“Horseback Riding on the Beach”

Inlet Point Plantation Stables
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Bottom line: nice facility, nice horses, nice staff, excellent guide (Ashley Morgan) and remarkable landscapes!!!

My friend and I signed up for the 2 hour ride that included woods, marshland and beach. A group of three also signed up for the 2 hour ride. The “2 hour” part of this becomes important. This group included two New Yorkers (guy and girl) and one guy from Israel. These folks were young and in love, I’m still wondering just who was in love with who as all three had pictures taken holding hands. Super nice and entertaining, but none had much awareness about farm life or horses. This was the first time the girl had ever been on a horse (maybe even touched one). As they walked into the barn, their noses turned up, why I don’t know, it had just been spotlessly scrubbed down with Clorox by Ashley and had a great hay smell going on. Different likes for different folks! I happen to love the ‘horse, and everything that goes with the horse’ smell.

Folks, when you sign up to go for a horse ride, even when the word ‘beach’ is in the ride description, you should have enough common sense to not wear your most fashionable sandals. For one, have you seen the size of a horse?! If a horse steps on you when wearing cowboy boots, trust me, it hurts. Now, imagine if a horse steps on you in a dainty fashionable sandal … you’re liable to break some toes! While my friend and I showed up in appropriate riding attire, our newest guy buddies wore basketball shorts and flip flops and our darling new female friend was decked out for a night on the town in her blinged out top, spandex pants and zipper-up-the-back orange sandals (see picture). I’m from the south … I can say this … Bless Her Heart!

After a good five minutes of convincing the girl that she was not going to die if she got on the horse, she did get on. And off we went. These horses couldn’t have been sweeter. I rode CLEO, a bit of a gaited horse and my friend was on Roxy, an appaloosa, I think they bonded well. Our new friends were on a variety of equally sweet and well behaved horses.

After about 45 mins of stunning scenery through woods with live oaks and hanging moss, we came to the marshlands where we saw incredible birds and views. Then on through the sea oats, over the sand dunes and right onto the beach. We were the only mammals for as far as the eye could see except for a photographer and her jeep. She has a separate business but works in conjunction with rides to get beach pictures of everyone (pictures were electronically processed and ready for sale by the time we were back to the barn). It was a good thing she was out there because our sandal riding buddy had had enough … as soon as the picture of her crew all holding hands was taken, she was off the horse and in the jeep. No complaints from me because now maybe we could do something besides a walk!

Ashley did a great job of leading the riderless horse for an hour. Again, these were very nice horses. We had lots of laughs on the way back. The ride was everything spelled out in the brochure and more. I could have stayed on the beach for hours but we were on a schedule. This long weekend was my mini vacation and I didn’t want to creep too far into the afternoon bar hopping activities! (Who knows, maybe another TripAdvisor in the making.)

3  Thank OpinionsRMe

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Three if us went on a 2hr plantation and beach ride and we had a great time the only downside was we got bitten by the bugs . Use insect repellant . The ride was fabulous and our guide Dallas was pleasant and chatty and always made sure that all the group were comfortable and ok. I would definitely recommend these stables

1  Thank Leesylou107
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My 8 yr. old daughter loves horses and we were trying to find some different (off the beaten path) things for the kids to do this time that weren't at all the hot spots. What a relaxing break from the hustle and bustle of Myrtle Beach. My daughter was old enough to do the ride at the beach, but my son who had just turned 5 was not; so he did a 30 minute trail ride with my husband. At first it seems pricey, but our 1 hr. beach ride seemed to be closer to 1 1/2 hrs. Both of our kids had such a good time that they want to do this again next summer! The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because of the persistent photographer who was trying to sell her photos - we did not buy, took our own with our i-phones. My advice: call as soon as you get into town, book your trip as early in the morning as possible and ask for their GPS coordinates when you book your reservation with them! It's a great time!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Slow easy ride for this beginner. Through the woods out to the beach. Our daughter got to ride to her ability out on the beach and we just rode along at our pace. Our guide is an experienced rider form one of the big shows in town.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We rode the 1 1/2 hour ride. The guide was fun. we enjoyed the horses. We would have loved to purchase more of the pictures and it would have ran into the hunderds of dollars. That is rediculous.