Message from TripAdvisor:

“The best pet-friendly resort, great ammenities & decor.”

Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
High Point, North Carolina
“The best pet-friendly resort, great ammenities & decor.”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We loved staying at Bay Watch! This was our 1st visit & it certainly won't be our our last! We usually go to the Myrtle Beach area once or twice a year. We stayed in a 2bdrm oceanfront condo. We loved the bright cheerful tropical decor and the wall of glass doors overlooking our oceanfront balcony. I love being able to open the sliding glass doors and hear the ocean waves and feel the breeze at night. The king size bed was comfortable. Each bedroom had its own private bath ( the King bath even had a whirlpool tub!) The kitchen was clean and bright with full size appliances ( including a dishwasher, and a stacking washer and dryer in the closet) Everything looked fairly new, well maintained & clean. We did have to call maintanence once to reset the in room safe which had been left locked by the previous guests. Maintenence was prompt (less than 10 minutes to respond and correct the problem) The best part was being able to bring our 2 little chihuahuas to enjoy the beach with us.(Baywatch recently became Pet friendly during the off seasons) With 3 towers, there are plenty of indoor and outdoor pools, hot tubs and lazy rivers. The pools could have been a little warmer, but we still went swimming in the indoor pool.anyway.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank rz1028
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 5, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am happy to read that you took advantage of our resort being pet friendly during the off season and brought your pets for a vacation at the beach. I am glad that you enjoyed having a well maintained kitchen and that all the appliances are full size. I hope that you and your pets will come back and stay with us again during our offseason.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
Glace Bay, Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2010

we loved your hotel/condo. everything was great. rooms , service, pools beach etc.
one major DISAPPOINTMENT was the floor we were on. i asked several times during the booking process for a low floor( like 2 -4). but were puy on the 9th. i lost the best thing about your place . the view!! my wife is terrified of heights, as is my daughter . i had to jam a chair against the patio door so my 3 yr. old grandson couldn't open it. we were forced to keep the drapes closed at all times . they weren't as terrifed when they could see the height we were at. it didn't ruin our stay but came close . everything was fine when we weren't in the room.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad that you found everything to be great except the view. I am sorry that the staff wasn’t able to accommodate your request for a lower floor. I hope that this won’t deter you from coming back and staying with us again.

State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 22, 2010

We were impressed with the friendliness of staff during our stay. It reminded me of Disney, where their theme is, "Be our guest". HOSPITALITY is extremely important. Not that we are kings or queens, but we were treated as such. It was great. We were there looking for property for relocating after retirement. The area is beautiful and the waters were cool, but gorgeous. The restaurant in tower 2 offered a really nice Italian buffet on Friday night that kissed our tastebuds! We didn't have time to use the fitness room, or the indoor pools available. The hotel was quiet, which we like, and a short drive in our car took us to shopping and amazing restaurants. We visited as far south as Pawleys Island during our 5 day stay. We would surely return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to read that you were impressed with the friendliness of our staff and that they made you feel like kings and queens. I am glad that you enjoyed dinner in the restaurant. I hope that you found a place to relocate to during your search but if you didn’t I hope that you will come back and stay with us again on your next time down.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed October 19, 2010

it was a great place in every aspect but the beds were very uncomfortable.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that you find our resort to be great with the exception of beds. I hope that this won’t deter you from coming back and staying with us. We would like the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Coventry
Reviewed October 19, 2010

From the moment we saw the resort, we were impressed. We arrived after 10PM and there was a line in Reception. Someone came out immediately to assist us. The room was much bigger than expected and the bathroom was in excellent condition. It was refreshing to have a shower that worked properly along with a tub drain that actually drained the water during the shower. The beds were very comfortable as well as the room temperature. We were pleased that we could adjust the room temperature. We came from Rhode Island, where the temperature was in the 40's, so we didn't need heat in the room. Everything in the room worked including the TV and the kitchen area. It was spacious, so we weren't tripping all over each other. We had a decent place to hang our clothes and the room was quiet. We didn't hear any noise and we appreciated that! Our trip was short, so we didn't get to see and use other places in the resort, but we would certainly return here again. I enjoyed the parking too. It was easy in, easy out and it was covered. I highly recommend this resort to anyone going to the Myrtle Beach area. We were not disappointed in anything!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 22, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to read that you found the resort to be a perfect place to stay and that the beds were comfortable after your long trip. I am glad that you found your room to be spacious and that everything was in working order. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Rochelle, Illinois
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I traveled on business and it worked out perfectly. The bartenders and staff were fantastic to our group. They really took care of us after our meetings. Big Thanks to Micky and a really big thanks to Kathryn you two made the experience all that much better

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad that we were able to provided you a perfect place to stay for your business trip and that our staff really took care of you after your meetings. I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in town for meeting.

Ferrum, Virginia
Reviewed October 18, 2010

My brother had stayed at the Bay Watch Resort two years ago, and he suggested we stay there some time. Our 25th wedding anniversary PLUS my husband's birthday was on October 12th, and I decided to try the Bay Watch. What a pleasant surprise! It felt like a home away from home. We stayed in room 1141 and were well pleased with all the accommodations that went with this room. And so many pools! Plus we met some really nice people there who did own a condo at Bay Watch. I wish I could be able to stay there more often ( money is our biggest problem at the moment; I am on disability ). Yet we are determined to return someday and take more time to enjoy the opportunities and amenities the Bay Watch has to offer!
Steve & Debby Ferguson
Ferrum, VA

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that you came and stayed with us based off a suggestion from your brother and that you found the resort to be picture perfect. I hope that you and your husband will come back and stay with us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
#17 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
#1 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach

Been to Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!