“North myrtle family oasis”

Wyndham Ocean Boulevard
Florence, South Carolina, United States
“North myrtle family oasis”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is one block from north main, makes it perfect for walking to restaurants and enjoy the beach atmosphere. The hotel is new and consist of 4 buildings. It has a nice ocean front restaurant. A game room for the kids. It's one unique feature is the infinity pool ocean view. We stayed in the ocean front 3 bedroom suite with jacuzzi tub in master. The master bedroom bathroom was fantastic. It was not a tub with jets, it is a jacuzzi, very nice. The only 2 drawbacks of this hotel was not enough elevators. The wait time was overly long. However it was Easter weekend and may have contributed to the large crowds. The other was that the glass wall to the balcony in the master bedroom did not open. I love listening to the ocean as I sleep. I did open the doors to the balcony which was next to the master bedroom and could still hear the ocean. Overall it was an upscale experience with lots of amenities in an excellent location.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Baldwin, New York, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Another great Wyndham experience. Plenty of fun things for everybody to do. A bit chilly for March, but we still had a good time. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. The unit was clean and beautifully decorated. However, not as spacious as some of Wyndham's other resorts. Although we were promised an upper floor with an ocean view, we were only on the second floor. But what a view!!! We could see the kids in the pool and we had a great view of the beach. My only real complaint was a noisy bathroom fan in the master suite. Maintenance said the fan made this annoying on and off thumping sound because of the wind. We ran the fan constantly to help drown out the noise.

Something to consider: parking is under the building and clearance can be tricky with rooftop luggage carriers.

Room Tip: All of the activities are on the first floor.
kingston, ny
Reviewed April 8, 2013

spent 5 nites here in April and enjoyed the hotel very much. 2 BR condo with full kitchen, ocean view. very clean. lazy river, hot tubs. i liked N. Myrtle Beach more then south myrtle. a little more classier. i would highly recommend this hotel if you are in N. Myrtle Beach. I would come back again to this hotel and i dont say that lightly. i just wish it was a little warmer so i could have swam in the ocean but the rate that we got for this hotel we couldnt pass up coming down here from N.Y. a little sooner then we wanted to.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank worldtraveller715
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family and I had such a great experience in Myrtle Beach last year that we decided to return this year with Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and Grandparents. We were 12 people in all and stayed in 3 adjacent rooms. Every part of our stay here was great from start to finish. If we needed anything, it was delivered to us promptly and the rooms were immaculate. Even the timeshare pitch was not pushy in any way. Although not something that I was interested in, Wyndham was truly offering a great investment. They provided us with a nice lunch and even gave us a $100 prepaid AMEX card. My kids loved both the indoor and outdoor pools and I lived in the hot tubs for a better part of the week, very relaxing. We will all be back again next year.

2 Thank JR1943
Havana, Florida
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We drove up on Tuesday, stayed in Tower 2, room 653. By Thursday my daughter said something had bitten her on her stomach. She showed us her stomach and side area, there were about 6 or 7 red marks in the area. I thought nothing of it, mosquitoes or such, was I ever wrong. Friday night came and now she had well over 50 bites plus a rash that had developed over her abdomen. The weather was rather cold when we stayed so we didn't go in the ocean, we all went into the hot tubs, my son who stayed in the front room in the other bed developed about 10 bites in total, I inspected the bed for telltale signs but reading something on the internet and actually seeing it first hand is 2 different things. I may have seen the bed bug droppings, but since I had never seen them before I saw but didn't know. I checked under the sheets, cracks in the mattress etc. but didn't see anything else. Since we were leaving on Sunday morning anyway, we didn't ask to move rooms, we should have done that. We told the front office about them on Friday night, tried to get something to help with the bites from the desk Saturday night, but they didn't have anything. All these nights it just kept on getting worse. Hindsight being 20/20, we should have done a lot of things. But this was such a bad case of bed bug bites I can't image we were the only ones to stay in that room and have that happen to us. We have contacted the hotel management since then, attached pictures of my daughters affected area(s) and have had no response. All told she probably had over 100 to 150 bites over her stomach, sides, and back. They became very red, so much so she had to wear and undershirt under her white uniform school shirt so they wouldn't show through. It's been 2 weeks almost to the day we left, and they have just now faded to where they are almost not seen. I made sure to isolate our luggage and wash and thoroughly dry every piece of clothing we had before moving them to their regular homes. Be careful!!!! Don't made the same mistake I did, if anyone develops bites or red marks, ask to be moved immediately! Then put all your clothes in the dryer at highest temperature for a cycle to kill the bed bugs. Not what I expected from Wyndham. Other than that the room was typical Wyndham layout, nice balcony, nice view, location was a bit far from boardwalk, hot tubs ran cold the last night we were there, beach area was nice, and since it was cold, they had a big selection of DVD's to watch, but only one copy of popular movies so couldn't get the one the kids really wanted to see. I would attach the photos I took of my daughter's stomach, but she wouldn't let me. She was quite embarrassed it looked to nasty.

3 Thank poacher_dae
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was our second trip staying here in tower 4. We love it. The balcony gets the morning sun and overlooks the pool. The condo is large and well appointed. The bathrooms are huge! The shower was hot/cold one day but great the rest of the time. The indoor pool got colder as the week wore on. The location is wonderful, within walking distance to Main St where there are restaurants, clubs, and shops.

We did go to the timeshare meeting. I was fully expecting at least 90 minutes and scheduled two hours even though we were told 45-60 minutes. I kid you not . . . we were out in 63 minutes with a free breakfast sandwich and $100 amex gift card. We went to the 9am meeting. The only downside was the concierge called the next day to remind us of our meeting and woke us up. He did apologize.

We did not have any trouble parking. I do wish they had had more kids' activities since it is supposed to be a PlayZone resort or something like that. There wasn't much going on as far as organized activities. Also the server in the cafe was NOT GOOD! She must have been very inexperienced as she was unable to serve the people adequately. The desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We enjoy coming to MB and staying here at ocean boulevard. Helpful staff, parking could be better, condos are nice. Peekaboo view is what they consider ocean front rather disappointing this year usually have better view and more sun time on balcony.

Room Tip: To swim in pools no breeze get tower 4. For views tower 2
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,182 reviews
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,440 reviews
The Prince Resort
The Prince Resort
#4 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,035 reviews
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
#2 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,578 reviews

Been to Wyndham Ocean Boulevard? Share your experiences!