“Great Resort”

Wyndham Ocean Boulevard
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just spent the last week at Wyndham Ocean blvd. Excellent resort. My husband and I loved everything about this place. Parking not an issue for us because we learned early on that the main garage fills fast so we just started parking in other garage. problem solved. Elevators, we never had an issue with them. The room itself is clean and has everything you need. Jacuzzi in master bedroom is an added plus. We never met a nicer staff and never encountered anyone that did not go out of their way to help us. Pools are heated, Ocean is a stone throw away and the lazy river was nice. Cannot say enough about this resort. We will definitely vacation here again.

Room Tip: If given the chance go to the café when they are doing Karaoke. We had such a fun time and enjoyed m...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scottsgrl
ClubWyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM Social Media Team at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for providing such great advice to future travelers. We are so glad you enjoyed our resort and area accommodations. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Wyndham Ocean Blvd once again hosted my extended family of grandparents, parents, young adults and teens with ultimate success. The facilities were in great shape, the guest service staff was excellent and the rooms and amenities served us well throughout the week of July 13 to 20 2013. This was our third year with Wyndham Ocean Blvd and we are looking forward to our visit in 2014.

Tom Sanders
Director of Hotel Operations
Rising Star Casino Resort

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tom S
ClubWyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM Social Media Team at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Hi Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are so glad you and your family enjoyed the resort accommodations and staff. We look forward to your next visit in 2014!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

It has been years since I have been to the beach so I researched and read reviews of pretty much everything in Myrtle to make sure the trip was prefect for my partner and I. Some of the reviews of this property were a little unsettling but upon arrival I came to the conclusion that the people who wrote them must have just been in really bad moods. If you are on the 12th floor and have to wait a few minutes for the elevator big whoop. If the pools are a little shaded consider it a break from hot summer sun. If you have to walk across the street to park I see it as a little needed exercise to work off the awesome dinner you just had at one of the local restaurants. Wyndham Ocean Blvd don't listen to the big ole meanies and their rude grumpy comments, I think you are perfect.

• Stayed: September 2013
5  Thank troutyfish
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My son and I stayed here and had a wonderful time. The resort has two buildings, one on the beach and one across the street. We stayed in the one across the street. The resort offered daily activities for guests, and is within walking distance from restaurants, bars, shops and other family friendly entertainment. I would definitely recommend this resort.

1  Thank Monique H
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed from Sunday-Thurs. Aug. 25-29 2013. We had a 2 bedroom 2 bath on the 12th Floor in building 1. I was very happy with the room. The bedrooms were large and it was nice that each had its own full bath. Each had its own TV with a pretty good selection of channels. They were new Samsung TVs in the units. The unit was clean and ready for our arrival. Having a washer/dryer was very useful and it turns out essential.

I was told by our initial salesperson and the phone booking person that for a few extra dollars per day, we could ask for daily or 2 times per week maid service. When checking in, we were told that was not available and it would cost $85 if we wanted the full scale cleaning of the unit. I like a daily change of towels and the little fixing up of the room each day I'm on vacation, so this annoyed me a little, but only a little. We had to wash and dry our pool towels and bath towels everyday.

The location is fine, but nothing special. It is a longer drive to Broadway at the Beach then staying in Myrtle Beach, but the 25 min. drive was easy when we chose to go. It is a little closer to places like Outlet shopping or Naked Landing. There are also a lot of nice mini golf courses nearby. (My kids always get to play a couple times on vacation)

My only real negative was the pool situation. The way the pools for the 3 buildings on the beach are setup makes no sense. For almost the entire day and certainly from 10a-4p, some or all of the pools are in the shade. I don't mean just a bit of shade, I mean half or from 2pm on, the entire pool area is in the shade. Most people seem to hangout on the beach because of this and not the pool area. Most people in the pool area are only using the Jacuzzis. This means that it is difficult to meet other people with similar aged kids. The pool is great for that, the ocean not so much. We met some friends in Myrtle Beach for the last 3 days of the week and that hotel had a really hopping fun pool. I wish Ocean Blvd. could have provided that fun environment, but because of the shade, they couldn't. By the way, it seems that the buildings with pools between them are setup that way to maximize the number of units. Just a thought to you if you are thinking of a Wyndham time share. They maximize units, not necessarily setting them up in the best way for the guest.

I read a bunch of reviews before going, so I am going to write a little about what I expected and what I found.

1) Room-- No funny smell. They were clean and very nice.

2) Elevators- We were on the 12th Floor of building 1. There are 2 elevators for the building. I was told that the building was 100% full. I never waited very long for an elevator. I was prepared for really bad elevator service. I found the elevators service more than acceptable.

3) Parking-- Parking is a pain for buildings 1,2&3. No issue for building 4. This again is an example of maximizing units over the joy of a guest stay. They put the lobby on the same level as parking and thus take up many useful spots with the building. They could have added a couple more floors of parking, but again chose to maximize # of units and thus timeshare sales. There is plenty of parking by building 4 and the overflow lot behind building number 4. We would just drive right to the overflow lot at night when coming back from dinner. It isn't a bad walk maybe 1-2 minutes to buildings 1,2&3.

4) Friendliness-- The hotel employees were unbelievably friendly. That goes from reception to concierge to the maintenance guy I saw in the elevator. All were friendly and no request was ever seen as a problem.

5) WiFi--- It was barely working the weekend I was there. It is provided by AT&T. Apparently they have been having trouble with Apple devices all Summer. MY daughters macbook couldn't hookup to the WiFi at all. Our ipad or iphones worked very sporadically and slowly. I was told that the end of September they are doing a complete upgrade of the WiFi in the complex.

6) Timeshare sales-- We were there on the "Discovery Program". That means we prepaid for our stay. Here is how they hit you up. When you check in, you are sent to another person to get your parking placard. At that point, they make an appointment for someone to stop by your unit the next day and bring you your free DVD rental card and to just checkup and make sure you have everything you need. The next day that person stops by and does a survey to make sure that everything is OK with your unit and stay. This is a salesperson. They try to make another appointment for you. Here is how to stop the pitch. Tell them vacation ownership isn't for you, just keep insisting. At that point, they will want to make an appointment for you to "sign for legal reasons that you are giving up your equity rights". They will also say that your spouse must also come and both will need to bring a driver's licencse. This of course is complete B.S. as they don't really need you to sign anything. That's OK. Just make the appointment. This will get them to leave the unit. Don't go to the appointment. They will then call you and ask why you missed the appointment. Tell them you were having too much fun on the beach and just didn't go. They will want to reschedule. Say No. They will say you have to for legal reasons. Tell the "No, it isn't going to happen" They will tell you that for legal reasons you must come and sign away your equity rights. Say to them "You know and I know that isn't really correct. It isn't going to happen, but I thank you for your good wishes." At that point they will thank you and you will be free from sales pitches the rest of your stay.

Room Tip: I think that all units in buildings 1&3 are ocean front.
4  Thank snapps
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had a 3 bedroom suite which was very clean and big. This was our first time in Myrtle Beach and we had a wonderful time. Beach umbrellers and chairs were supplied (nominal fee), pools were nice. Location was very good and we could drive to many attractions and dining areas.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

It is like a nice quiet neighborhood but at the beach. The homes are really clean big and not far from the ocean you can walk or call for a golf cart to pick you up. The only problem we had was getting a golf cart sometimes the phone would ring and ring with no answer so we would just walk. That is the only complaint we had everthing else was good.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family