“Always a good stay here!!”

Red Tree Inn Oceanfront
Ranked #44 of 52 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed here again and always have a great stay the beds are nice! And its a great classic Beach Motel I come to the beach to spend some time not all my money and this place is a great value!! All rooms are oceanfront and cant wait to go back and the staff is always nice and friendly!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank david h

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Our room was 'ocean front' with a great view of the beach.

We were able to look at the room before we rented it, so we were not entirely surprised about what we found once we settled in. Although it smelled strongly of bleach, which we equated to 'cleanliness', for the price and location, we decided to stay one night. It was reasonably close, (about 10-15 min.) from the Alabama theater in North Myrtle where we were headed.

Once we got in the room and used the bathroom, I was astonished that even though it had a paper tape over the toilet indicating it had been cleaned, to my surprise it had been used, had toilet paper in it, and, had not been flushed! Can't say I've every run into this in all my years of travel!

The table and chairs were very well worn. One of them was broke. The phone box in the wall behind the night stand was out of the wall. The phone in the room didn't work, nor did the free internet WI-fi. The cable TV worked fine and had plenty of channels. The air condition was 'in room', so it resulted in a lot of noise, but probably typical for these type of units.

The beds were comfortable. The room did have a little kitchenette area and some dishes, which my wife wouldn't use as she didn't trust their cleanliness.

The shower worked fine, but the tile was dirty and the tub rusty in spots. The shower curtain had been cleaned, but one could still see mold stains. The walls and ceiling were in need of repairs. The towels were what I call 'lufa towels'....they are so 'hard' that using them takes off any dead skin cells on your body....(maybe a built in benefit?). The soap bars provided were ample, but very small in size.

There were large gaps under both the front door and the door leading to the balcony. I'm not sure how many crawling 'house guests' we had during the night, but I'd try and store anything off of the floor.

I would not recommend this place if you have small children, mainly because I'd be concerned about them touching anything in the room and picking up lots of germs.

If you do lodge here, I'd recommend checking out the room prior to renting, and, 'going in with your eyes wide open". I've seen enough, and, I won't be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DennisM579
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have only one word for this place "FILTHY" !!! We walked in saw the filth and walked right back out. And all rooms are not ocean front,the only veiw in this room was of the roof! And the sliding door was bolted shut. The furniture looked like it was pulled out of a dumpster the arm rests were black and had rips in them. The microwave and fridge had been painted over the rust. Like another person wrote cant get these horrible images out of my head.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Spent 2 nights on NMB the room was clean on arrival & the housekeeper was attentive. The day shift front desk staff were shady I sent a 10 year old child to the front desk because he had locked the key in the room & was told it would be 10$ ?! No extra towels when I asked the manager even though I explained there was only 1 towel in the double room. Location is great but expect no frills,you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Bring towels.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2013

we stayed here for a family vacation for my son's graduation. i unfortunately did not read reviews. please take my word for it , this place is a dump. big roaches everywhere. the ones that were dead were not even picked up by the cleaning staff, or lack of one. bed linens soiled and nasty, red carpet had been the for the last 30 years. curled up musty and smelled peedy. lampshades hanging off lamps and torn , refrgerator so old rusted and did not work, you had to pick door up to close it, bathrooms nasty and tub had been patched, balconies never swept or cleaned, did not put a toe in pool or so called hot tub it was soooooo dirty. single parent and money hard to come by, so when you save for a special occasion and you get this so heartbreaking. we left early, they can keep the money and make major upgrades to this place
whatever you do do not stay here nasty nasty nasty worst place you could imagine

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tammy b
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed here in 2011 and 2012. We knew we were going to bring cleaners for the BR. This is an old 4 story Motel that is at least 40 years old. The price for a room w/ kitchen is $74 a night. We run up to Cherry Grove and buy fresh Seafood and cook same ..fresh.....Ocean Front. N. Myrtle Beach...without the hundreds of Condo-ites all around us. The problem with folks that write poor reviews here for this property is that they expect the same amenities of a condo for 1/3 the price. The fact of the matter is that the buffet restaurants and attractions do not appeal to us b/c they are overpriced and the food is poor at best. I have stayed at the "Crescent Beach" section of N. Myrtle since the 60's (when I was a child). We find that we would rather clean the shower curtain and save hundreds, which allows us to cook and eat fresh shrimp, scallops and a variety of fish, rather than stay in a stuffy overcrowded high-rise and spend 40 bucks p/person at a poor quality buffet rest. We have found the owners to be accommodating, but if you stay here expect no luxuries....but then again, we go to SC coast..for the BEACH..not the surrounding attractions....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank joanjohncarl
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed here 1 night, bad mistake. We arrived at the beach a day early and it was to soon to check into our hotel The Prince Resort. This hotel was chead, had a good view. My favorite part was leaving. It smelled funny, carpet was sandy and old. Beds were hard. It is just old and dirty. The veiw from the dirty windows was nice. The rooms was small and rundown. The motel looks nice online (because they never updated the picture from it being built.) This is a perfect hotel for imbreeds though. Never to stay here agian. If you want a nice hotel The Prince Resort is your place.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family