very nice place. I would definitely come again for an extended weekend, although, I won't give up Westwinds for our main beach vacation.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Rosanna M, Manager at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Dear Kevin S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard. I am so glad you enjoyed your unit and the amenities we have to offer. Westwinds is also beautiful and I understand your desire to stay there but I do hope we get another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I've stayed at this location quite a few times. I must say Tower 4 is the worst! The carpet is filthy!!! I understand beginning Oct 15 renovations will take place. They are supposed to pull up the carpet and replace with tile. I have a 2yr old and it was so difficult keeping her off the floor. I seriously lysoled the place down! Huge stains that were simply disgusting. The only resolve I was offered was to have someone clean it. Ok first it was so bad, there was no cleaning it. Secondly it would have only been an inconvenience who wants to deal with wet carpet?? There was mold and mildew in the shower. I can't lie I'm very disappointed in this last visit overall. We are vacation owners our home property is at Bonnet Creek in Orlando, which is simply gorgeous! Honestly, there is no way I would purchase at this location in Myrtle Beach. My parents are owners so I grew up experiencing the high level of customer service offered by Wyndham. I've been to Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Vegas, DC, San Diego. This property falls short.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Jet_Setting2011,

Please accept my apologies for the cleanliness issues you experienced. I am sorry you had to spend even a minute of your vacation dealing with this. I know there is a certain level of satisfaction expected when staying at our properties and you did not receive this. Please rest assured I will speak with the Executive Housekeeper so he can address these concerns moving forward to avoid any future occurrences of this nature. Thank you for making us aware.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

We stayed last week Tuesday through Friday. Check-in time 4pm, we were not given keys till 4:20pm. If we could of gotten our money back we would of left, paid almost 1,000.00 for 3 days. First had to call desk for flat sheets to cover the furniture it was so filthy. Carpet all stained and dirty. Mold in both bathrooms. At 10:35 one night they were collecting track make enough noise to wake us up. Beds were terrible. They told us that they were closing down tower 4 in October for renovations. Also we were told it was ocean front or ocean view. The building is across the street from the ocean, no view or ocean front. The ice machine in the building was broken. Wait on the elevators forever. Needless to say we will never stay at a Wyndham Resort again. Don't waste your money.

2  Thank Mary2465
Rosanna M, Manager at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Dear Mary2465,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard. I am so sorry you had to deal with cleanliness issues during your vacation. I will be sure to share your comments with our Executive Housekeeper so he can address with his team. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stayed in tower 3

We had an overall good stay but not without some disappointments. I will start with the bad. Free WiFi that only works sometimes and it is only free for two devices per stay. For a family that isn't enough. I am sure this is to reduce congestion over there network so there may not be a better solution. Two elevators per tower just isn't enough. You should be prepared to wait for an elevator they are often full and with 15 or so floors they make frequent stops. The lazy rivers are small and hard to enjoy as an adult however the kids will have a blast running along the river. (Not sure how this could be better except for designating one as an adults only lazy river). The pool areas did not seem regularly maintained specifically the pool decks it seemed as the week went on more and more sand accumulated and it didn't seem less the next morning. The foot wash and shower areas were almost useless as when you washed off the sand you would step back into more. Its the beach these things happen but it seemed like it wasn't on the radar to be cleaned regularly.

Now for the mediocre, Plan to park two blocks away in overflow parking. There is parking in the building but it is only two levels. It is tight in parking decks if you have a large vehicle like we did do everyone a favor and park in overflow two blocks away. We did and I found it to be much easier than trying to squeeze into the small spaces at the tower. They have a shuttle service to take you back and forth if you do not want to walk. The spaces are small mainly due to the support structure of the building there are large beams every two spaces to accommodate the large load of the tall building.

As is the case with buildings of this type of concrete construction you can expect to here the occupants above you walking around from time to time. This was never a real problem but it is noticeable from time to time. Although once in the unit above someone was rattling something on the balcony rails. It sounded like it was right in my room. Thankfully it was only once and a minor inconvenience. If you get unlucky with loud neighbors this may be a problem.

Now for the good. The staff here are wonderful they super friendly. This goes for everyone we encountered Security, Guest Services, Maintenance and even the elevator repairmen who came to fix the elevator door. Once a breaker trip at 10pm and maintenance came quickly and fixed the issue quickly and friendly. We also asked for more towels, trash-bags, and dish washer tablets. Staff brought them to us quickly and again the were very friendly.

Beach access was easily accessible from the resort (once you finally got on an elevator).

Overall we had a good stay but we probably would go somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Lower floors can give you the option to use the stairs instead of waiting for an elevator.
1  Thank ozman_15
Rosanna M, Manager at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear ozman_15,

Thank you providing feedback on your experiences at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard. Please accept my apologies for the issues you had with the WiFi and elevators. We do have some difficulties in Tower 3 during peak times. I will also make sure the Executive Housekeeper receives a copy of your comments as the cleanliness of our common areas is of utmost importance. I am glad the staff made your stay pleasant and responded to your requests quickly and professionally. I look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a 7 day family vacation. I stayed in Tower 4 room 913 across the street from the beach. The location was great and the staff was friendly. Parking was not an issue and the elevators ran smooth. You would need a car to get to most of the attractions such as Barefoot Landing, Broadway at the Beach. There were a few issues with the unit such as the carpet and the sofa and the cleanliness. The carpet needs to be replaced and the floors felt dirty I didn't feel comfortable walking on the floors with my bare feet. The sofa was dingy and had stains on it. I think the housekeeping staff should take there time with cleaning the units. Overall, I had a great time and would stay here again once the renovations are complete.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Niknik913
Rosanna M, Manager at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear Niknik913,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard. I am so glad you enjoyed the area and beaches of the Grand Strand. I am sorry you experienced issues with the cleanliness of your unit. I will make sure the Executive Housekeeper receives a copy of your comments so this does not happen again in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.