“Great beach and ride”

Inlet Point Plantation Stables
Reviewed November 6, 2013

It is a nice, quiet ride on quiet hacks mostly in woods, with quick glimpses of inlet, and a short ride down the beach. It's not "exciting", you don't get up beyond a walk, BUT it's safe. The location is unparalleled. It's definately worth it, if you don't mind the price tag :).

3  Thank GottaRideandEat

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My extended family and me (a group of 6) went on a 2 hour sunset ride, which actually turned into 3 hours with no extra cost. My sister and her boyfriend were engaged during our ride on the beach. This was a surprise to my sister, and the guides and photographer were more than happy to assist. They did not rush the experience, and due to the additional photos to capture the moment, we were on the beach for much longer than planned.
Everyone in the group had been on horses before but we were by no means experienced. The horses and guides were perfect for a group with minimal/casual experience.
The picture package was somewhat overpriced. My sister's fiancé is a photographer and noted that the quality was not top notch, however of course we wanted every picture of our group enjoying this unique experience and making these memories.
After the ride, ice cream is included! If you would like to save some money, the daytime rides were significantly less cost. If the added romance of the sunset is not important, I think the daytime would be just as wonderful. It was so much fun to be on a private beach riding horses over the dunes with the waves lapping at their hooves! The guides seemed to love their jobs and the horses.
Additional tip: Take insect repellant. We lucked out due to the direction of the breeze, but around the marsh, the bugs could be bad.

1  Thank rag203
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Although a little pricey.....it is well worth getting the CD of the all the wonderful pictures that their photographer takes. She was awesome!! As for the rides - they are great! We did a beach ride at sunset and the photos were spectacular. We had such a great time we went back for a marsh ride the next day - and it did not disappoint! We will travel back to this area just to ride with Inlet Point Plantation again!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Bottom line: nice facility, nice horses, nice staff, excellent guide (Ashley Morgan) and remarkable landscapes!!!

My friend and I signed up for the 2 hour ride that included woods, marshland and beach. A group of three also signed up for the 2 hour ride. The “2 hour” part of this becomes important. This group included two New Yorkers (guy and girl) and one guy from Israel. These folks were young and in love, I’m still wondering just who was in love with who as all three had pictures taken holding hands. Super nice and entertaining, but none had much awareness about farm life or horses. This was the first time the girl had ever been on a horse (maybe even touched one). As they walked into the barn, their noses turned up, why I don’t know, it had just been spotlessly scrubbed down with Clorox by Ashley and had a great hay smell going on. Different likes for different folks! I happen to love the ‘horse, and everything that goes with the horse’ smell.

Folks, when you sign up to go for a horse ride, even when the word ‘beach’ is in the ride description, you should have enough common sense to not wear your most fashionable sandals. For one, have you seen the size of a horse?! If a horse steps on you when wearing cowboy boots, trust me, it hurts. Now, imagine if a horse steps on you in a dainty fashionable sandal … you’re liable to break some toes! While my friend and I showed up in appropriate riding attire, our newest guy buddies wore basketball shorts and flip flops and our darling new female friend was decked out for a night on the town in her blinged out top, spandex pants and zipper-up-the-back orange sandals (see picture). I’m from the south … I can say this … Bless Her Heart!

After a good five minutes of convincing the girl that she was not going to die if she got on the horse, she did get on. And off we went. These horses couldn’t have been sweeter. I rode CLEO, a bit of a gaited horse and my friend was on Roxy, an appaloosa, I think they bonded well. Our new friends were on a variety of equally sweet and well behaved horses.

After about 45 mins of stunning scenery through woods with live oaks and hanging moss, we came to the marshlands where we saw incredible birds and views. Then on through the sea oats, over the sand dunes and right onto the beach. We were the only mammals for as far as the eye could see except for a photographer and her jeep. She has a separate business but works in conjunction with rides to get beach pictures of everyone (pictures were electronically processed and ready for sale by the time we were back to the barn). It was a good thing she was out there because our sandal riding buddy had had enough … as soon as the picture of her crew all holding hands was taken, she was off the horse and in the jeep. No complaints from me because now maybe we could do something besides a walk!

Ashley did a great job of leading the riderless horse for an hour. Again, these were very nice horses. We had lots of laughs on the way back. The ride was everything spelled out in the brochure and more. I could have stayed on the beach for hours but we were on a schedule. This long weekend was my mini vacation and I didn’t want to creep too far into the afternoon bar hopping activities! (Who knows, maybe another TripAdvisor in the making.)

3  Thank OpinionsRMe
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Three if us went on a 2hr plantation and beach ride and we had a great time the only downside was we got bitten by the bugs . Use insect repellant . The ride was fabulous and our guide Dallas was pleasant and chatty and always made sure that all the group were comfortable and ok. I would definitely recommend these stables

1  Thank Leesylou107