Stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo in Tower 4 on the 4th floor, facing the pool for the week of Feb 25 - Mar 3. Had to go to Tower 2 via underground parking level P2 in order to check in and requested to be placed in Tower 1,2 or 3, the newer towers. Due to time of year, the resort has low occupancy, so we thought it would not be a problem, but because we booked through RCI, they denied us and placed us in Tower 4. Okay, so we got our parking pass and drove across the street and parked in Tower 4. Elevators were fast and efficient. There are bellman-type carts available to assist in unloading. The rooms are accessed via exterior doors. The unit had 2 bedrooms, 1 master with king bed, en suite bathroom with a jacuzzi tub (which was quite good, quiet and fits 2 people), separate shower and toilet, 2 sinks. The other bedroom had 2 double beds. Main bath had shower/tub, toilet and sink. Bath towels were of good quality and sufficient quantity...there was only 2 of us. There were 3 flat screen TV's which was good, 1 in each of the bedrooms and 1 in the living room. Satellite TV and free in room wifi.
In suite washer and dryer were sufficient for our needs. Full kitchen was equipped with stove, microwave, fridge and dishwasher. Having an electric kettle and baking sheet would have been nice. Hot water problem in Tower 4, main bath never got hot. Tower 4 is across the street from the three newer towers and beach. Hot tub and sauna in our building in need of major upgrading. Indoor pool and outdoor pool was not heated which was a major disappointment. Location was good, but about a 30 min drive from the airport (MYR). It was close to restuarants and Kroger for groceries. Car is a definite must. Beach was long, flat and wide for those who wish to walk. The lazy river at the beach side towers was quite small and mainly for kids. Think you have to rent the tubes. Overall, Wyndham is a good resort for budget minded accommodations. Would definitely not rate it 5 star like they advertise, but would give it a 3.5. Basic necessities were adequate and sufficient for our purposes. Would recommend to family and friends, however would not pay 5 star prices and only stay if the price was reasonable. We were presented with a welcome gift...travel blanket, and declined the sales presentation with no problem. Never hassled to buy time share.
Another plus is they had free local calls and an external balcony. Most staff that we met were friendly enough. So all in all, a decent resort and had most comforts of home and with full kitchen facilities, did not have to eat out every day. One last note, carpet in dire need of replacing, it was quite tired and the room smelled musty. Heating/cooling worked adequately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Timeshare property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Ocean Boulevard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Ocean Boulevard Hotel North Myrtle Beach
- Wyndham Hotel Ocean Boulevard
- Myrtle Beach Fairfield
- Fairfield Myrtle Beach Ocean Boulevard
- Wyndham North Myrtle Beach
- North Myrtle Beach Wyndham
- Ocean Blvd Hotel n Myrtle Beach