“Very bad first impression but the view won us over”

Peppertree Ocean Club, a Festiva Resort
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The resort is older but you can see where improvements have been done and are still being made. The outdoor pool area is beautiful, the ocean view incredible. The resort is very clean. When we had a small problem with an appliance, and maintenance resolved the problem quickly! Our only real complaint was the treatment we received when we checked in. Very rude and unprofessional front desk clerk! We arrived happy and excited (after driving 18 hours to get there) and left the office angry and wondering why we bothered! I expected much more. This was our first experience after purchasing the time share through Festiva and it's left us wondering if we'll find similar treatment at other Festiva resorts. I will say that other staff have been more professional and the nice room and beautiful views quickly soothed our ruffled feelings.

Room Tip: Make sure to book ocean view!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank shellcor

Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

We have been going to Myrtle Beach for Thanksgiving 10 years now. Because we own a timeshare we end up staying lots of different places. This place has availability for rentals as well as timeshare units. We had a 2 bedroom with a lockout unit also. So essentially we had 3 bedrooms and 3 baths. Oceanfront, great views. It is a bit dated but it suited out needs just fine. Indoor pool and hot tub nice for late fall. It is located conveniently to many of the local attractions.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank icthec
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The Peppertree Resort has really nice rooms and the price's are not expensive. We stayed in a one bedroom 2 bathroom condo with a king size bed. It had a jacuzzi tub and a full kitchen with 2 tv's and a pull out sofa bed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here the 1st week of Sept. and found the location to be very nice. Parking was a problem due to the number of people and limited spaces by entrances. Grocery and restaurants were nearby. Building was a little outdated and old, but interior was nicer than the outside. People at the desk were very helpful, although not knowledgable about some items. Pool area was nice and uncrowded. Easy walk to very expansive beach.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank ishootpar
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a week. We were there for a convention with the majority of of the activities occurring approximately 1 1/2 miles away. It was within easy walking distance but there was such an abundance of public parking, it was very easy to drive the short distance and park.
We had a studio and found it quite adequate for the two of us. The location is right on the beach. We were on the 5th floor and had a great view. There were indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs which appeared to be well maintained. The kitchen was small but well equipped. The door on the refrigerator should have been reversed for more convenience.The drains the kitchen and bath tub were slow. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and for the most part the resort was very quiet. The TV was an older model but reception was good and the channel selection quite satisfactory.
The office staff, although not rude did not exude much warmth. We had a problem singing in to the Wi-Fi and one young man from the office did help us resolve the problem. Housekeeping, maintenance and security were friendly.
It was a good value for the price and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Normally my sister, girlfriend and I stay each year (my home base). This year my husband and I traveled down to spend our vacation in Myrtle Beach! He hasn't been since we purchased in the 90's. I can't remember if it has been upgraded or not but everything was clean and bright! I mentioned to him that we normally reserve a two bedroom and he suggested we do that next time. Our reservation was Sept 9 thru 16! We arrived on Mon (I told them we would be a day late checking in no problem) and everything was quick and easy! The temps were in the high 80's and the ocean water was fantastic while the pool water was chilly and the jacuzzi water was hot! No complaints here!

We can't complain about anything well maybe it needs renovation definitely in the kitchen and up to date tv's! The staff were accommodating, Eddie in maintenance was so helpful we only needed a battery for the tv remote! Oh yeah he suggested a place for dinner Eddie you were on point! Bennett's Calabash Seafood just pass Tanger Outlets gave us over 30 shrimp for $19.95! The buffet was $26.95; however we could not eat that much and opted for the smaller item!

We will return next year! Oh that's what the young lady at the desk said! Smile!

Room Tip: We were on 3rd floor a few rooms from elevator near activities and snack machines! No problems! only...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012

After being on the road for 24hrs we arrived into North Myrtle Beach only to discover that the private condo that I booked the week prior was not what I expected. Upon arrival I paid the balance of $600 owing to the landlord of this not so fine unit. I thought I would do a bed bug inspection and discovered that there is bed bugs. Thankfully we got our deposit of $100 and the $600 back and high tailed it out of there. We stumbled into the Peppertree simply to use their courtesy phone. The Peppertree was the first resort that was easily accessable with plenty of parking so I pulled in there to simply use their phone to search out a last minute place to stay. After coming up empty I thought I would ask if there is any rooms available. The office staff were very helpful and sympatheic to my needs. They matched the price that I would have paid at the condo. They gave me the key to the room to inspect. I turned over all the bedding and removed the headboards. The place is immaculately clean. Had a wonderful stay and would definately return.

Room Tip: I had a great experience. I think any suite would be a good suite.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family