“Miss It so much” 5 of 5 bubbles

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Miss It so much”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

I go to Inlet Point Plantation everytime I visit North Myrtle Beach (after living there for 5 years and going several times a year) It is one of the things that I miss the most about living there. I have since gone horseback riding where I now live and boy what a difference. The staff at inlet Point are so nice, they make kids feel very comfortable, the guides talk to you and are very patient. The trails are super cool and the beach is breathtaking,beyond anything that could be described in a review. Mark the owner is a great guy and hard worker, the barn itself is the cleanest I have ever seen and the horses are treated very kindly, I am told the horses get a bath and a massage everyday. The trails are set up to give you the perfect amount of trail thru the shady woods and on the beach. Put this on your must do list when you are visiting the area.

2 Thank Pudgethepug

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“MUST DO!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

LOVE IT!!! If you don't take advantage of seeing God's country in it's most finest experience, you are missing the boat!!!
LOVED IT!!!
One of the best things I've ever done in my life, DEFINITELY the best thing I've done in NMB!!!

Visited March 2012
Lynbrook, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“" best experience ever"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Jason was our tour guide and he was very kind and patient. My 9 year old loves horses and this riding on the beach was awesome!

1 Thank reis6311
Florida
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Horseback riding on the beach!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

We have taken advantage of these well-maintained stables and very nice horses on a couple of occasions. The ride is just about the right length, through shady native fauna and then onto the beach. The photographer does a great job too!

Visited September 2011
2 Thank slvrcrst
Albemarle, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Relaxing Trail Ride on Well-Kept Horses”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Pros:
1. This stable offers rides for inexperienced riders to seasoned riders. If you know how to handle a horse, you have the option of not sitting on a push-button horse and actually doing more than just walking. For the little ones, rides that have a handler with them at all times are available.

2. The prices are reasonable, $50 for an hour on the Intercoastal waterway (shaded, so minimal heat)

3. The guides are very helpful, and also knowledgeable about the horses and the property.

4. You get ice-cream after your trail ride. (Ice-cream is always a plus in my book!)

5. Didn't bring your cowboy boots to the beach or long pants? No problem, synthetic saddles mean no pinched thighs, less sweating, and flip-flops aren't an issue. So if you decide to do this last minute, don't feel like you need to go out and buy western wear.

6. MOST IMPORTANTLY...the horses and the barn are well maintained. I've been on a few trail rides, visited many barns, and this barn by far exceeds all expectations of horse care/stable keeping. For a non-equestrian this may seem trivial, but a well-kept barn and happy/healthy horses is a number one sign that these people genuinely care for the horses and most importantly know what they're doing! Horses were in cross-ties being groomed as we entered the barn to get on horses for the ride, stables were kept clean. (I've been some to some "fancy" places where I've been given a horse caked in mud...this was NOT the case at Inlet Point)

Cons:
1. Be prepared for a pretty long drive after you enter the gates from the main road. The barn is a little over 2 miles down a one-lane sand road.

2. A small portion of your ride will be spent getting pictures made while on the trail by a professional photographer. She takes both posed and action shots, individual and with your group (i.e. she took pictures of the family that was on the trail with us, and separate photos of me and fiancé). I was dead set on not buying the pictures at first, but the pictures were VERY good. The price is steep...I dropped $150 for an SD card filled with all the pictures (other options are available), but that also gives you copyrights to the photos so you can print them wherever, whenever, and post to Facebook as well. I want to stress that you are not obligated to purchase the photos, but it is a great way to remember your ride if you can afford to (and is much safer than trying to snap photos with your iPhone while riding).

Inlet Point is open year-round, I would definitely visit them again. It was an overall great experience.

3 Thank Brandy D