Message from TripAdvisor:

“Getting the most for my money!”

Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
ohio
“Getting the most for my money!”
Reviewed October 23, 2009

I love the feeling of staying in a five star resort, but with a much smaller budget in mind. First and foremost, the staff made it seem like i was the only guest there. They told me the best parts of the beach, best places to eat, and best sights to see. The rooms were clean and well maintained. Every thing worked like it was suppose to. I cant wait untill next year for our next vacation. My family and I will be visiting again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 27, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that the staff made you feel welcome and informed you of where the best places to eat and what sights you should see while in town. I am happy that the room was clean and well maintained. We are looking forward to seeing you again next year.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (542)
Sacremento
Reviewed October 23, 2009

We had a wonderful time at this resort. The rooms were extremely comfortable and the staff bent over backwards to help us with information and services. We can't wait to return to this resort when we're back in town. I have family nearby but would rather travel a little distance to this resort ,than stay in the comfort of thier home.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that you had a wonderful time while staying at this resort and that your rooms were extremely comfortable. I am glad to read that the staff bent over backwards to help you with any information that you needed. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

North Carolina
Reviewed October 12, 2009

I just wanted a quite place to get away for a few days, and the Bay Watch Resort provided that. The room was very nice – clean, comfortable, and with an ocean front balcony that allowed to sit and enjoy the sound of the ocean. The place wasn't at all crowded, which I liked, and the staff was very nice. I would (and probably will) stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009
2 Thank Guywriter
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 13, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad that your room was very nice and comfortable. I am happy that you liked the ocean front balcony and that you enjoyed listening to the ocean. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

WOOSTER
Reviewed October 9, 2009

I was a bit nervous after reading some of the negative reports on the Bay Watch resort but our experience was just wonderful. Our oceanfront two bedroom was very clean and the kitchen was well stocked. We enjoyed the condo so much that we only ate out one night at Broadway. The resort is close to Barefoot Landing and several small shops on the strip. My daughters just loved the lazy rivers and the hot tubs. I found the pools very clean and the temperature of the water was warm. We really enjoyed our stay and will book again next September. Elliot Realty was courteous and helpful.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that your room met your needs perfectly. I am sorry that you saw a couple of palmetto bugs around the property. We do actively have people come out and spray the property for insects. I hope that this won’t deter you from coming back and staying with us. We would love the opportunity to serve you again.

North Wales, PA
Reviewed October 9, 2009

I did not get to personally experience the check-in process because our family arrived earlier and checked us in. Our room was a beautiful three bedroom ocean front with all of the necessities including refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, toaster, etc, all of which were in working order. This was perfect for husband/wife with two kids under the age of three, an adult couple, and two youthful grandmothers. We were close enough to several restaurants and shops, but also had the ability to do food shopping and save money on eight-person lunches. I would also note that you should bring your own towels and beach gear. We were unaware that towels would not be provided at the pool and ended up having to use a skimpy bath towel to dry off after a swim. There are umbrellas and chairs on the beach in front of the hotel, but patrons rent them from the township. I think they run upwards of $30 per day, so bring your own if you can!

While the room fit our needs perfectly, there were a few things that were undesirable. For one, I saw two dead cockroaches- one in the fire stairwell and one out on the tiki bar patio by the pool. This wasn’t terribly unsettling because I guess it meant they actively exterminate. However, there was also a living one outside of the door to our tower which just is not very fun to see. Luckily it was the day before we left so I wasn’t too creeped out the whole time.

The other slightly negative issue is in regard to the staff. I did not have many occasions to converse with the hotel staff during our five day stay, but in one instance I did need to approach the front desk. While they have a satisfactory gym facility, I was looking for a place to get some outdoor exercise. I asked the front desk if there is anywhere nearby to go for a nice run. She looked at me like an idiot and pointed outside and said, “The beach?” I told her that I was aware that the beach was there, but I was looking for a park or a trail. She said no, and I decided to just stay at the gym and get my more scenic cardio later in the day by way of a stroll on the aforementioned beach. I would have liked somewhat of a concierge to help me get around. I can’t imagine that there aren’t any other out of town visitors that are looking for some outdoor fitness. If you plan to stay here while visiting North Myrtle Beach, I would have a fitness plan mapped out before heading down, if you’re into that. Otherwise, the Elliptical Cross-trainer machine faces the pools and ocean, and the treadmill is in front of a flat screen TV. Enjoy!

Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 7, 2009

We had a great time at Bay Watch Resort, it was the cheapest place I could find that was oceanfront and had the great pools.

The pools were amazing. There are three buildings, building one has an indoor lazy river, an indoor kiddie pool and an indoor jacuzzi, building two has an indoor pool and an indoor jacuzzi, and building three has an indoor pool and indoor jacuzzi. Outside there was a kiddie pool, three swimming pools, a lazy river, and four jacuzzi's.

Obviously what I loved most was their selection of pools, indoor and outdoor. It was great, because if the weather isn't good, there's plenty of room at the indoor pools.

I stayed on the 18th floor of the third tower in a 3 bedroom. The only complaint I have is that for a 3 bedroom, the living room was not big enough. There was a love seat and two chairs in the living room. Now the kitchen table was right there, so someone always had to sit there and watch TV, but still it would have been nice to have everyone in the living room.

We told the girl at the front desk (Sasha - very friendly) that we were interested in staying next year, but we wanted to see a different 3 bedroom room, so she allowed us to look at one of theirs and the living room was much bigger, but still only had a love seat and two chairs.

I booked through Elliot Reality, and was pleased with the service we received from them, but after checking in at the hotel, the staff informed me that if we booked directly through them next year that they would match the rate we paid through Elliot. There are several advantages to this, Elliot's room did not include internet access (at least the room we stayed in did not), plus with Elliot we had to provide our own toilet paper, shampoo, and soap; plus, the sheets weren't even on the beds when we got there. After a long hard day we went to go to bed and discovered that it had no fitted sheet on it, and the pillow cases weren't on the pillows. Elliot gives you a bag with these in, and you have to put them on the bed yourself. (hello, I'm on vacation!....j/k)

We booked next year already through Bay Watch, all their units come with internet access, shampoo, soap, toilet paper, and beds that are made.

All in all this was a great place to stay, I highly recommend it!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 8, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that on you have already booked your next stay at Bay Watch Resort. I am glad that you enjoyed the many water features that the resort has to offer. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Morgantown, WV
Reviewed October 5, 2009

Please read this and the other reviews concerning this "Resort". We visit Myrtle Beach several times a year and we normally stay at AVISTA Resort, which BTW is wonderful. I had a reservation at Avista and cancelled it for one at Baywatch on the advice of our MB Realtor. We reserved an ocean front one bedroom for a week (Harley Bike week), when we opened the door to the room I was in shock. The room looked like we were at a $29.95 per night special or homeless shelter. Saying that the room was dirty is a compliment, layers of dirt, broken furniture, fist sized holes in the sofa, coffee pot and toaster broken, 8 inch tear in carpet. Oh did I mention the big black, roach like bugs I killed every morning in the kitchen. I cleaned the kitchen and bathroom our first day there (after a 10 hour drive there). I also opted for the "No housekeeping" option while staying there. Mainly to keep nosey house keeping staff out of our room, I kept everything washed in the washer and dryer provided. While there I kept the "Do not disturb" sign on the door and the TV played all day long. On the third day there Resort staff entered our room and replaced the dryer lint screen in our dryer, with no warning or message. So they totally ignore the Do not disturb signs regardless of what you do. We did contact the front desk on the appliances not working with no response. In one ear and out the other. I did also try to get in to another resort close by for the entire and could not, I could get a day or two here and there, but not a full week. So we did suffer. It did put a damper on our much deserved vacation. I did take the survey the resort staff sent me via email concerning our stay and I must say that the GM responded quickly, however one free night stay was insult to injury. I will never stay at this so called resort again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WVmountaingal
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 7, 2009
We appreciated the opportunity to look into the matter through the information we received via the comment card. We are unable to verify the cleanliness of the room during the guest’s stay, but upon inspecting the room after receiving the comments, we found it to be clean. The room attendant and supervisor involved in cleaning the unit prior to our unannounced inspection are the same two involved with the cleaning prior to the guest’s arrival. We regret to admit that the toaster was not operating correctly and has since been replaced. We did find two small holes (finger size) in the cushion covers and are having those redone. The carpet had already been scheduled for repair prior to the guest’s stay. Unfortunately, we were already booked up and could not remove the unit from our inventory until the repairs were complete. The rest of the unit was in good repair and pleasant to the eye. Thank you for the opportunity to respond.

Sean Griffith
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
#13 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
#2 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach

Been to Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!