“Difficult to Find” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 53 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Calabash, North Carolina
“Difficult to Find”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Spouse and I stayed here one night. The Inn is very difficult to find as it is directly behind a Motel 8 and there is no sign (that we could find) on Hwy 17 to let us know where it is. We drove past it and had to ask someone where it is. Once there...our king room was a good size and the bed was comfy. The floor in the bathroom was a little sticky and the bathroom itself didn't sparkle. The breakfast room offered a nice variety of tasty items and the front desk was very helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mangomanCharlotte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

great hotel, great service , excellent value, great staff love the La Quinta Inns ...they are located in good areas ....and also safe, couldnt ask for a better accommodation and great breakfast bar too

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dunbar, West Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel 07/12. At that time I reported the deadbolt lock in in the door of my room 205 would not lock at all. Only the little security bar would work. Also the security lights at the exits and parking lot lights were not on. This place was as dark as a coal mine at night. I just stayed at this same hotel 09/13, in the same room 205. After 14 months of my report the door lock was not repaired nor were any of the outside lights operational. I kept my GLOCK in my lap all of the time. I am glad none of the employees burst into my room unannounced. I would have shot them for sure. I was on a business buying trip and had a large amount of cash on my person. The desk clerk apologized about the problems but gave no remedy. She told me she was also concerned about security and carried a switchblade knife. The Co. couldn't give a damn.

Room Tip: Do not tell them you have a pet. They will put you into one of 4 rooms that are substandard. Pets ar...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

2 Thank Charles C

Travelers are raving about these North Myrtle Beach hotels

Ashland, Ohio, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn in North Myrtle Beach with our family dog. We were excited to see 2 other families there with their dogs. It was a nice!
The hotel was clean and inviting and I loved their breakfast options!
Thank you and we will see you next year!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank lpierce2015
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

It was hard to find a decent place to stay with 2 black labs but this place made it easy. Stayed in North Myrtle Beach and everyone was very nice. Front desk will even give you a courtesy call if your dogs are misbehaving ie. barking too long or too loud. They called us after 1 hour of barking. So they have a lot of tolerance for pets. There isn't a lot of grassy areas for the dogs but it did the job for a few nights. Great access to the beach. Even the housekeepers did not mind cleaning up the room a bit with the dogs in the room.......and they didn't charge a dime extra for the dogs. Most other places wanted to charge more for the dogs than the people staying there. There were a few minor problems like a leaking faucet, scratches in the walls, but if that does not bother you it is worth cost of the hotel. I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Let me begin by saying, I love Myrtle Beach and my experience there has always been good. Now, I got that off of my chest, I stayed at this for 2 days during the month of August 2013 for a family trip. On 8/9/13, my wife recognized there was mold on the shower curtain and in the refrigerator. She notified the front desk, where the staff was always alone with no assistance, and asked for maintenance or housekeeping to change the curtain. Front desk staff stated she could not help, so she gave my wife the shower curtain and we installed the curtain. On 8/10/13, me and family went to the beach, and we returned to the hotel. I noticed 2 hotel cleaning staff. Me and family went to the boardwalk, and when he returned,and noticed the bathroom was not cleaned. I notified front desk, and staff was unable to assist, so me and my 72 year old mother cleaned the bathroom. The straw that broker the camel's back came when my mother slept on the sofa bed, and she fell through the bed.The manager had the audacity to state the sofa bed was for a child, and I replied to him if that is posted in the room. Manager, "Mike"(actually the owner), did not offer an apology for our negative stay, and if anyone else stays here, you are a fool. I was a fool enough for all of us. Stay away from this rat hole.

Room Tip: The best room is a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Comfort Inn North Myrtle Beach
Comfort Inn North Myrtle Beach
#19 of 53 in North Myrtle Beach
Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach - Harbourgate
Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach -...
#13 of 53 in North Myrtle Beach
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach Resort
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 53 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,358 reviews
Edgewater Inn
Edgewater Inn
#15 of 53 in North Myrtle Beach
Holiday Inn Express N. Myrtle Beach-Little River

Been to La Quinta Inn North Myrtle Beach? Share your experiences!