“Great Ride”

Inlet Point Plantation Stables
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great ride and great experience for me, wife, and 7 yo daughter. Would highly recommend. Pro photos was nice touch. Topped off with ice cream at the end.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"vacation"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed July 21, 2013

It was on expensive side $50/person for trail ride - 1hr ride. Horses were beautiful very gentle. Buggy make sure to use bug spray - provided. If you can take pics yourself. They took picture but VERY expensive.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was glad to have Trip Advisor reviews for this, otherwise, there would've been MAJOR sticker shock! Booked this on a trip to Myrtle Beach with 21-year-old daughter who used to ride competitively. I, on the other hand, hadn't ridden in 30 years. I figured it would be more fun for her if she had someone to ride with, so I stepped up and was NOT disappointed. The 1-hour ride is $100 per person, but for an extra $25 each, you get a 2-hour ride. Duh! The stable was an easy 15-minute ride from our condo in North Myrtle Beach. Once we turned off the main road, there was a sign that said "stables - 2 mi." Glad the sign was there, otherwise, we would've thought we were lost for sure! 2 miles on a 1-lane dirt (sand) road. We picked the 9 AM ride. I didn't think I wanted something much later (and hotter?!) than that. Our guide was Katie and she was wonderful. Daughter's horse was Tucker and my horse was Derby. All the horses look very young, healthy and very well cared for. As animal lovers, this was pleasing to see. The first part of the ride is single-file through the woods. Once in a while, the horses would trot a few yards to close ranks. They are very well trained. Next, we came to a marsh area that was so beautiful and I wished I had brought my camera or at least my phone. Alas, these images will only be in my memory. I was prepared with a draw-string nylon sack to wear on my back with sunscreen, a bottle of water and my camera. They really talk you out of this because it will bounce up and down while riding. At the very least, I still wish I had my phone in my pocket. Note, there is a water bottle holder attached to the saddle. Just before we got to the beach, a terrible thing happened. We were attacked by a swarm of mosquitos. Hundreds of them. My daughter counted 55 bites. She wore jeans and cuffed them up like capris, and they got her up and down her legs as if she had shorts on. The jeans provided no barrier for these beasts. The guides must know this will happen because they offered to spray us and the horses once we were on the beach. It did protect us for the ride back, but the damage was done by that point. Just be aware. The beach ride was so beautiful and surely something these Northerners would never get to experience otherwise. The photographer was there and took posed pics of each rider and their groups. The ride back was just as beautiful and when we got back, they offered us an ice cream treat which was a nice touch. They are making a boat-load of dough on the pictures. They are very, very expensive and they recommend that you just buy a camera card of your pictures - for $150 plus tax. Came to $162. Of course, I had my sticker shock at home when another reviewer posted the price, and as this was a once-in-a-lifetime experience for us, I came to terms with it long before we got there. All in all, a very pricey but unforgettable experience!

1  Thank Paradise803019
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We had a nearly private ride. Just us two and an older lady. We took the forest ride since it was my partner's first time on horseback.

They picked the perfect horses for both of us. The other lady seem satisfied as well.

We will definitely go back in a cooler time of year and try a longer ride. Yes they do take photos. I did not find them pushy about it or that it detracted from the ride at all. With only the three of us it took her just a couple of minutes to get her shots and then we were on the way. Ice cream treats on the couch after washing up post ride was a nice addition.

Most important the animals seemed happy and well cared for.

1  Thank Omajake