“Sad place - don't go”

Wyndham Ocean Boulevard
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is my second stay here because of friends who are members (wo are not satisfied with them neither). My initial room smelled of old stale cat urine, not the normal musty stale smell these rooms have. They insisted that cats are not allowed. Maybe so but that doesn't mean someone did bring their cat in (did not smell like dog). I did not stay in my room the first night, end up staying with friends who were staying in the cottages. I was moved the next morning to room with no cat smell (just their regular stale and musty smell), but no cat smell. Lou at the front desk was absolutely wonderful from check in to my move to a new room, but everyone else leaves something to be desired, not the most helpful or friendliest staff here. I requested a discount or comp for one night but I was told it wasn't "Wyndham policy". My new room looked like it needed to be vacumned, beds are very uncomfortable. I was in tower 3. I realize some rooms have had some work done to them so there may be some better ones, like my first stay. Parking is one of the worst I have seen, never enough places to park. You end up parking blocks away. Rooms well supplied with towels, even for the beach and kitchenware. The cottages are cutier and seem to be cleanier but a few blocks from the ocean. The hotel could use some food service, restaurants or something. Hopefully if's up to me I won't stay here again. I also would not recommend it for anyone else, especially with kids. Noisy also, you hear everything from rooms next door and above you and the banging of doors and the stairwell since I was next to it. A bit pricey but you are paying for oceanfront, definitely not for the room.

Room Tip: Stay in cottages or ask for a room in the same tower as the lobby. But if you can find another place...
1  Thank prsquirt

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I went to this vacation spot for spring break. The day I left I called to tell them I had left a ring on a night stand. They called back, confirmed they had the ring and another cocktail ring that had also been left in the room. They said they would send them both to me. One ring was a $650 sapphire ring and the other was a $4 cocktail ring. I received the cocktail ring in the mail. I insured the rings and have still not received compensation. The managers were terrible in responding to my messages and the woman who was sending the ring automatically jumped to my accusing her of stealing which I did not do at all. They were very rude and had no sympathy even after I informed them that the cost of the ring was not what I was concerned about but that it was given to me by my grandmother. All were rude and told me there was nothing they could do and that it was probably UPS's fault even though the package never had the sapphire ring in it because its weight when weighed was that of the cocktail ring alone. And, the packaging was not tampered with. I would strongly discourage anyone from making this their vacation spot. All of those in charge that I dealt with were very rude and acted like they could not be bothered by me.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Shelby D
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My parents reserved a 2 bedroom suite for a week through Armed Forces Vacation Club and my children and I went to visit for the weekend. Reading some reviews I see that some people thought that the rooms needed updating and had a lot of wear and tear, we didn't find that to be the case at all. We stayed on the 7th floor in Tower 4, could see the ocean some and the pools below. The amenities from all of the pools and hot tubs (my kids swam in the outdoor pools and lazy rivers even in the 50 and below weather) to the game room were terrific. It does take some "exploring" to figure out what level and what Tower each amenity is located but there are signs posted in each elevator that explain the layout pretty well. We did not receive any calls asking us to buy a timeshare, not sure if it's because we booked through Armed Forces Vacation Club or not. I would recommend this hotel, we've stayed in several resorts in Myrtle, and this one was the best for comfort, cleanliness, and amenities.

Room Tip: Tower 4 may seem inconvenient because you have to cross the street, but it's just as nice as bei...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank disneylover98
Reviewed November 15, 2012

First Time at this resort property Wyndham Ocean Blvd. North Myrtle Beach. The layout of this property is a bit painful to get around. we were in Tower 4 which is across the road from the beach buildings. First day the pressure was on to do the RCI update but held firm and was not bothered by the second day. Room needed updates carpets were torn and bed sheets had some tears etc, furniture dated Frying pans were very dirty and resort sent brand new ones to the room to replace the grudgey old ones. The place seemed to be only half full so you think that they would use the nicer rooms to impress guests or up grade to try and keep owners from wanting to bail from their units. Won't be trying this Wyndham property again. We were in a 2 bedroom deluxe room (their description not mine)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank biguglybeardedguy
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Place wan't too bad. Kitchen was nice. Granite counter tops, microwave,dishwasher etc. Kitchen was well equipted and clean. Place really needed refurbishing,,,outdated. Pluses were, HD tv in all bedrooms,plus living room. Large eating area with plenty of chairs. Parking was okay, since we were there in off season. Probably would be a nightmare in the summer. Carpeting was stained in several places, but no holes or worn out areas.Furniture had many nicks and scratches, but since people do unfortunately abuse these places, we kind of expected it a bit. Turned out to be better than we thought it would be. We were stuck in tower 4, reservation said tower 2 but when we got there it was tower 4.. At least we didn;t hear neighbors etc.Was too cold to use the pool, BUT there were people in it, might have been heated for outdoor use, but 59 and 68* weather wasn't our idea of swimming weather. The husbands did get to golf all but one day while we were there for the week.Us women went shopping and did help their economy. Beds were fairly comfortable. Sheets were kind of small for the bed and every morning, I had to really tug to get them back on the bed.Bathrooms were fairly clean, not like mine at home, but weren't dirty or moldy, solid surface counters in the bathroom and had double bowl sinks. Master bedroom had garden tub and a seperate walk in shower, second bathroom had regular tub/shower and double bowl sinks and solid surface counter tops too. Had plenty of hot water. That's a plus...Check in was different. Do be prepared for the daily time share calls, but they claim they were not selling time shares,it was some sort of rewards program. Calls finally stopped on the 3rd day. I guess they got the message that we weren't interested. Did have a problem with the shower not draining. Called downstairs and no kidding, they were there in about 10 minutes and fixed it promptly..no complaints there.

Room Tip: We were in room 705 tower 4. View was of the back, not facing the ocean, but we did have a nice view...
1  Thank sk361Nc
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We had a 2 bdrm. unit on the 11th flr. in tower 4 which was fine with us. The weather was a little cold so we were not able to do much sitting on our balcony but we had a nice view of the ocean. The rooms had everything we needed. The only negative was in the master bed someone had put a queen fitted sheet on the king bed. I should have called and asked to have it changed but, it wasn't that big a deal. All in all it was a wonderful place and I would certainly go back,.

Room Tip: If you are in Tower 4 ask for a high floor so you can see the ocean.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mimimartha
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Locating where to check in was a little awkward...had to go in the parking garage and then up to the 1st floor. Reservations were for Ocean front room but we ended up across the street with Ocean View. The 2BR condo was nice. The bathrooms were clean! Very spacious!
Infinity pool was nice. The hottubs were well maintained...although some were warmer than others. The staff I encountered was very friendly! The fitness room in Tower 4 is off the chain. Best one I have ever been to in a hotel!!

I would recommend this place for people who are visiting North Myrtle Beach.

1  Thank RedHeels24